New Roommate

Tell Me You Exist
Index:
 
(YJ) – Young Jae speaking
(DH) – Daehyun speaking
 
(GY) – Grandma Yoo speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Make sure to use the sheet set this time, Young Jae. You know I don’t like it when you mix the sheets together. (GY)
 
“I knoooow…” (YJ)
 
“Make sure to also make space for Daehyun’s things. Since he will be staying with us for a while, I would like to make sure that he feels welcome in our home.” (GY) Young Jae let out a sigh as he began pulling the bed sheets off of his bed. It had only been about five minutes since Daehyun left and already, he was being told to do this and that. Sure, he didn’t mind it too much since he loved his grandmother, but he didn’t see why he had to share a room with Daehyun. Okay, so they didn’t exactly have a guest room for Daehyun to stay in, but that didn’t mean that Daehyun had to occupy his room! It was… well, awkward.
 
Throwing the bed sheets onto the floor, Young Jae rubbed his temples for a moment before flopping onto the bare bed. Why did he have to do all of this? Why did Daehyun even want to stay here for more than a day anyway? There wasn’t really anything interesting to do here unless Daehyun felt like playing video games all day. Even then, they wouldn’t be allowed to do so since he had to study most of the time. It was a bit frustrating, but… well, at least he could become better friends with Daehyun. That could work well, right?
 
Still, that meant lying in the same bed… with another male.
 
Young Jae quickly pushed himself up a bit, a gasp escaping his lips and his eyes widening as realization kicked in more than it had just a few moments ago. He was supposed to share a bed with another male?! Was this even remotely okay for two males to do?! He didn’t know if he could even bring himself to do it! Young Jae couldn’t even bring himself to hugging another male, let alone sharing a bed with one! This was just all sorts of awkward and Young Jae wasn’t exactly certain if he could go through with it.
 
Yeah! He just had to tell Daehyun that he was uncomfortable with the idea of sharing a bed with him and maybe, just maybe, Daehyun would end up taking the couch or sleeping in a futon! As much as Young Jae was uncomfortable with the idea though, he simply refused to give up his bed… even if it did mean sharing it with Daehyun.
 
Letting out yet another sigh, Young Jae had just let himself fall back onto the bed when he heard his bedroom door slide open. Quickly pushing himself up, he stared wide-eyed at his grandmother, whom was making a few ‘tsk’ sounds. “Young Jae! You’re slacking off already?” (GY)
 
“N-No! I wasn’t! I was just… um… I was resting!” (YJ) His grandmother repeated the sound as she shook her head in disappointment. Young Jae let out a quiet whine as he quickly sat up, attempting to at least not make it seem like he was being lazy. Still, it seemed like his grandmother wouldn’t believe him.
 
“My… What am I to do with you? I even brought you a nice cup of hot cocoa and a plate of cookies. Now, you’ll just have to wait until Daehyun returns with his things.” (MY) Young Jae’s mouth hung agape in disbelief as his grandmother soon stepped back out of the room before disappearing behind the corner. Why did he have to be punished for something as small as that?! It’s not like Daehyun cared about what his room looked like! Or at least… Young Jae assumed Daehyun didn’t care. It shouldn’t matter anyway since Young Jae kept his room relatively neat to begin with.
 
Letting out yet another sigh, Young Jae flopped back onto the bed. He let out a small whine before turning onto his back and staring up at the ceiling. He just needed to keep telling himself that it would only be for a week and that it was for the better, not for the worse. As long as Daehyun didn’t end up making a mess of his room, then it should be alright.
 
So… then why did he have this nervous feeling in the pit of his stomach?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
About an hour had passed and by now, everything was set up nicely in Young Jae’s room. The covers on the pillows actually matched the covers on the bed, his plushies and action figures were set up in a nice manner in their respective places, and his books were neatly set up on the bookshelves and table. Plus, he even made certain that there was room in his closet so that Daehyun had some space to put his own stuff, if it needed to be hung anyway. Since it was only going to be a week, Young Jae assumed that Daehyun was just going to keep the majority of his clothes in his luggage or something.
 
Looking up at the clock, Young Jae hummed a bit as he waited patiently for Daehyun to arrive. How did things end up turning out this way anyway? Young Jae had simply assumed that if he invited Daehyun over to hang out, then he could get Daehyun’s phone number in the process. No. Instead, he ended up getting Daehyun himself. Was it supposed to work out that way or had he done something wrong?
 
Did he… want it to work out that way?
 
Well, he did want Daehyun as a friend, so it did make sense. Still, it felt like Daehyun was… well, invading his personal space. Young Jae had gotten used to Himchan pulling him along everywhere, but this was a different feeling. Maybe it was just because he wasn’t used to being around Daehyun yet. So, this could possibly end up becoming a good experience for him… right?
 
But wait…
 
What were they going to do for a whole week? Young Jae doubted that Daehyun would want to study as much as he did and they weren’t necessarily always allowed to play video games. Well… at least they could get to know each other a little better this way.
 
Buzzzzz.
 
In that instant, Young Jae’s thoughts were interrupted from the sound of the buzzer going off. Was Daehyun here already? Well… he did say he would be here in about an hour or so, so it shouldn’t take any longer. Then again, Young Jae didn’t even know where Daehyun lived, so it could have been much longer than Daehyun said he would be.
 
Either way, Young Jae got up from his seat as he made his way towards the front door. He fiddled with his fingers, a bit of nervousness starting to build up in the pit of his stomach as he neared the door. If he could just keep telling himself that it would only be for a week, then he should be fine. There was absolutely nothing to worry about.
 
Opening up the door, Young Jae produced an embarrassed smile as he took a step back. Daehyun grinned as he stepped into the apartment with his things. Young Jae blinked a few times, surprised to see Daehyun pulling along three-luggage bags along with his backpack. If he was only staying a week, then why was he carrying so many bags with him? “You okay? Why are you staring like that?” (DH)
 
“W-What?” (YJ) Young Jae looked up at Daehyun and stared for a brief moment before blinking and quickly turning around to close the door. He hadn’t realized that he had been staring and he knew it was rude, but he was still curious. Would it be alright to ask him? Clearing his throat, Young Jae closed the door before turning to look at Daehyun once more. “U-Um… Wh… Why do you have so many bags if you’re only staying a week…?” (YJ)
 
“A week? Oh! I guess I did say that. I’m staying much longer than that. Hope you don’t mind.” (DH) Daehyun flashed a smile, as if it would make everything alright, before he headed off towards ‘their’ room. Young Jae stared for a moment or so before following after Daehyun.
 
What did he mean by ‘longer than that’!? Young Jae was so certain that it would only be a week long, but now that things have turned out this way, it seemed like the preparations that he had done had gone to waste. He also wasn’t exactly happy with the idea of sharing his room with Daehyun for longer than a week, but he couldn’t bring himself to saying anything about it. He didn’t’ want to be mean and say something that would end up hurting Daehyun’s feelings in some way, so… he decided to keep quiet about it.
 
“Wow…! This place is a lot cleaner than before.” (DH) Daehyun set his bags off into a corner by the wardrobe before making his way over to the bed. Lying on his back, Daehyun comfortably propped his head up a bit with one of the pillows and set his free hand on his stomach as he looked up at Young Jae with a grin. “Hey. You just gonna stand there or are you gonna join me?” (DH)
 
“J-Join… you…?” (YJ)
 
“Yeah! Lay next to me so that you’ll get used to it already!” (DH) That was very awkward to do, but he was going to have to get used to it sooner or later. Sure, he hadn’t expected to be doing it so early, but at least it could possibly end up making things less awkward later when they actually do have to go to sleep.
 
Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae attempted to fight down the growing embarrassment within him as he made his way over to the other side of the bed. Slowly sitting on top of the bed, Young Jae could already feel his face and ears heating up as he slowly forced himself to lie down as well. Of course, he did also make sure to put as much space between them as possible. “Well? How does it feel? You like it at all?” (DH)
 
“I-It’s uncomfortable…” (YJ)
 
“Well no wonder! Move closer or you’ll never get used to it!” (DH) Young Jae gasped as Daehyun suddenly shifted before putting an arm around him. His eyes widened as he looked at Daehyun with both a surprised and an embarrassed look, feeling his body moving across the bed before their bodies touched much more than just a second ago. Once all of the awkward shifting was finished with, Daehhyun smoothed Young Jae out before laying comfortably next to him. He held that bright grin of his, their heads just mere inches away from one another as the two of them soon stared up at the ceiling. “There. Comfy, right?” (DH)
 
If he wasn’t so tense and completely embarrassed about the situation, then Young Jae probably would have been comfortable. However, since he wasn’t used to being in a situation like this, especially with another male, it was just something that he couldn’t bring himself to calming down about.
 
They laid there for about twenty minutes and after a while, Young Jae had finally managed to relax himself. Sure, he was still embarrassed, but he was much more calm than he was when they had first started. He did, however, wonder how much longer they were going to lay there.
 
Sitting up a bit, Young Jae was about to ask Daehyun a question as he looked down at Daehyun. He blinked a few times before realizing that Daehyun had fallen asleep, quickly explaining why they had laid on ‘their’ bed for so long. Daehyun looked so peaceful sleeping there, almost as if he hadn’t had a good nights sleep in ages. For whatever reason, it made Young Jae feel a bit happier about being able to see Daehyun like this. Normally, he saw Daehyun either completely bored and uninterested or completely full of life and energetic. So, seeing a calm and content look on Daehyun’s face was rather refreshing.
 
In order not to wake Daehyun up, Young Jae slowly inched off of the bed. It seemed like it would work, but the second he heard Daehyun speaking, Young Jae instantly froze in place. “Sorry…” (DH)
 
Sorry? Why was Daehyun apologizing? Turning his head, Young Jae quickly realized that Daehyun was talking in his sleep. Was he having a nightmare of sorts? He shouldn’t be listening in on this, assuming that Daehyun was going to continue talking, but Young Jae’s curiosity was getting the better of him. “… left you… alone…” (DH)
 
Who did he leave? Did it have something to do with Daehyun basically moving in with him? Sadly, it seemed like that was all he was going to get since Daehyun merely shifted a bit before continuing to sleep once more. Daehyun’s facial expression had gone from calm to troubled, then back to calm. Young Jae wanted to comfort Daehyun somehow, but… he wasn’t certain if he should bring it up. Since it was in Daehyun’s sleep, it could have just been part of his dream. Maybe it was nothing to worry about if that was the case.
 
After carefully making his way out of the room, Young Jae let out a relieved sigh as he made his way towards the kitchen. Well, as long as Daehyun had a relaxing nap, then it should be alright if he let Daehyun sleep. For now though, since Daehyun was here now, that meant that he could have that hot cocoa and those cookies that his grandmother had prepared over an hour ago. Sure, he’d have to reheat that hot cocoa and the cookies wouldn’t be fresh from the oven, but it would still be enjoyable to have.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Peeking from behind his door, Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he stared at Daehyun’s sleeping figure. It has been yet another hour and yet, Daehyun was still sleeping. Young Jae didn’t want Daehyun to sleep for too long, otherwise he would end up staying up late. It wasn’t exact good for that to occur, especially since they were still in school. Okay, so it’s currently the weekend, but it wasn’t exactly good to mess up one’s sleep schedule. “U-Um… D-Daehyun…?” (YJ)
 
Since his voice was currently low, it had little to no affect on waking Daehyun up. Of course, Young Jae also didn’t exactly know how to wake up Daehyun. This was his first time seeing him sleeping like this and, well, it was just foreign to him. Still, he needed to wake him up one way or another.
 
Making his way over to Daehyun’s side, he took note that Daehyun hadn’t exactly shifted at all from the last time he saw him. If it wasn’t for the fact that Young Jae could see and hear Daehyun breathing, then he probably would have been worried. Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae carefully sat down next to Daehyun before barely poking Daehyun’s arm. “D-… Daehyun…?” (YJ)
 
No response, but what did he expect? With an attempt like that, it would have been faster just to wait for Daehyun to wake up on his own as opposed to trying to wake him. Clearing his throat, Young Jae called out Daehun’s name a little louder while also poking a bit harder. “Dae… hyun…? Wake up now… It’s dinner time…” (YJ)
 
Sadly, it didn’t seem like that was enough either. Letting out a dejected sigh, Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he slouched in his seat. How was he going to wake Daehyun up? It had to be in a good and calm way, otherwise he would only end up feeling bad if Daehyun woke up in a negative way. “GOTCHA!” (DH)
 
Young Jae let out a yelp as he felt a pair of arms wrap around him before pulling him down. He struggled for a brief moment, but once he felt Daehyun’s grip loosen a bit to a more comfortable strength, Young Jae slowly calmed down as his face and ears began to heat up. Now that he was actually paying attention to his surroundings, Young Jae now realized that… he was next to Daehyun, in his arms. “Man, you get scared so easily!” (DH)
 
Daehyun laughed a bit as he began to rub one of his the joint of his middle finger against Young Jae’s scalp. Young Jae let out whines here and there, struggling once more as he endured the pain. When Daehyun felt like he had received enough, he ceased his actions as he ruffled Young Jae’s hair a bit. “So, what did you say about dinner time?” (DH)
 
“H-How long have you been awake…?” (YJ) Young Jae waited with his gaze towards the opposite wall, listening to Daehyun’s humming. He could only assume that Daehyun was trying to think at the moment, so he remained quiet in order to not interrupt his thinking process. Of course, the longer they remained in this sort of… embrace, the longer Young Jae felt awkward and embarrassed about the situation. Hopefully, Daehyun would let go soon.
 
“Maybe… five minutes now? Anyway, what did you say about dinner?” (DH)
 
“U-Um… dinner’s ready an-” (YJ)
 
“Why didn’t you say so sooner?! Let’s go!” (DH) Daehyun released Young Jae from his hold before quickly rolling over. Sadly, since Young Jae was still on his arm, he ended up rolling on top of Young Jae and stopping there, causing a very awkward stare to occur between them.
 
Young Jae’s eyes widened, his face reddening immensely as he realized just how close they were. He had a better, more detailed view of Daehyun’s iris’ and his pupils, showing off a dark yet rich brown color. He had practically seen all sorts of life within Daehyun’s eyes before, but with how close they currently were, that amount of life just seemed to be intensified. He could even feel Daehyun’s calm breathing against his skin, despite the fact that it was faint; it was still enough to somehow delicately touch his skin. It felt… weird, but… nice for some reason. “…-loooo? Are you enjoying the view? You’re on my arm.” (DH)
 
“H-Huh? O-Oh…!” (YJ) Young Jae did an awkward shift here and there, pushing himself lower and lower until just his neck was on top of Daehyun’s arm. Sadly, the position he put himself made things much more awkward than before as he now found himself staring at Daehyun’s body. Sure, his school shirt covered it, but that didn’t make things any more awkward than they were. Young Jae could hear a chuckle escape from Daehyun before he finally removed his arm and stepped off of the bed.
 
“Woah there, Young Jae. I’m not ready for such a commitment yet.” (DH) Young Jae quickly sat up and despite his face being completely red, he attempted to explain himself. Sadly, Daehyun had his hands up in a defensive position as he made his way out of the room, leaving Young Jae little to no time to try and clarify things. “You don’t have to say it! Let’s just go eat!” (DH)
 
Once Daehyun was out of the room, Young Jae stared at the exposed doorway before letting out a groan. He let himself fall back onto the bed as he stared up at the ceiling for a few more seconds before pushing himself back up and following after Daehyun. If this was how the next - however long Daehyun was going to be here - was going to be, then Young Jae wasn’t exactly certain he would be able to survive as long as he had hoped.
 
“…-is great! Thanks Grandma Yoo!” (DH) Just as Young Jae stepped into the kitchen, his grandmother let out a quiet chuckle as she merely shook her head. Taking his seat next to Daehyun, Young Jae pulled his bowl of rice closer to him as he took hold of his chopsticks. He had just merely started eating when he noticed just how fast and how much Daehyun was eating. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly, picking up the pace just a bit with his own eating in an attempt to match Daehyun. He wanted to show his grandmother that he appreciated her cooking as well, so he wasn’t about to let Daehyun show off his eating skills.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Why did you eat so much so fast? Even your grandma said that she was surprised by your actions!”(DH) Young Jae merely groaned as he huddled a little closer to the corner on the couch. Since his stomach wasn’t used to him eating so much in a little amount of time, he ended up giving himself an upset stomach. He had taken some medicine for it, but for now, he was going to have to endure it. “Man… Her cooking is delicious though! I haven’t had a dinner like that in ages!” (DH)
 
In ages…? Then, when did he have for dinner last night or the night before? Pushing himself up a bit, he looked up at Daehyun, whom was more focused on his thoughts than anything else. Clearing his throat a bit, Young Jae pushed himself up to a sitting position before using his foot to gently nudge Daehyun to gain his attention. “When did you have a dinner like that then…?” (YJ)
 
“Hm? Oh… uh… Hey! Wanna go shower together? It’s almost bedtime, right? It’ll save time if we shower together.” (DH) Young Jae’s eyes widened and his face reddened once more as he stared at Daehyun. However, instead of being serious about his suggestion, Daehyun burst into laughter upon seeing Young Jae’s reaction. “Kidding! I was kidding! Loosen up!” (DH)
 
Daehyun reached forward and ruffled Young Jae’s hair before getting up to his feet. He stretched a bit before looking back down at Young Jae, whom seemed to still have that embarrassed look on his face. He smiled though, deciding against teasing the other male any further. “Should I shower first or you?” (DH)
 
“U-Um… I-It’s bad to shower right after eating…” (YJ) Daehyun formed an ‘o’ shape with his mouth before slowly sitting back down onto the couch. Humming a bit, Daehyun attempted to think of what to do for the time being before leaning towards Young Jae and setting his elbow on Young Jae’s knee.
 
“Hey… If you don’t mind me asking, what happened to your parents? I mean… I’ve only met your grandmother and she’s the only person you ever talk about.” (DH) Daehyun waited as he watched Young Jae’s expression. Of course, it seemed like Young Jae didn’t mind the question all that much as he merely hummed for a moment.
 
“My dad died in a plane accident when I was a baby and, um… my mom works overseas in France, so that’s why I live with my grandma.” (YJ) Daehyun frowned learning about Young Jae’s status and the second Young Jae noticed this, he quickly raised his hands up in a defensive way as he quickly shook his head. “Don’t worry about it! It’s okay.” (YJ)
 
“But… that’s sad… Do you want a hug?” (DH) Despite Young Jae’s attempts at trying to convince Daehyun that he was alright, Daehyun had taken hold of Young Jae’s wrist before somehow successfully pulling him from his seat. In a matter of seconds, Young Jae soon found himself a deep shade of red as he laid there in Daehyun’s arms. The embrace was tight and comforting, giving off that feeling of strong security. Young Jae… actually liked it and he probably would have continued laying like that, but upon hearing his grandmother’s voice from the kitchen, Young Jae quickly pushed himself away from Daehyun as he quickly resumed his previous position.
 
“W-What was that grandma?!” (YJ)
 
“Would you and Daehyun like a cup of hot cocoa?” (GY) Young Jae carefully turned to look at the kitchen before letting out a relieved sigh when he realized that his grandmother hadn’t seen them hugging. It would have been awkward trying to explain that to his grandmother and clarify that they weren’t any more than just friends.
 
“Um… N-” (YJ)
 
“Yes ma’am! Hot cocoa would be great!” (DH) As Daehyun turned to look back at Young Jae, he could see that Young Jae seemed uncertain about something. Of course, Daehyun merely shrugged it off as he smiled a bit and leaned towards Young Jae. “Want another hug?” (DH)
 
“N-No! I-I… I’m okay, really...!” (YJ) As nice as a hug was, Young Jae just felt too awkward and embarrassed about the whole thing. Even when he hugged his own grandmother, he felt a bit awkward around it. It was just something that he wasn’t used to as a teenager and even if he wanted to get over his awkwardness, it seemed relatively difficult to do.
 
“I guess that’s alright for now.” (DH) Daehyun merely shrugged as he leaned back comfortably in his seat. As Young Jae began to fiddle with his fingers, Daehyun put his hand on Young Jae’s thigh and gave it a squeeze before slapping it. “Hey! Let’s have some dessert.” (DH)
 
“D-Dessert?! B-But I’m still full!” (YJ)
 
“Then you can watch. Come on!” (DH) Daehyun got up to his feet before pulling Young Jae onto his. Young Jae gave a small whine as he reluctantly allowed himself to be pulled towards the kitchen by Daehyun. Young Jae did want to eat a bit of dessert, but his stomach didn’t seem to want to agree with him. He definitely didn’t want to watch Daehyun eating, but… well, since he didn’t really get a chance to deny the hot chocolate that had been offered, he could at least use that to distract himself from the heavenly goodness that desserts were.
 
Entering the kitchen, they were met with the usual sweet scent of baked goods that Young Jae’s grandmother normally baked. It was always nice to be able to walk into a room that almost always smelled like this, which was probably why Young Jae liked going to that bakery so often. He was glad that his grandmother enjoyed the pastries from there, though there may have been a bit of jealousy when his grandmother told him that he should save his money. “Wow! It smells great in here, grandma Yoo! What kind of desserts can we have?” (DH)
 
“Oh dear! You want even more food? Let’s see here… I have baked some cookies and made some crema de fruta if you would like.” (GY) Both Daehyun and Young Jae walked up to the counter before staring at the weird, yet delicious looking concoction. From what they could see, it was a gelatinous sort of creation with some sort of white cream underneath and a bunch of fruit mixed in with the gel. It looked delicious, even to the point of Young Jae wanting to eat some.
 
“Wow… It looks great! Can we get a slice?” (DH)
 
“Only one?” (GY) Daehyun nodded as he smiled and placed an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders.
 
“Young Jae’s full, but I don’t mind letting him have a bite or two.” (DH) Grandma Yoo let out an amused chuckle as she nodded. While Grandma Yoo was preparing their dessert, Daehyun and Young Jae both took a seat at the kitchen table. Daehyun grinned happily as he looked at Young Jae, giving a thumbs up in the process. “I know you want some, admit it.” (DH)
 
“I do…” (YJ) Young Jae had a sheepish smile on his face as he looked down at his folded hands. It was odd that Daehyun knew that he had wanted some and, well, he was grateful that he did. At least he would be able to have a taste of the delectable looking dish before having to go to sleep.
 
“Here you two go.” (GY) Grandma Yoo set a plate with a slice of the crema de fruta in the middle of the table before setting two forks on the edge of the plate carefully. She then also set the two mugs of hot chocolate down by either one of the two before smiling a bit. “Don’t stay up too late now, you two.” (GY)
 
“Yes Grandma.” (DH & YJ) Grandma Yoo looked between the two before walking back over to the counter and setting the tray back in its rightful place. Once the three of them exchanged their good nights, Grandma Yoo retired to her room, leaving the two teens on their own.
 
“Well, let’s dig in!” (DH) Daehyun didn’t hesitate as he soon grabbed hold of one of the forks before piercing the dessert with little to no hesitation. Young Jae followed suit, though he was much more cautious about it. After all, now he was sharing food with Daehyun! It felt really… weird doing this. This was considered an indirect kiss, right…? Or was that only with drinks? Well, it was more comforting to tell himself that it was only through drinks that a person could have an indirect kiss, so… it should be alright for him to eat from the same piece of food that Daehyun was eating from. “It’s pretty good!” (DH)
 
“M-Mhm.” (YJ) Daehyun raised a single brow as he stared at Young Jae. He would have questioned Young Jae, asking why that was the only response he gave, but he decided against it when Young Jae tilted his head out of curiosity. Daehyun already knew that Young Jae was a shy person and the fact that he acted cute was, well, it basically gave Young Jae a free pass.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Hey Young Jae! You getting in or not?” (DH)
 
“H-Hold on…” (YJ) Now that he was comfortably in his pajamas, he could now sleep. Well… he could attempt to sleep. With the fact that he was sleeping next to Daehyun, Young Jae was almost certain that he wouldn’t be able to fall asleep as easily as he normally would.
 
Turning the corner and entering his room, Young Jae had just begun to close the door when his eyes landed on the figure on the bed. His eyes widened, his face reddened, and his ears were practically on fire as he saw the currently shirtless figure in the bed. If it wasn’t for the blanket, Young Jae wasn’t certain if he would be able to keep himself from freaking out if it turned out that Daehyun was more than just… shirtless. “What?” (DH)
 
“Y-Y-Y… You’re shirtless! I-I-I… Um…” (YJ)
 
“What? I can’t sleep with a shirt on. Does it bother you too much?” (DH) Young Jae quickly shut the door behind him before turning to face the door. What should he do? It should be alright since they’re both males. After all, he’s seen shirtless males plenty of times, but… to be sleeping next to one? “I can put a shirt on if you’re really bothered by it.” (DH)
 
“N-N-No…! I-I… I’m alright… You even said that… that you um… can’t sleep with a shirt on…” (YJ) Okay yes, he did want Daehyun to put a shirt on. In fact, he also wanted to make certain that Daehyun was also wearing pants, but he didn’t want to be rude. As long as he had pants on, then he can continue to endure this until he either got used to it or Daehyun moved back in with his parents… assuming he was even living with his parents.
 
“If you’re sure then… come into bed already! Don’t forget the lights.” (DH) Young Jae sheepishly nodded as he quickly shuffled over to his bedside table and the lamp before shuffling back over to the door and flipping the switch to turn the lights off.
 
Daehyun raised a single brow as he watched Young Jae shuffling over to the bed before sliding into bed. The second Young Jae turned his back towards him, Daehyun moved a little closer to Young Jae before closing his eyes. “Hey… I really appreciate you letting me stay here. I thought you would object.” (DH)
 
“… I-It’s um… It’s no problem…” (YJ) Young Jae slowly to his other side before looking up at Daehyun’s face. Even though he already knew that Daehyun was awake, he felt like he could see that sort of peaceful and content look on his face again. Did it make Daehyun happy to be here? “Um… Can I ask you a question?” (YJ)
 
“Fire away.” (DH) Would now be a good time? Sure, they were right next to each other and they were about to go to sleep, but would it be the right time to ask? No. He just… had to go ahead and ask. After all, what was the worst that could happen from him asking Daehyun such a simple question? Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae gathered all of his courage before finally forcing himself to ask.
 
“C-Can I… have your phone number?” (YJ)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
I found this chapter quite cute… x3
Heck, I quite like this fanfic so far. xD
Hopefully everyone else is too. X3
 
Comments are loved >3<…
I love talking with everyone. X3
It’s also nice to know how I am doing with each of these chapters. X3 ]]