Project Partners & Nicknames

Third Time's The Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Galatians 5:14

Krystal would be lying if she said she wasn’t nervous. In fact, she couldn’t remember the last time she was this nervous. Even bringing Kai over to her home to meet Jessica wasn’t as nerve wracking. So why was she sweating about inviting a guy who wasn’t her boyfriend to come over and work on a project with her?

 

Maybe it was because Jessica actually approved of Minhyuk and teased Krystal about her friend. One look at Kai, and the older sister immediately frowned upon her sibling’s choice in boyfriends, but she didn’t say anything. But now, after having heard a bit about how Minhyuk helped Krystal cope with her break up and having actually met the guy, Jessica was annoyingly supportive of him and her sister dating even though it wasn’t long since they became friends.

 

“Unnie, please, I beg of you, please do not embarrass us by talking about how cute of a couple we’d be or whatever,” pleaded Krystal to her sister for what seemed like the millionth time.

 

The older one smirked and, for her pleasure, didn’t say anything.

 

Afraid of what her sister’s silence could mean, Krystal continued, “Oh, please promise me, please, please, please, please, please.” With every word, her voice rose to be cuter, in hopes of getting her sister to agree.

 

Unfortunately for the younger sister, Jessica was immune to Krystal’s cuteness. Laughing, she shook her head and reminded, “You know, that doesn’t work on me.”

 

Pouting, Krystal huffed, “Fine. But seriously, please do not say or do anything embarrassing, especially if it’s about us supposedly dating, okay?”

 

“I’ll try, but no promises,” her sister sang.

 

Krystal knew she’d have to be satisfied with that. And she didn’t have time to really argue because just then, there’s a knock on the front door. A stricken look of panic settled on her face before immediately flying away just as quickly as she made her way to the door.

 

When she opened it, of course, there stood Minhyuk. He smiled charmingly as usual at Krystal.

 

“Hey,” she greeted and stepped aside to let him inside. She glanced at her watch. “Wow, two o’clock on the dot as promised. I’m impressed.”

 

“But of course.” He looked around the place.  “Nice apartment,” he complimented. Because though Jessica’s abode was small, it was decorated with modern furniture and abstract art pieces.

 

To his surprise, Krystal wasn’t the one who responded. “Oh, thank you. It took forever to collect all the furniture and paintings,” someone spoke.

 

Minhyuk turned slightly to see an older version of Krystal smiling at him. Startled, he bowed hurriedly, and she laughed, shaking her head. “No, no, you don’t have to bow.”

 

He looked back to Krystal who was amused as well and mouthed, “Sister?”

 

She nodded once before moving onto the real reasons why he had come over. “Should we start on our project now?” she suggested professionally.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter