Fall Festival

Tell Me You Exist
Index:
 
(DW) – Dongwoo speaking
(YJ) – Young Jae speaking
(DH) – Daehyun speaking
(HC) –Himchan speaking
(BY) – Yongguk speaking
(KR) – Krystal speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
After all of the hard work that each and every class has put forth, it was finally time for the fall festival. The day, which was a Friday, had set aside all classes for that day. The festival was supposed to last all day, from the start of school up until nightfall. This way, it allowed for the students to be able to take shifts and enjoy what the other classes had been able to produce as much as they possibly could. After all, since it was the last day they had before they had to study for final exams, the faculty felt like the students deserved at least this much.
 
In class 2-1, the students were quickly running around, putting together last minute preparations. Young Jae, despite being appointed leader of a handful of students, had Yongguk’s help in order to create the pastries early in the morning. Once that was done, the first group that had been selected to create the pastries had been selected once more to stay in the room to create whatever pastries needed to be restocked. Dongwoo had been selected as the runner; basically someone that had to run back and forth to tell them what was needed. Of course, until pastries began running out, they had to help out at the classroom.
 
“Dongwoo! Stop messing around and put up more cobwebs!” (KR)
 
“Since when have you been this bossy?! You haven’t even said two words to me before Young Jae suggested this dang bakery idea!” (DW) Just as they have during this entire month, Krystal and Dongwoo were back to arguing with one another once more. It wasn’t anything too serious to where they were angry with one another, but it wasn’t anything like a couple. Maybe it was more like a sibling relationship, but either way, they were still arguing as they continued to try and finish setting everything up before they were supposed to open.
 
Yongguk had already created a list of who and when would be able to go around and look at what the other classes had set up. Luckily, Young Jae was with the second group, which would be able to go around in about two hours. Until then, he just needed to help with the seating and replenish the pastries whenever it started running low. It seemed easy to some people, but it involved a lot of moving around. “Is everything ready?” (BY)
 
After about fifteen minutes, Yongguk had inspected everything after each group captain had checked in with him. Once he assumed that everything was complete, Yongguk grinned a bit with pride as he looked at the two groups of two that were currently manning the doors. When he gave a thumbs up, both groups opened up the doors before a person from each group stepped outside to attract students to their classroom.
 
Young Jae was nervous, but he hoped that things would go well.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Throughout the majority of the school grounds, Daehyun had been walking around casually. Whenever food was involved, Daehyun would always stop by and at least sample a few things here and there. No food was safe from this man, that much was obvious, but he did make certain to keep some room in his black hole of a stomach. Why? Well, it was simple! Daehyun wanted to eat as much of Young Jae’s delicious pastries as possible.
 
There was a problem though.
 
If a certain someone were there, then he would have to avoid Young Jae’s classroom as much as possible. He had his reasons for doing so, but he couldn’t exactly say for the time being. So, despite knowing that he wouldn’t have to worry while out in the hallway, Daehyun was attempting to act stealthy while he was in the same hallway as a certain classroom.
 
Of course, this only made him stand out more. Here and there, people were giving him various stares as he crouched down low, pressed against the wall underneath the window, as he tiptoed forward. Did he care about the stares he was receiving? Not really. After all, at least he was having fun with what he was doing. Why should he care if a bunch of people were looking his way?
 
Well, now that he thought about it, if he was acting this way, then there was a higher chance of being caught. Did he want that? Of course not! So, Daehyun quickly stood up straight and adjusted his blazer before clearing his throat. Looking around, Daehyun smiled and slightly bowed his head at those whom were still staring at him, before he began walking normally.
 
Looking around, his eyes landed on his destination.
 
They seemed to be fairly popular, with students leaving and entering the classroom every now and then. He could see a number of students also running back and forth from the classroom with either paper in their hand or a box with what Daehyun assumed were pastries. Daehyun wanted to gain entrance into the classroom, but he didn’t exactly want to enter without knowing whether that certain person was inside or not. “Daehyun?” (YJ)
 
Daehyun instantly stiffened as he came to a complete stop. Why, of all people, did Young Jae have to find him so easily? Hasn’t he ever heard of the saying ‘hiding in plain sight’ before?! He was supposed to be able to blend in well with the crowd! Well, that didn’t matter. What matters is if Young Jae was currently alone or not. If he was, then that makes things perfect! If not, then there was a problem. Turning around, his eyes landed on the slightly confused, curious, and slowly turning happy, Young Jae. Quickly glancing here and there, he noted that only Himchan was currently standing next to him, though Daehyun didn’t really care for him. With a grin, Daehyun took his usual spot next to Young Jae before putting an arm around his shoulders and walking forward. “Young Jae! Great to see ya! How’s your class doing?” (DH)
 
“Hey! Don’t ignore me!” (HC) Daehyun briefly glanced at Himchan, whom was currently following them with an annoyed look on his face. Daehyun didn’t exactly see what the problem was, though. Isn’t this what Himchan had done before? It was only deserving if Daehyun did the same thing to him. Of course, he also wanted to be the bigger person, so it didn’t hurt to toss him a bone or two.
 
“Hello. Anyway, Young Jae!” (DH) Himchan stomped his foot on the ground as he attempted to regain their attention, but Daehyun was completely ignoring him for the time being. Young Jae lowered his head as he looked up at Daehyun. Young Jae didn’t like it whenever Daehyun and Himchan didn’t get along, but there wasn’t really anything he could do about it. All he could do was respond to questions and hope for the best.
 
“U-Um… My class is doing well… I think. They’re super busy, but I have a break right now.” (YJ) Daehyun’s grin only seemed to grow as he pulled Young Jae a little closer before rubbing his shoulder. Now that Daehyun is here, Young Jae felt like now would be the perfect time to hang out with him. Yes, Himchan would be around too, but at least he was already good friends with Himchan.
 
“How long’s your break?” (DH)
 
“Um…” (YJ)
 
HEY! Stop ignoring me!” (HC) Himchan quickened his pace a bit more so that he was now matching their movement speed. Out of annoyance, Himchan pulled Daehyun’s hand roughly off of Young Jae before forcing Young Jae to switch places with him. He wouldn’t have minded the fact that Daehyun had his arm around Young Jae, but the fact that Daehyun had rubbed him the wrong way made things much more complicated.
 
Of course, Daehyun merely shrugged it off as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. It didn’t really phase him all that much. It was like he was dealing with either a possessive boyfriend or an overprotective parent. Either way, he knew just how to deal with someone like that. How? Just let them have their way, but poke at them every now and then. It was that simple. “So. Where shall we go? There are quite a number of stalls outside too.” (DH)
 
“Um… I… I think we should play some games first.” (YJ) Young Jae had seen the stalls outside where the games were and they looked pretty fun to him. Plus, he still hadn’t had a chance to catch a goldfish yet. He had wanted one for a while now, but he didn’t want to go alone.
 
“Well, mister Chan-Chan? Wanna fulfill his wish?” (DH) Himchan shot Daehyun a glare, but of course, Daehyun merely hummed innocently with that usual smile on his face. Letting out a sigh and shaking his head, Himchan scratched the back of his head before nodding a bit.
 
“Yeah yeah yeah… Just don’t call me that again.” (HC)
 
“Okay… Chan-Chan.” (DH) Daehyun chuckled as he felt Himchan’s glare on him once more. Well, at least he would have fun annoying Himchan. Of course, he could also take this time to possibly show off his gaming skills. Although he wasn’t the greatest at video games despite what Young Jae seemed to think, he was definitely great at physical games. Who knows? He might be able to impress Young Jae… not that he needed to or anything.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Come on, Young Jae! You can do it.” (DH) Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows and stuck his tongue out at the corner of his mouth as he focused as much as possible. He had gone through four attempts trying to capture one goldfish and yet, he hasn’t had much luck. Today had been his first time attempting this game, so it wasn’t much surprise that he wasn’t any good at it. Of course, it also didn’t help that the paper scooper he was using was fragile. If he was too fast, then it could potentially break or if he were too slow, the fish would get away.
 
“Go for the bigger one. It’s easier to catch.” (HC)
 
“The little one suits his personality more. It’s cuter.” (DH)
 
“The bigger one is still easier to catch!” (HC)
 
"The bigger one will just rip the scooper!" (DH) While Daehyun and Himchan bickered behind Young Jae, Young Jae’s right eyebrow twitched before he attempted once again. When he had pulled his little scooper back up, a frown showed up on his lips as he stared at the empty bowl, where the fish was supposed to have landed in if he was successful. He was so certain that he had caught at least one fish, but it seemed like that wasn’t the case. While Himchan was shaking his head, Daehyun stood behind Young Jae before he slid his hands down both of Young Jae’s arm and up Young Jae’s hand before taking hold of the scooper. Young Jae stared at Daehyun’s hands for a brief moment before looking up at Daehyun, his eyes widening once he realized what kind of position he was currently in. Daehyun grinned as he took the scooper and bowl out of Young Jae’s hands before stepping around Young Jae and kneeling down by the pool of water.
 
“I’ll catch one for you. That alright?” (DH) Young Jae blinked a few times, but ended up nodding. Moving to the side a bit, Young Jae watched with a bit of anticipation as he bit his bottom lip. Sure, he was embarrassed by the technical hug that Daehyun had given him, but his thoughts had quickly focused in on the possibility of receiving a goldfish. He really wanted a fish and although he wasn’t the one to catch it himself, it was alright if Daehyun caught one for him. He just hoped that Daehyun was successful at his attempt. “Alright… Now… let’s see…” (DH)
 
“Get the big one!” (HC)
 
“If you want a big one, then get it yourself!” (DH) Daehyun shooed Himchan over to the other side of Young Jae before he refocused on the fishes. Despite the fact that Himchan was still trying to tell him which one to get, specifically by pointing and yelling at which fish to get, at least he had Young Jae acting as a sort of wall between them. It allowed him to focus on catching a fish just a little better. How much better though, they were about to see.
 
Looking from one fish to the other, Daehyun tried to find the best one that seemed to suit Young Jae. Okay, so they all looked really similar to one another, but that didn’t mean that there wasn’t one that didn’t stand out. When his eyes honed in on the fish that seemed just right, he carefully lowered both the scooper and the bowl before waiting. He followed the fish, making certain not to make too much movement so that he didn’t end up scaring the fish. When he was certain about his next movement, that’s when he acted.
 
Young Jae’s eyes widened as an ecstatic smile showed up on Young Jae’s face. Not only had Daehyun gotten one fish, but he had managed to get two in one go! Daehyun had a grin on his face as he stood up, handing the bowl and the scooper to the stall vendor before folding his arms and looking at Young Jae. “See? Told ya’ I’d get you a fish.” (DH)
 
“Show off.” (HC) As Young Jae and Himchan also stood up, Daehyun waited as the vendor transferred the goldfish from the bowl to the bag that the fish was usually put into after winning. Once the vendor handed the bag to Daehyun, Daehyun held the bag out to Young Jae.
 
“You better take good care of them!” (DH) Daehyun gave Young Jae’s shoulder a slight squeeze before his eyes landed on one of the stalls behind Young Jae. His eyes seemed to light up as he began walking over there, curiosity taking over for the time being. While Himchan unintentionally followed after Daehyun, Young Jae continued to stand there with a warm smile on his face.
 
These two were his very first pets, so Young Jae definitely wanted to make sure to take good care of them. Daehyun had gone through the trouble to get them both, so Young Jae didn’t want to let that go to waste. Of course… now he had to buy a fish bowl and some nice decorations for the fish so that they didn’t end up feeling bored with just a plain bowl. Fish food was also a priority, so maybe a bowl for their home would be alright for now. For now, though, he just had to make sure that they lived long enough to make it home. That meant that he would have to open the bag every now and then to let air in. Unlike what most people think, fish can actually drown if there isn’t any air in the water. “Young Jae! Hurry up!” (DH)
 
Young Jae turned around to see Daehyun waving for him to come over. With a smile and a nod, Young Jae made certain that the ties on the fish bag had safely looped over his wrist before he made his way over. Looking at the stall that Daehyun had called him over to, his eyes seemed to light up once again as he now noticed that it was a cotton candy stall as opposed to a stall with games. For some reason, Daehyun always found it weird whenever the school had things like this set up, but it was always nice to have. Though… now that he thought about it, he has never had cotton candy before. He knew that it was practically pure sugar, but that’s all he knew about the sweet and fluffy concoction. “Wanna share one with me?” (DH)
 
“Um…” (YJ)
 
“What, you can’t finish one yourself?” (HC) Both males looked at Himchan, whom currently had his own cotton candy in hand. Ignoring Himchan, Daehyun looked back at Young Jae with his usual grin. By this point, Young Jae already knew the reason behind why Daehyun wanted to share with him, but he was alright with it. In a way, it allowed him to try new things and he was rather grateful that Daehyun was showing him all of these new things.
 
“Okay.” (YJ) While Daehyun had a mini victory dance, Young Jae went up to the vendor to purchase the cotton candy. Looking at the three colors that were currently on display, Young Jae pursed his lips as he tried to decide. He doubted that the colors affected the taste of the cotton candy, but the different colors each made it difficult to decide.
 
“The blue one is nice. Get that one.” (DH) Young Jae looked at Daehyun before looking back up at the cotton candy. If Daehyun was certain about that color, then maybe it would be alright to get that one. With a small nod, Young Jae quickly fished out the amount needed for the cotton candy before purchasing it from the vendor.
 
Once it was in hand, Young Jae stared at the delicate and fluffy candy before looking at Daehyun. He seemed to be eyeing the cotton candy with quite a lot of interest, but once Daehyun made eye contact with him, Daehyun smiled. “Go ahead. You have the first piece.” (DH)
 
“Um… I… I’ve never had cotton candy before. How do I eat it?” (YJ)
 
“Just bite it!” (HC) The two looked at Himchan, whom currently had bits of pink cotton candy all around his mouth. It wasn’t exactly a pretty sight and Young Jae was fairly certain that he didn’t want to end up looking like that in the end. Shaking his head, Daehyun reached up and tore a piece of the cotton candy before holding it out to Young Jae.
 
“Just rip off some of it and eat it. Here.” (DH) Young Jae stared at the piece of cotton candy before opening his mouth. He felt Daehyun gently stuff the cotton candy into his mouth and once Young Jae was certain that Daehyun’s hand was away, he closed his mouth and attempted to chew. Instead of chewing on what he had assumed needed to be chewed, the cotton candy practically melted in his mouth. His eyes widened with surprise as he felt around his mouth with his tongue, the taste practically exploding from within. It was definitely very sweet, but it was also very good. “How is it?” (DH)
 
“It’s good!” (YJ) Young Jae didn’t hesitate as he ripped off another piece before eating away. Daehyun smiled as a quiet chuckle escaped. He hadn’t expected Young Jae to get so excited over something like this, but it was a nice reaction. Daehyun ripped off a piece for himself, though he didn’t eat as fast as Young Jae was. He probably should warn Young Jae about eating too much cotton candy too fast, but he just assumed that it would be alright if he ate a fair amount too.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“I don’t feel good…” (YJ)
 
“You shouldn’t have eaten so fast! Don’t worry though. Let’s get something else into your stomach. That should help… I think.” (DH) Well, he wasn’t ever really certain when it came to health related problems. He wasn’t a doctor, a physicist, or anything of the sort. He could only assume that if Young Jae had something nice to eat, like maybe some soup, a burger, just something that wasn’t sweet, then it might be able to help with Young Jae’s stomach.
 
“Okay…” (YJ) As they walked, Young Jae held his stomach with his free hand as he held the bag that stored his fish safely in the other hand. He wanted to say that he regretted eating cotton candy, but that would be a lie. Young Jae actually quite liked cotton candy and now that he knew the dangers of eating too much or too quickly, he could at least eat smaller portions of it. For now, though, Young Jae just wanted to deal with his stomachache. If he were like this by the time his break came to an end, then he wouldn’t be able to work that well when the time came.
 
“Looks like we lost Himchan.” (DH) Looking around for a brief moment, Young Jae could see that Daehyun was right. Where ha Himchan gone off to? Had he gotten lost? Well… it didn’t matter too much. Himchan’s a student here, so Young Jae didn’t have to worry about Himchan getting lost here. Plus, he just wanted to deal with his stomachache first. “Hey… do you want to try eating something to see if that’ll help or… do you want to go to the school nurse?” (DH)
 
Both options seemed rather tantalizing, but which one seemed to be a better option? He could just go straight to the school nurse, but then there was the possibility that he might had to stay in the nurse’s office until the end of the festival. He could always try eating something to see if that would help with his stomachache, but there was the possibility of throwing it back up and that would mean not only a waste of food, but a mandatory trip to the nurse’s office. Either way, it seemed like his best option would be to go to the nurse’s office, but…
 
“I… I wanna eat something first.” (YJ)
 
“Alright. I heard they’re giving out free food in the cafeteria today. Let’s head there.” (DH) With a nod, the two changed directions before heading to their new destination. Young Jae really hoped that Daehyun’s idea worked. If not, well… at least they gave it a shot.
 
Entering the cafeteria, they looked around to see that it was fairly populated. Most of the students were elsewhere, spending their festival tickets on games and such in order to win more tickets. In fact, it was almost like an arcade that gives out prizes depending on the amount of tickets one has. The tickets are used as a currency and are generally free to the student body. While the booths outside do produce quite an income of tickets, the classrooms have to work hard to obtain these tickets. Usually, the classrooms with the most tickets end up getting a prize of sorts. These prizes were usually revealed at the end of next week, but the mystery of it all was what drove the classes to heavily compete with one another.
 
Walking over to an empty table, Daehyun had Young Jae sit down before examining him a bit. Of course, since it was an internal problem, it’s not like Daehyun would know exactly what to do. All he could see was Young Jae in pain, though at least he seemed to be caring for the fishes well. With a smile, Daehyun gave Young Jae’s shoulders a comforting rub in an attempt to help soothe him. “Okay… You wait here and I’ll go get you some food.” (DH)
 
As Young Jae nodded, Daehyun ran off to one of the lines to get some food. Young Jae watched Daehyun for a moment, a thankful smile on his face before he looked down at his two goldfishes. Leaning in a little bit, he held his smile as he saw the two little fish swimming around. Thinking for a moment, Young Jae took this time to open the bag to allow more air in. Although it isn’t food, at least the two little fish wouldn’t die from suffocation. He did wonder if fish ate bread though. He had seen on television some people that fed fish some bread crumbs, so maybe it would be the okay if he did it too, at least until he got real fish food for them.
 
He waited for about ten, maybe fifteen minutes, before he set his head down after closing the fish bag back up. Young Jae didn’t like having a stomachache and despite the quiet whines he was releasing, he still didn’t regret eating cotton candy. “Hey! Perk up! I got you some great food.” (DH)
 
Raising his head a bit, Young Jae looked at the two trays of food that Daehyun currently held. It was a little weird to see the differences between the two trays. While one tray carried things like burgers and pizza, the other tray carried various foods that had some sort of fruit in them. Basically, it was a heavy meal versus a light feeling one. “Um… Which one’s mine?” (YJ)
 
“This one of course!” (DH) Daehyun set the tray with the healthier foods down onto the table in front of Young Jae. Sitting down next to Young Jae, Daehyun picked up Young Jae’s fork and stabbed one of the fruits before holding it out to Yonug Jae. “Should I feed you or can you do it on your own? I don’t really know how you feel, so…” (DH)
 
“U-Um...” (YJ) Young Jae may currently be embarrassed, but he kind of wanted Daehyun to feed him. Yes, he was already a teenager and very capable of feeding himself at this point, but… he didn’t want to move his hands away from either the fish bag or his stomach. If he had a third arm, he would have fed himself then, but that wasn’t happening any time soon. “Can… you feed me? O-Only if it’s not any trouble!” (YJ)
 
“No problem! You just have to do a favor for me later.” (DH) It was a bit worrisome to think about what kind of favor Daehyun wants, but that thought instantly flew out the window the second he felt something instantly push past his lips and into his mouth. His eyes widened with surprise, but he did feel the fork slide out with little to no resistance. Looking at Daehyun, Daehyun smiled before stabbing another fruit and holding it up. “Well? Go on. Chew! It’s not like these’ll kill you.” (DH)
 
Just as Young Jae had begun chewing, Daehyun went ahead and stuffed another piece of fruit into Young Jae’s mouth. How he was able to get past Young Jae’s defenses, Young Jae didn’t know, but it was a little scary. He just hoped that Daehyun didn’t stuff his face completely; otherwise Young Jae was certain that his stomachache would get worse from eating too much. “Good, yeah?” (DH)
 
As Young Jae nodded, Daehyun gave a quick grin before he started eating his own food. Looking over at Daehyun, Young Jae chewed innocently as he watched him eat. He never did understand why Daehyun always looked so happy when eating. When they were alone and just talking, he sometimes ended up looking bored, but the second food is thrown in, he’s all smiles. It was a little weird and confusing, but Young Jae was okay with it. Daehyun looked over at Young Jae before a question popped up in his head. “Have you ever had your first kiss?” (DH)
 
Young Jae blinked a few times before slowly shaking his head. He wondered what had prompted Daehyun to ask this question, but he was busy chewing. Daehyun only seemed to grin though as he stabbed at another piece of fruit before holding it out for Young Jae. “Don’t worry. I’ll help you get your first kiss soon!” (DH)
 
His eyes instantly widened as Young Jae stopped chewing. With a grin, Daehyun took this as a signal as he quickly shoved the food into Young Jae’s mouth before pulling the fork away. Had it not been for that, Young Jae probably wouldn’t have been able to snap out of it for a bit. Shaking his head a bit, Young Jae cleared his throat before quickly raising his hand to stop Daehyun from continually feeding him at that moment. “W-What do you mean by that?! (YJ)
 
“Don’t worry about it! It’ll all work out in the end.” (DH) Young Jae didn’t necessarily like where this was going, but he remained silent for the time being. If Daehyun was certain that it would end up turning out well, then Young Jae would have to believe him… at least until he was proven wrong. Then he could deny any other ideas that Daehyun had in the future.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
It was nearing the end of the festival and the students were beginning to clean up. They turned away any people that may have wanted entry while also finishing up their catering to those currently still inside of the rooms. Young Jae was beat, sitting there as he finally realized just how sore he was from all of that baking. He was glad that his stomachache had died down enough to let him work comfortably, so he felt like he had accomplished something big as he sat there. It made him feel… proud of himself.
 
Young Jae did wish that he had been able to spend more time with Daehyun though. After his break had ended, Daehyun had walked him back to his classroom, but then he left before they even came within arms reach of the classroom. Young Jae didn’t exactly understand the reasons behind Daehyun’s actions and he probably never will, but he was at least glad that Daehyun had been able to spend his free time with him.
 
All that mattered was that he had fun today.
 
Once everything had been cleaned up, people had begun leaving either in small groups or one by one. Young Jae left earlier than usual, hoping and waiting for the possibility of running into Daehyun again. He had managed to snag a bunch of leftovers, so Young Jae couldn’t wait to see the look on Daehyun’s face when he saw what Young Jae had prepared for him.
 
Just as he made his way over to the staircase, he had quickly spotted someone going upstairs. He looked familiar, but Young Jae wasn’t entirely certain if it was who he thought it was. Still, he wanted to make certain as opposed to just simply ignoring it. It should be alright, right? Though… why would they be going upstairs? There wasn’t really much upstairs except for either the senior classrooms or most of the unused classrooms.
 
With a shrug, Young Jae quickly proceeded upstairs after the person. Looking around, he spotted the person going upstairs once again, making Young Jae wonder what they were doing. Instead of thinking on whether this was a good idea or not, Young Jae allowed his curiosity to take over as he quickly went up the next flight of stairs. He still wasn’t even certain if it was the person he thought it was, but again, his curiosity led him forward. After all, he hadn’t been on the fourth floor before and he was rather interested to see what was there.
 
Stepping onto the fourth floor, Young Jae looked around before seeing the figure go up the last flight of stairs. The only thing left was the rooftop, which made sense. Young Jae had heard that students liked to go up to the rooftop often and maybe it would be alright if he had a small glimpse of it today. Going up the last flight of stairs, Young Jae came to a stop at the door before letting out a sigh. Would it be alright? It was the rooftop after all. That meant that they were very high up and he might not be able to handle it. Yes, he loved the view, but he hated being high up. Still… if this person he was chasing after was whom he thought it was, then it might be alright.
 
Taking hold of the door handle, Young Jae turned it before pushing the door open. Stepping outside, Young Jae was instantly met with a fresh breeze and a scene of the setting sun. At the moment, all he could feel and hear was the wind blowing as he looked out at the rich, warm colors that the setting sun was giving off all across the sky. It gave the city before him a warm touch to it, allowing Young Jae to momentarily forget his fears of heights. “Nice view, huh…” (DH)
 
Young Jae turned a bit to see Daehyun now standing beside him. With a small smile, Young Jae hummed in agreement as he looked out at the sunset. It was weird… wasn’t it? He had seen a sunset on the tallest building in the city with Himchan and yet, he couldn’t bring himself to look out for more than three seconds. However, here he was, looking out at the sunset with Daehyun and yet… he felt so calm, so at peace, so… safe. “So… why’d you follow me?” (DH)
 
“Huh?” (YJ) Young Jae looked at Daehyun, whom slowly turned to him before smiling a bit.
 
“Why’d you follow me? I saw you every time I turned the corner on the stairs.” (DH)
 
“O-Oh… I, um…” (YJ) He couldn’t exactly just say that he had followed him out of curiosity. That would seem like he was nosy, which… he technically was. Of course, he did also want to talk to him anyway. Yes! That was it! Now he remembered why he had followed after him. “I, um… I wanted to give you… these.” (YJ)
 
Young Jae opened up his lunch bag before taking out something that had been tied up in a large cloth of sorts. Quickly closing his lunch bag up, Young Jae held the bag out to Daehyun with an embarrassed look on his face. He couldn’t bring himself to make any eye contact with Daehyun, but he still hoped that Daehyun would like it. “I… I got a lot of leftovers for you…” (YJ)
 
Daehyun looked at the tied up cloth before smiling. Reaching forward, he took the bundle out of Young Jae’s hand before reaching up with his free hand and ruffling Young Jae’s hair. When Young Jae looked up, his face reddened as he saw a warm smile on Daehyun’s face. The way the sun’s rays hit Daehyun’s face made him seem so much warmer, so inviting, and so… vibrant. It was like it was drawing him like a moth to a fire and Young Jae couldn’t help but be drawn in. “Thanks for this, Young Jae. I appreciate it.” (DH)
 
“U-Um… Y-You’re welcome! It… I-I’m glad to do this for you! Um… I hope you enjoy it…” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled a bit as he looked back at the sunset. It was nice and all, but it was also getting late. Daehyun didn’t exactly want to get Young Jae into trouble with his grandmother after all.
 
“You should start heading home. It’s getting late.” (DH) For some reason, Young Jae felt a bit disappointed that he couldn’t stand here just a little longer with Daehyun. However, he was correct. He knew that his grandmother didn’t like it when he stayed out too late, so he really did have to start heading home if he wanted to get there before it was too dark out.
 
“Okay… Um… What about you?” (YJ) Daehyun seemed to be lost in thought, but before Young Jae could attempt to regain his attention, Daehyun began speaking.
 
“I’ll head home soon. You go on ahead.” (DH) Daehyun looked back at Young Jae and smiled a bit as he put a hand on Young Jae’s shoulder. Taking a step closer to Young Jae, Daehyun looked into Young Jae’s eyes as he leaned in a little bit. Daehyun’s movements were captivating, as if just staring into his eyes were enough to keep Young Jae calmly in place. Daehyun had leaned in a little more, but his smile slowly faded as he rethought his actions. He began to pull away before forcing a smile on his face and giving Young Jae’s shoulder a small squeeze. “Go on.” (DH)
 
“O-Okay…” (YJ) Young Jae took a few steps towards the door before looking back at Daehyun. Daehyun was still looking at him with that same smile, shooing him with his hand. After Young Jae gave a small wave, he turned back and began walking back towards the door. Once he was through that door, he leaned against it as he held a hand up to his chest. Now that he was thinking about it…
 
What had that been about?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
I know ;;…
It’s not as lovey dovey as I had hoped it would be…
Buuuut at least they’re starting to get closer…
If they haven’t already… x3
 
And Happy Valentines day >3< !!!
I hope everyone is having a good Valentines day. X3
 
Anywho ~
Now that I have these chapters filled out…
Now I can start posting the chapters I already have typed out. X3
Hopefully things go well >3< ]]