Confrontations

Third Time's The Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

Galatians 5:13

Relief. Unwanted, cold relief. That’s what flooded through Krystal when Seulgi admitted, “Oh, um, no, we’re not.” She then looked at Krystal with immense apology. “Look, Krystal, I’m so sorry he broke up with you because of me. I swear, I didn’t mean or want for that to happen, and I understand if you’re mad at me-”

 

“I’m not mad at you,” Krystal cut in kindly and truthfully with a small chuckle that intensified when Seulgi looked taken aback.

 

“Really? Oh, um, I’m glad.”

 

“Do you like Kai though?”

 

Seulgi took a few moments to think deeply before exhaling. “I don’t know, I guess I like him a little, but I-I still can’t really trust him, you know?”

 

“Oh yeah, I know,” Krystal immediately agreed, and the two girls broke into little laughters that quickly died down. Mind whirring with a million thoughts, Krystal began developing a plan.

 

“Seulgi, as an ex-girlfriend of Kai, I just want to warn you to be careful. He may seem sweet and affectionate in his gestures, but in the end, he may just dump you for the next girl he likes.”

 

Seulgi made no response, already knowing that, but Krystal still could see the sadness in the other’s eyes.

 

“I mean, that’s what happened to me. And countless other girls actually. I don’t want you to be hurt the same way.”

 

“Ahh,” Seulgi murmured before changing the course of the conversation, “Do you mind telling me what kind of boyfriend Kai was?”

 

Krystal pondered if she ought to go with the truth. “He was surprisingly kind, considerate, thoughtful,” she finally admitted. “He was the kind of boyfriend you wouldn’t expect from a renowned player.”

 

Seulgi’s brows slightly pinched together at the label, but she didn’t comment on it. “Then his cheating on you with me must have been twice as painful,” she said quietly.

 

This time, Krystal’s brows shot up in surprise. “I-I wouldn’t quite call it cheating,” she began, stuttering because thinking of Kai cheating on her was...well, rather uncomfortable.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter