Thrown in Ideas

Tell Me You Exist
Index:
 
(DW) – Dongwoo speaking
(YJ) – Young Jae speaking
(DH) – Daehyun speaking
(BY) – Yongguk speaking
 (KR) – Krystal speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“The fall festival is approaching! What shall our class set up for our booth?” The teacher soon left everything to the class president and vice-president as he allowed his students to talk amongst one another in order to try and decide on what they should do. However, in his little corner up front, Young Jae remained quiet as he looked around with curiosity. He wanted to talk with everyone, he really did, but he couldn’t bring himself to doing so. It felt uncomfortable for him, but he did hope that someone did end up talking to him about it.
 
“Hey Young Jae! What do you think we should do for the booth?” Young Jae turned to see one of the girls standing by his desk with her hands behind her back. He was about to say something, but hesitance kicked in. What should he say? There were ideas that ran through his head, but Young Jae just wasn’t certain if any of these ideas would be good enough to be pitched. Still… he wanted to help somehow. “Young Jae?”
 
“U-Um… M-Maybe, um… a bakery…?” (YJ)
 
“A bakery?” Another girl from behind chirped up, instantly interested in Young Jae’s idea. A few of the other girls made their way over, surrounding Young Jae as their eyes seemed to lighten up a bit. “That’s a great idea, Young Jae! What should we do with the bakery?”
 
“Hey! Why a bakery?! It’d be better to have a haunted house!” (DW)
 
“But everyone does a haunted house!”
 
"But everyone does food too!" As the other students began to cause a sort of commotion, a few of the other girls turned their attention back to Young Jae. They were each talking about how exciting it would be to put up a bakery. Something similar, like a restaurant or a café, had been done before, but a bakery seemed to be much more fun sounding.
 
“It really is a great idea, Young Jae. I’ll put it up for a vote.”
 
“O-Okay…” (YJ) The class vice-president, whom had been speaking, got up before making her way up to the front of the classroom. The class president moved up to the front as well before him and the class-president began talking to one another. Young Jae was a bit nervous, considering the fact that this was the first time that his idea has been up for voting. Then again, this was the first time he’s ever contributed for one of the school festivals.
 
“ALRIGHT! Settle down!” (BY) In that instant, everyone grew quiet as they each looked up at the front of the classroom. The president stood behind the podium, placing his hands on the side edges of the podium. Looking around the classroom with a stern look on his face, the president cleared his throat before leaning back a bit. “We have two different ideas clashing with one another for the fall festival. The first idea is a Haunted House, proposed by Dongwoo and the second idea is a Bakery, proposed by Young Jae.” (BY)
 
All eyes were either on Dongwoo, whom was currently waving his hands around as if he had just won a tournament or something, or on Young Jae, whom was currently slouching in his seat in an attempt to avoid any and all eyes on him. Young Jae had hoped that Yongguk wouldn’t say his name, but he already knew that it was their class’ custom to say the proposed idea and the person whom had proposed it. “We will count the votes at the end of the day, so begin thinking of which idea you prefer to do for the school festival.” (BY)
 
While he had been speaking, the class vice-president had been sitting by the box that they normally used for polls. Since it was sometimes difficult to truly tell what they may have wanted through a simple hand-raised vote, Yongguk had decided that each student write their vote on a piece of paper and stick it into the box to let it be counted later once school was over. It worked often, so they stuck with the idea up ‘til this day. “Are there anymore ideas, or are we sticking with just those two?” (BY)
 
Everyone looked around at one another, but it was evident that no one was going to be pitching any more ideas. With a smirk, Yongguk neatly folded his hands as he straightened his posture a bit. “Alright. It is settled then. The only two options to consider are between the haunted house and the bakery. While I go tell our teacher, you all can take this time to consider your choices.” (BY)
 
Once everyone voiced their agreement, Yongguk left the classroom to go tell their teacher while the vice-president sat by the box to keep a careful eye on it. While everyone went about talking to one another, Young Jae let out a relieved sigh as he no longer felt any eyes on him. It felt good to be out of the spotlight again, allowing him to go start on whatever needed to be done.
 
However, just as he had opened up his desk to retrieve one of the books that he was currently reading, a pair of hands had pressed down and closed his desk back up. Looking up, his eyes widened as he saw Dongwoo standing in front of him with a smirk. “Young Jae! Finally participating with the rest of the class, eh? We could have done a haunted house if you hadn’t said anything.” (DW)
 
“U-Um…” (YJ)
 
“Leave him alone, Dongwoo. A haunted house is overdone anyway! There’s always at least six of them every year!” Dongwoo put up a finger to his mouth, his eyes directed to one of the boys that had spoken up. When the boy was quiet, Dongwoo smirked again as he looked back down at Young Jae.
 
“Alright. If your idea wins, then I’ll do whatever work that needs to be done. If I win, then… you have to be our guinea pig to test the scares. Deal?” (DW) Dongwoo held out his hand to show that he wanted to shake on the deal. Young Jae, however, merely glanced at it before looking up at Dongwoo with uncertainty. He personally didn’t mind doing the work himself, but having to be the tester was something Young Jae didn’t want to do. Unlike Dongwoo, Young Jae was the type whom was easily scared. He really didn’t want to agree to the deal, but he was feeling compelled to shake on it. With everyone else watching, it felt like he was being pressured into it.
 
“Deal!” (KR) One of the girls that had been alongside Young Jae’s idea had popped up from behind and instantly shook Dongwoo’s hand. Dongwoo looked at her out of confusion, but when Young Jae looked up at her, all he could see was confidence on her face. “You better be ready to work your off, Dongwoo.” (KR)
 
“Heh. Krystal? You think his idea will win? We’ll see about that. The tally will be at the end of the day, right vice-president?” (DW) The three of them looked over at the class vice-president, whom looked at them with wide eyes for a brief moment before quickly nodding. Dongwoo smirked once more as he pulled his hand away from hers and began to walk back to his group. Krystal, on the other hand, crouched down by Young Jae’s desk as she set her arms on the table and let her chin rest on her arms. She looked up at Young Jae, a bit of a pout on her face as she furrowed her eyebrows a bit.
 
“Don’t worry about him. He’s all bark, no bite.” (KR)
 
“Yeah! We’ll show him that your idea is better.” Young Jae looked to his right to see that a boy and a girl had appeared to show their support. Young Jae gave a sort of sheepish smile as he sunk a bit in his seat, his hands holding onto the edge of his desk tightly. He wasn’t necessarily certain if this was a good idea, but it seemed like that there was no going back now.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Wow… Will you give me free food if I come?” (DH) Young Jae frowned a bit as he leaned back in his seat. He had hoped that Daehyun would be able to provide him with some sort of way to get out of the agreement, but it seemed like he was already in the mindset that the bakery idea would come through. “Lighten up! It’s not like it’s a bad thing that your idea is being voted on.” (DH)
 
“B-But…” (YJ)
 
“It’s not bad! Cheer up! Think about it. You said that you gained a lot of attention when you proposed the idea, right? That girl, Krystal you said? You could hook up with her!” (DH) Young Jae’s face instantly reddened as he quickly shook his head. It’s not that he wasn’t interested in girls; it was more or less about the fact that he didn’t want to start dating in high school. Okay, so he wanted to start dating already, but for whatever reason, the thought of dating a girl never really crossed his mind… nor did the thought of dating a boy! “So… Will I still get free food if the bakery idea wins?” (DH)
 
“Daehyun…” (YJ)
 
“What?! You can’t blame a guy for trying.” (DH) Daehyun shrugged a bit as he went back to eating the food that Young Jae had prepared for him. He was grateful and quite happy that Young Jae would pack him lunch every morning. Even if he hadn’t asked for it, it was always nice to see food prepared and waiting for him whenever lunch came around. Of course… that doesn’t mean that he couldn’t anticipate a little more free food. “Say… What’s your ideal type anyway?” (DH)
 
“Ideal… type…?” (YJ) What was an ideal type? This was the first time he’s heard the term, but that just may be because the only person that he really talked to was Himchan and Himchan usually either talked about having fun or photography. “Um… What’s that?” (YJ)
 
