Pastry Heights

Tell Me You Exist
Index:
 
(YJ) – Young Jae speaking
(DH) – Daehyun speaking
(HC) – Himchan speaking
(JU) – Jongup speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
It was weird how things turned out. Less than a day and already Young Jae had cooked food for Daehyun, Daehyun had used one of his spare toothbrushes and now, they were walking to school under the same umbrella. It could be one of those friendships that developed quickly, but Young Jae doubted that. The possibility of that occurring was relatively low and considering their differing personalities, the chances of them becoming close friends in a small amount of time were even lower. Of course, not everything was about numbers.
 
It depended highly on the people. Young Jae wanted more friends and Daehyun was willing to become one of his friends. So, it should have been okay if things turned out this way. There were always so many other reasons behind their growing friendship, but there was no point to questioning it for now.
 
“Hey. Have you ever tried those jawbreaker candies? The ones that take forever to melt in your mouth?” (DH)
 
“Jawbreakers?” (YJ) Young Jae hasn’t heard of anyone talk about jawbreakers since elementary school. From what he recalls now, barely anyone actually ate those nowadays, but that just may be because he’s never had one before. “Um… I haven’t. Why do you ask?” (YJ)
 
“What, you expect to know everything about each other in an instant? I just want’a get to know you is all.” (DH) Daehyun placed an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders before pulling him in closer. Young Jae gasped a bit, his eyes widening as he stared down at Daehyun’s hand before looking back up at Daehyun. His face was red, but luckily, Daehyun wasn't looking his way at the moment. “You know, so far, I like you. You’re pretty quiet, but that’s alright. You’re a good kid and I like that about you. Why else would I be sticking around you?” (DH)
 
Daehyun looked at Young Jae with a grin before reaching up with his free hand and ruffling Young Jae’s hair. If it hadn’t been for the fact that he was holding an umbrella in one hand and his lunch bag in the other, Young Jae probably would have pulled Daehyun's hand away. Luckily, Daehyun had retreated his hand before looking forward once more. “So, what do you like about me if you cooked for me so early?” (DH)
 
Young Jae looked up at Daehyun, whom was more focused on where they were going at the moment as opposed to his answer. Well, it seemed like that was the case anyway. For all he knew, Daehyun could have been pretending to be focused on their intended path. Either way, Young Jae turned his gaze towards the ground as he tried to think.
 
What was it about Daehyun that he actually liked? Since he was put on the spot like this, the reasons that probably would have surfaced just didn’t seem to want to come out. In fact, it was difficult for Young Jae to even come up with a single reason that would have been suitable for Daehyun to accept. Biting his bottom lip, Young Jae tightened the hold on the umbrella as he desperately tried to pull a single reason from the depths of his mind. When Daehyun noticed the look on Young Jae’s face, Daehyun burst into laughter as he ruffled Young Jae’s hair again. “Hey! Don’t get so worked up on it! Just come up with a list and show it to me later, alright?” (DH)
 
“A-A list…?” (YJ)
 
“Yeah! I expect at LEAST ten things on that list! Of course, being handsome and attractive should automatically make it on that list, right?” (DH) Daehyun laughed again as he rubbed Young Jae’s shoulder. Young Jae slowly nodded as he tried to mentally come up with a list. Did he really have to list those traits on the list? Young Jae wasn’t certain if it would be alright for a male to put those traits on a list for another male, but he would keep it on the list for now. “Hey. I know this shortcut that’ll take us to school a lot quicker. Wanna go?” (DH)
 
“Shortcut? Is it really faster…?” (YJ) Daehyun grinned as he nodded, though Young Jae was still looking forward for the time being.
 
“Yeah! Wanna try it?” (DH) Young Jae looked downwards once more as he tried to think. Would it be a good idea to try the shortcut? After all, they were only about six or seven blocks from school. If they kept going at the rate that they were going, then they should make it to school on time. Well… maybe he could give Daehyun a chance to get them to school faster.
 
“O-Okay…” (YJ)
 
“Great! Let’s go!” (DH) Instead of going straight for a few more blocks, Daehyun had them turn at the next corner. Young Jae briefly glanced down the street that they were supposed to go before a bad feeling seemed to kick in. Young Jae hoped that wherever Daehyun was leading them would really end up bringing them to school faster.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Can we make a stop here?” (YJ) Daehyun looked up at the store that he wanted to stop at and instantly, Daehyun’s grin had disappeared. Young Jae looked at Daehyun with a bit of hope on his face, but Daehyun seemed to only stare at the store with what he assumed was sadness. “Daehyun…?” (YJ)
 
“What…? Oh, uh… yeah. I’ll wait out here. You can go inside if you want.” (DH) Young Jae didn’t necessarily understand why Daehyun had gone with this decision, but he merely nodded as he turned to face Daehyun. When Daehyun turned to look at him out of curiosity, Young Jae took hold of Daehyun’s hand before putting the handle into his hand.
 
“I’ll get you something really good. Um… stay dry, okay? I’ll try to be really quick!” (YJ) Daehyun gave a small nod as he smiled a bit. Smiling with excitement, Young Jae quickly looked up at the rain before he quickly ran through the rain in an attempt to stay as dry as possible.
 
Once inside, Young Jae was instantly assaulted with all sorts of scents from the freshly baked goods. Well, there weren’t many goods out on display, but there was enough to catch his attention for the time being. Just as he had begun trying to decide on the things that he wanted, he heard the sound of someone coming from the back before a small gasp escaped their lips. “H-Hello! Um… Welcome to the Jung Bakery! May I help you?”
 
Young Jae’s gaze landed on a teen, probably younger than him, standing behind the counter with an apron on. Thinking about the current time, he should have probably been getting ready for school by now. Did this teen not go to school? “O-Oh…! Um… I was just looking. Um… will you have more options soon?” (YJ)
 
“Um… I have to go check!” Instantly, the teen ran into the back without any other word. Young Jae frowned a bit as he went back to looking through the current options. He had hoped that he could have gotten an answer right away since Daehyun was currently waiting outside, but at least the other teen seemed to hurry in order to retrieve the answer.
 
Picking up one of the trays, Young Jae had just begun to pick up a few things before the teen quickly reemerged from the back. He seemed to be out of breath, but he seemed to be much happier than he was previously. “My mom said that everything will be ready in about ten more minutes! Is that okay?”
 
“Oh… um, I can’t wait too long. I have school, but.. um… is it okay if I come back later?” (YJ) The other teen grinned as he nodded happily. Why was he so excited? Sure, it was exciting to have tasty pastries and all, but Young Jae didn’t understand why he was grinning so much.
 
After a quick sweep of what was currently on display, Young Jae set the tray down onto the counter before he began to pull out his wallet. While he did that, the teen began to count up how much the pastries were before coming to the total. Once he had been told the total, Young Jae handed the money to the teen before he quickly put everything that Young Jae had picked into a plastic bag. He held the bag out to Young Jae as he held a grin. “Come back soon!”
 
“Okay. I’ll be back later.” (YJ) After saying their goodbyes, Young Jae quickly made his way out of the store before stopping for a brief moment. Looking around, he spotted Daehyun standing off to the side, leaning against the wall underneath a roof. With a smile, Young Jae ran up to Daehyun. “I got the pastries! I hope you like them.” (YJ)
 
“Oh? Did you get tasty pastries?” (DH) Daehyun smiled as he watched Young Jae spread open the plastic bag. Leaning forward a bit, Daehyun looked curiously into the bag before smiling. “Great! So did you want to eat it while heading to school?” (DH)
 
“Mhm. We can each have one now and another one during lunch. I think it would be nice, right?” (YJ) Daehyun nodded as he pushed himself off of the wall. Without any warning, Daehyun took one of the pastries from the bag before straightening the umbrella so that it covered them better. Young Jae frowned slightly at the lack of warning, but merely shrugged it off as he pulled one out from the bag as well. “I want to come back to this store after school. Will you come with me?” (YJ)
 
“After school? Hm… I’m kind of busy after school.” (DH) As they begun walking once more, Young Jae looked at Daehun out of curiosity. He did want to know what Daehyun was doing after school, but he didn’t want to pry. But… at least they had these tasty pastries.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Psst…!” (HC) When Himchan didn’t get the response that he wanted, he quickly nudged Young Jae before pretending as if nothing had happened. Young Jae was pulled from listening to their teacher as he attempted to glance over at Himchan. When Himchan was certain that he had Young Jae’s attention, he grinned as he began speaking quietly enough for Young Jae to hear him. “Hey. You have to go with me to that building today! I won’t take no for an answer this time.” (HC)
 
“My grandma already gave me permission, so, um… I can go.” (YJ)
 
“Alright! I’ll get the best shots ever!” (HC) Instead of whispering like he had been doing just mere moments ago, Himchan had accidentally said it at his usual normal level. In that instant, practically everyone was looking their way, including the teacher.
 
“Himchan! Since you feel so confident to interrupt my lesson, why don’t you show the rest of the violins how to do it properly?” Himchan instantly stiffened up as his eyes widened. Sure, he was a fourth chair first violin and Young Jae was a third chair second violin, but that didn’t mean that he was the greatest violinist in class! Himchan quickly shook his head, to which the teacher let out a small sigh. “Then remain quiet and pay attention.”
 
“Yes ma’am…” (HC) There were a number of giggles here and there, but once the teacher tapped their baton on the top of their stand, everyone grew quiet once again. Young Jae still held a smile, though he was curious about what was so great about the building that Himchan wanted to go to. Supposedly, it was the tallest building in the city and it was supposed to have a great view of the entire city since it was directly in the center, but Young Jae wasn’t exactly certain that he wanted to go. Considering his fear of heights, Young Jae didn’t exactly want to go.
 
Still, maybe it would be fun.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“I’m joining you for lunch today!” (HC) Young Jae stared at Himchan with surprise as he somehow managed to come up from out of nowhere. He didn’t understand why Himchan had decided to join him for lunch, considering all of the other people he tended to talk to, but Young Jae didn’t really mind. In fact, Himchan and Daehyun could at least meet and possibly become good friends too.
 
“U-Um… Okay.” (YJ) The two made their way down the hallways, past the various amounts of other students and up the stairs, before making it to the library. Going towards the back where Young Jae normally ate, Young Jae noticed that Daehyun was already sitting there with his lunch laid out in front of him. Had he been waiting for him this entire time? Young Jae smiled the second Daehyun saw him approaching and waved. Once they were close enough, Young Jae began speaking. “You’re here!” (YJ)
 
“Well, yeah. Where else would I be?” (DH) A smile had just begun to form when he noticed the other male that was now next to Young Jae. As Young Jae slid into his usual seat, Daehyun and Himchan stared at one another before Himchan looked down at Young Jae.
 
“Who’s this?” (HC) Young Jae looked up at Himchan before realization kicked in. He hadn’t introduced them yet! How could he have forgotten? With a nervous smile, Young Jae quickly set his lunch bag onto the table before looking from Daehyun, back to Himchan.
 
“Um… Himchan, this is Daehyun. Daehyun, this is Himchan. I met Daehyun yesterday!” (YJ) Himchan slowly slid into the empty set as he eyed Young Jae and Daehyun. Young Jae actually had a friend that wasn’t him?! How was that even remotely possible?! Young Jae was practically a socially inept person! It just seemed near impossible for it to occur this way!
 
“Nice to meet you.” (DH) Daehyun had a bit of a smile on his face as he reached forward and held his hand out for Himchan to shake. Himchan, although doubtful that this was real, decided to believe what his eyes and ears were telling him as he reached forward and shook Daehyun’s hand.
 
“Likewise. So, let’s eat!” (HC) As Young Jae began to unpack his containers, Himchan set his own food onto the table before looking over at Daehyun’s food. As he watched him open the containers, he noticed that the containers looked very familiar, but he couldn’t place a finger on it. When Daehyun noticed this, he cleared his throat, pulling Himchan’s attention from his food.
 
“Why are you staring at my food?” (DH)
 
“I’m not staring at your food. I’m staring at your containers. Where’d you get them?” (HC) Daehyun briefly glanced down at the containers before looking at Young Jae. Since Young Jae only seemed to stare at him innocently, Daehyun smirked as he looked at Himchan once more.
 
“It’s Young Jae’s. He packed me food.” (DH) Himchan’s jaw instantly dropped as he soon stared at Young Jae. Young Jae blinked a few times in confusion, but he soon turned away as his face turned red. He didn’t like the awkward stare that Himchan was giving him, though that may mostly be because of the fact that he didn’t like it when there was any sort of attention on him.
 
“W-Why are you staring at me like that…” (YJ)
 
“You made him FOOD?! You’ve only known him one day and already you made him food! In fact, you STILL haven’t made me anything to eat before!” (HC) Himchan scoffed in disbelief as he leaned back in his seat and poked at his own container of food. Sure, he would either buy food that the cafeteria had to serve or his parents would make him food, but that didn’t mean that he wouldn’t like it every now and then if his BEST friend would make him food! “I’m shocked by this. I thought we were friends.” (HC)
 
“I-I…” (YJ)
 
“Don’t guilt trip him just ‘cause you’re jealous.” (DH) Himchan instantly shot a glare at Daehyun, whom seemed to have a smug look on his face. Was this man trying to lure Young Jae into a trap? Was this man just using Young Jae for his own benefits? “Just because you’re friends doesn’t mean that he has to make food for you. Plus, you seem to be perfectly well on your own over there.” (DH)
 
Daehyun picked up one of the small sausages with his chopsticks before popping it into his mouth and chewing happily. Himchan held an annoyed look on his face as he leaned forward and quickly opened his own containers. Picking up his utensil, Himchan quickly scooped up some of his fried rice before sticking it into his own mouth and chewing. “My food’s way better ANYWAY!” (HC)
 
Young Jae quietly chuckled to himself as he saw the two eating away at their food. They seemed to be having some sort of competition between one another, but from what he could tell, out of the two, Daehyun seemed to be enjoying himself. “How do you… like the food, Daehyun?” (YJ)
 
Daehyun briefly glanced over at Young Jae before completely focusing in on him. With a smile, Daehyun gave a quick thumbs up as he chewed happily. “It’s good! Your cooking continues to impress me.” (DH)
 
Their attention was instantly pulled the second the heard sounds of choking coming from the only other person at the table. They looked at Himchan, whom had a hand up to his chest. Before either one of them could do anything, Himchan seemed to have sorted himself out as he quickly took a long drink of his drink. Once he had his cup back onto the table, Himchan took a few deep breaths before he looked at Young Jae with a surprised look on his face. “What does he MEAN by CONTINUES to impress?! You’ve cooked for him before?!” (HC)
 
Young Jae had an embarrassed smile on his face as he looked away and sheepishly nodded. Himchan’s jaw practically dropped yet again as he continued to stare at Young Jae with disbelief. How could this have happened?! In the time span of one day, Young Jae had somehow cooked for this stranger not once, but at the very least, twice?! That’s two more than Young Jae’s ever cooked for him! “Hey now. Don’t be jealous that he likes me more than you.” (DH)
 
Himchan instantly glared at Daehyun once again before he went back to eating his food. Nope. It didn’t matter to him. Why should it matter to him if Young Jae cooked twice for Daehyun? If anything, then there was a possibility that… Himchan looked at Young Jae more out of suspicion now before looking at Daehyun. Despite the fact that Daehyun seemed completely comfortable around them, Young Jae seemed relatively shy. Of course, that’s how Young Jae was around everyone, but there had to be more to it than that. Either that, or he was overreacting, but that could never happen!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Why the heck are you following us, you creeper?!” (HC) Himchan turned around just enough to glare at Daehyun, whom was following behind with his hands in his pocket while innocently whistling to himself. Daehyun looked at Himchan before turning his head towards him, an innocent smile coming up on his face as he gave a slight shrug.
 
“What makes you think I’m following you? I just happen to have to go the same way that you two are.” (DH) Himchan let out an annoyed huff before turning to face forward. There was just no way that Daehyun just simply had to go the same way that they were heading. He HAD to be following them because he was the jealous one, right? That had to be it.
 
“Um… Can Daehyun come with us?” (YJ) Himchan instantly glared at Young Jae, whom quickly looked away with surprise. Well, he wanted to at least try and see if Daehyun could come along for just a few minutes. It would be nice if they could all become friends, right? There was no harm in trying.
 
As they continued to walk, Himchan’s irritation seemed to only grow the longer that Daehyun stayed behind them. Once they began to pass by a certain bakery, Young Jae paused and looked at it before looking at Himchan. “Can we stop here for a moment? I promised someone that I would come back and buy more pastries.” (YJ)
 
“You did…? Is it the same pastries that you and Daehyun were eating during lunch?” (HC)
 
“Why? Jealous that me and Young Jae shared something together?” (DH) Himchan scoffed as he quickly elbowed Daehyun’s stomach before dragging Young Jae into the bakery. To his satisfaction, Daehyun didn’t follow them into the bakery. With a grin, Himchan released his hold on Young Jae before putting his hands on his hips.
 
“What is with that guy?! Why is he so obsessed with you?” (HC)
 
“Obsessed…?” (YJ)
 
“Welco- You came back!” The employee had emerged from the back once more, though he was holding a tray of freshly baked goods this time. Making his way over to the two, the employee grinned happily as he looked from Himchan, then back to Young Jae. “Are you going to buy more bread?”
 
“Yeah! And, um… My name’s Young Jae and this is Himchan. I think I want to come to this bakery often, so… um… I thought it would be okay to introduce ourselves.” (YJ) Was it awkward to introduce oneself with an employee? He hadn’t exactly done something like that before, so it felt awkward to Young Jae. However, judging by how excited the other male looked, it seemed like he was okay with it.
 
“It’s okay! My name’s Jongup! Does that make us friends now? We’re friends now, right?” (JU) Young Jae blinked in slight confusion before nodding. Jongup nearly threw the tray off to the side to hug his new friend, but rationality quickly kicked in as he carefully set the tray on top of one of the displays before he went about to pulling Jongup into a tight embrace. Young Jae, taken by complete surprise, could only attempt to look at Jongup with wide eyes before looking at Himchan. Sadly, Himchan merely shrugged as he had that confused look on his face as well.
 
Once Jongup pulled away, he took a hold of Young Jae’s wrist as he began to show him around. Despite the fact that Young Jae hadn’t asked for it, it seemed like Jongup was willing to give him a mini tour as well as explain what each and every pastry had inside of them. It was amazing to learn about all of the pastries that Jongup had learned about and at least it was helpful in allowing him to have a better idea as to what pastries he wanted to purchase.
 
After all explanations were said and done with, the three were back where they had started. This time, though, Jongup had put a tray into Young Jae’s hands before picking up the tray that he had been holding earlier. “Okay! Um… You can get whatever you want and just talk to me when you’re done! I’ll even give you a HUUUUGE discount!” (JU)
 
When Jongup went to stocking the shelves, Young Jae and Himchan began walking around, picking out the pastries that they may have wanted. Young Jae made certain to get three of each; one for himself, one for his grandmother, and one for Daehyun. From what he could see, Daehyun had either opted to stay outside yet again or he had gone to wherever he needed to go. He felt bad that Daehyun was left out, so Young Jae wanted to make it up to him. “Why are you getting so much? What, did you turn into a pig the second you met your husband?” (HC)
 
“W-What?! W-What husband…” (YJ) Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows and pouted a bit as he looked down at the neatly stacked pastries on his tray. He didn’t recall ever having a husband of sorts nor did he ever plan of getting one any time soon.
 
“The husband that you call Daehyun! The crazy man that followed us all the way here!” (HC) Young Jae quickly shook his head as he kept his gaze down. Why did Himchan think that him and Daehyun were married? Just because Daehyun followed them all the way here didn’t mean that they were in such a relationship. They were just friends and it was as simple as that. Though…
 
“Wait… what did you mean by pig?!” (YJ) Young Jae looked at Himchan with a slightly annoyed look on his face as Himchan stared at him with surprise. He didn’t necessarily like being called names and being called a pig was definitely one name that he did not enjoy even in the slightest.
 
“N-Now hold on, Young Jae. I didn’t mean it like that! I was just, uh… you know! Playing around and all that, right?” (HC) Young Jae’s eyelids only narrowed before he walked passed Himchan to continue looking through the options. Himchan let out a small sigh before he followed after Young Jae. “Hey now! It was just a joke! Don’t take it so seriously! Hey! Are you really ignoring me? Young Jae? Young Jae?!” (HC)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Are you EVER going to talk to me?! Come oooonnnn! This isn’t fair! You know I can’t live without talking to someone else!” (HC) Himchan was holding onto Young Jae now, his arms wrapped around Young Jae’s shoulders as he allowed the younger teen to drag him along the way. It seemed like they were still heading towards the building that Himchan wanted to go to, but Young Jae still wasn’t saying anything to him. Of course, Young Jae was just having a bit of fun now. He had forgiven Himchan quite a while ago, but it was funny to see him this way, although… he could have lived without having to drag Himchan along. Himchan was relatively heavy and the building he wanted to go to was quite a number of blocks away. It was just a good thing that they had to ride a bus to get here, otherwise Young Jae would not have been able to bring him all the way here.
 
“Let go already! I’m getting tired…” (YJ)
 
“You finally spoke to me! You punk!” (HC) Himchan finally stood firmly on his feet as he reached up and roughly pinched Young Jae’s cheeks. Despite the fact that Young Jae was voicing his obvious pain, Himchan didn’t seem to let up. In fact, he only seemed to make it worse by stretching Young Jae’s cheeks. “Don’t ever do that again! It was so horrible!” (HC)
 
“I will do it again if you keep doing this, now let go!” (YJ) Young Jae pulled Himchan’s hands off of him before throwing them away from himself. He rubbed his cheeks, completely ignoring Himchan’s whines as his eyebrows furrowed. Well, he should have expected this. Karma did tend to get a person back and whenever it did, it seemed to make it much worse than before. “You’re mean…” (YJ)
 
“Aish… Don’t be like that. It was just a joke!” (HC) Himchan quickly quickened his pace as he adjusted the strap on his camera bag. Well, at least Young Jae was talking to him. That’s all that mattered. “I can’t wait to get this shot. It’ll definitely get my name spread everywhere!” (HC)
 
Young Jae remained quiet as the two stepped into the building and made their way over to the elevators. Pressing the button to call the elevator, they waited patiently until the elevator arrived and they stepped on. Pressing the button that would take them to the top most level, the two leaned against the railing as they waited patiently. Of course… even before they begun ascending, Young Jae’s fear of heights began to kick in.
 
Holding onto one of the rails, Young Jae bit his bottom lip and held his breath as he tried to keep his stomach calm and his legs strong. He knew that it was going to be worse once they were outside, so he had to somehow get himself prepared for it now. “Hey! This bread ain’t half bad.” (HC)
 
Looking over at Himchan, Young Jae smiled a bit as he saw Himchan happily eating. Well, at least Himchan is enjoying himself. Maybe if he managed to distract himself, then his fear of heights wouldn’t affect him too much. Pulling up his lunch bag, Young Jae opened it up just enough to pull out one of the pastries that he had purchased before closing his bag once more. Opening up the wrapper for the pastry, Young Jae began to eat it as he closed his eyes and tried to ignore the feeling in the pit of his stomach. Maybe he really was just hungry.
 
After rising through a number of floors, the elevator finally came to a stop before the elevator doors opened. Young Jae still had his eyes shut tightly and one of his hands were still clinging tightly onto the railing behind him, but soon, Himchan grabbed hold of Young Jae’s wrist before pulling him along. “Hurry up, Young Jae! It’s almost time for sunset!” (HC)
 
“I-I don’t wanna go anymore! It’s too high up!” (YJ) Young Jae whined as he finally forced his eyes open. He had a clearly scared look on his face, but it seemed like Himchan didn’t want to listen. Well, he probably was listening, but there was a possibility that Himchan just didn’t care. After all, they shouldn’t really be in any danger… right? They were just merely… there to take pictures.
 
“Don’t worry! Just stay by the wall and just watch! We’ll take a few pictures then we’ll be out of here in no time!” (HC) Young Jae whined as they made their way closer to door that would lead to the rooftop. Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae watched as Himchan had reached forward to push the door open. However, instead of the door swinging open as either one of them had anticipated, the door remained firmly shut. The two stared at the door for a brief moment before Himchan tried to open it yet again. When it was apparent that the door wasn’t going to open, Himchan released Young Jae as he began shaking the door handle. “Why won’t it open?! There’s no way that it’s locked!” (HC)
 
“Maybe it’s not open to the public…” (YJ) While Himchan continued to shake the door handle, Young Jae looked around for a moment before noticing the latch at the top that kept the door sealed. There weren’t any signs that said that the rooftop was off limits, so maybe the latch was there simply to keep kids from entering. Stepping closer to the door, Young Jae reached up and undid the latch, causing Himchan to push open the door and in the process, stumble forward.
 
Somehow, Himchan managed to catch himself before letting out a relieved sigh. Young Jae stepped out onto the rooftop, but quickly pressed himself against the wall as he tried to keep his focus on Himchan. Himchan looked around with a wide smile on his face, looking around the city with glee as he excitedly turned to look at Young Jae. “Look at this view! It’s perfect!” (HC)
 
“O-Okay…! U-Um… C-Can you hurry and take your pictures now… please?” (YJ) Himchan merely rolled his eyes as he turned around and took his camera from out of the camera bag. While Himchan began to take his pictures, Young Jae’s knees quickly grew weak underneath him. Taking in a few quick, deep breaths, Young Jae slid down until he was now sitting on the ground.
 
Taking in another few breaths, Young Jae attempted to calm himself as he looked out at the view. Sure, some of the view was currently obscured since he was sitting, but from what he could see, it seemed pretty enough… if he continued to look past the fact that they were approximately fifty feet above the ground.
 
Gathering up his courage, Young Jae shakily pulled out his phone before pulling up the camera and raising his phone. Taking in a deep breath, he tried to stabilize himself as he aimed the camera at the rest of the city. He took a few photos before looking through and deleting the pictures that were blurred. Oddly enough, he only had one picture that was actually clear, but he was definitely grateful for it. At least this way, he could show Daehyun. Since he wasn’t here to enjoy the view, not that Young Jae had the privilege to do so anyway with his fear of heights in the way.
 
“These shots are great! Why didn’t we come sooner?” (HC) Himchan had a grin on his face as he looked through the pictures on his camera. He really was quite satisfied with the pictures he had taken and he couldn’t wait to get his name out there. Sure, he was still a high school student, but there was just no way that he could ever start out too early as a photographer! “Hey. What are you doing on the ground? I thought you wanted to leave.” (HC)
 
“I already told you I’m scared of heights!” (YJ) Himchan rolled his eyes as he turned his camera off and put it away in his camera bag. Once he helped Himchan up onto his feet, the two made their way back into the building, where Young Jae quickly rushed down the steps until he was safely by the elevators. After catching up to Young Jae, Himchan merely shook his head and sigh as he put his hands on his hips.
 
“It wasn’t THAT bad, Young Jae.” (HC)
 
“It… It was horrible!” (YJ) Young Jae’s face was completely pale, his heart was beating heavily and his breathing was faster paced than usual. Of course, that may have been because he had held his breath earlier, but at least he was fine now. Still, he never wanted to do that ever again. “S-So that’s it, right?” (YJ)
 
“Yep! What, did you expect to go sky diving right after that? Get up! The elevator’s almost here.” (HC) With that, the two got onto the elevator as one of them pressed the button for the ground floor. While Himchan wasn’t paying any attention, Young Jae smiled a bit as he pulled his phone back out to look at the picture he had taken. Now that he thought about it, if he had Daehyun’s phone number, he could have just sent the picture to Daehyun.
 
Maybe… he could ask Daehyun for his number one of these days.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Yay chapter 3 >3<…
I thought it was a little cute. X3
I hope that it was interesting enough to keep everyone’s attention though >.<
 
Anyway, comments are loved!
I love talking with everyone. X3
I also like to see what everyone thinks of the fanfic thus far. X3 ]]