“You don’t know what an ideal type is? Well… how should I explain it…” (DH) Daehyun hummed rather loudly to himself as he folded his arms. Young Jae was a little worried about what an ideal type was, but it didn’t sound like a bad thing to worry about. “Let’s see… an ideal type is… what you look for in a person. Like looks, personality, etc. Things like that! So, do you have an ideal type?” (DH)
 
Was it really that simple? Biting his bottom lip, Young Jae thought for a brief moment before shaking his head. He doesn’t really think about things like that, so it hadn’t really crossed his mind. Letting out a small sigh, Daehyun merely shrugged as he poked at his food with his chopsticks. “Ah… It doesn’t matter then. Let’s just finish our food! No good to make it wait for us to eat it.” (DH)
 
“Mm…” (YJ) Well, at least he didn’t have to talk about dating anymore. Food was always a good way to change the topic, though as his thoughts went back to the Fall Festival, a thought popped up in his head as he looked at Daehyun. “U-Um… What’s your class doing for the fall festival?” (YJ)
 
At this question, it seemed like it had caught Daehyun off guard as he began choking on his food. It took a few hits to the chest and a drink or two, but once Daehyun was calmed down, he let out a relieved sigh before looking up at Young Jae. “M-My class? Well... um… uh… We’re uh… still deciding! Yeah, that’s it. We’re still trying to pick what we want to do.” (DH)
 
Young Jae nodded, though he was curious as to why Daehyun seemed so surprised by his question. Maybe he was just too focused on his food and any question would have taken him by surprise. Still, maybe it would be nice to visit him at his class instead of waiting until lunch or before and after school. “Can I… come to your classroom during the Fall Festival? I wanna see what your class is going to work on!” (YJ)
 
“I, uh… but I’ll be spending most of my time at your class!” (DH) Young Jae pouted a bit as he slouched in his seat. If that were the case, then it wouldn’t really matter if he ended up going to Daehyun’s classroom. Was that allowed though? At some point, all students were required to assist with festival preparations as well as during the festival itself. Yes, they could take shifts and what not, but Young Jae was fairly certain that Daehyun couldn’t spend the entire time at his classroom. Sooner or later, he was going to have to go back to his classroom to help out and then, Young Jae could sneakily follow Daehyun that way! “Hey. What are you smiling about?” (DH)
 
Young Jae’s eyes widened as he looked up at Daehyun. Had it been obvious that he was thinking about something?! A sort of nervous look came onto Young Jae’s face, to which Daehyun chuckled in response. “Heh… Caught you red-handed! So you WERE thinking about something! Go on, tell me what it was! I’m not letting you go until you tell me!” (DH)
 
“U-Um…” (YJ) Young Jae looked away as he tried to figure out what to say. There had to be something that he could say without giving his true intentions away, right? It may be difficult, but if he could just think well enough, then maybe he would be able to get out of this situation. “W-Well… I, uh... I just remembered that, um… that my grandma has some… some recipes that she can help me with if the bakery idea is chosen!” (YJ)
 
It seemed like this was the thing that he needed to say as Daehyun’s eyes instantly lit up once more as he leaned forward with interest. Luckily, there really were recipes that his grandmother knew, so Young Jae was at least somewhat prepared if Daehyun decided to question him. “Really?! Wow… I’m excited now! I can’t wait until the Fall Festival.” (DH)
 
“Y-Yeah…” (YJ) Young Jae cleared his throat a bit as he awkwardly went back to eating. He decided to just let Daehyun possibly daydream about all the possible pastries that would be prepared for the Fall Festival. At least this way, he could get out of being questioned… hopefully.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Make sure your votes are in before we start counting it.” (BY) After the last lesson of the day had come to an end, Yongguk had taken the place right behind the podium once the teacher had gone off to the teacher’s office. The remaining students that hadn’t voted yet had gotten up from their seats to line up at the table where the class vice-president currently was. Young Jae looked at the box with a bit of nervousness, biting his bottom lip as he prayed that his idea won. It seemed like quite a number of people were up for the bakery idea, but Young Jae knew that Dongwoo had quite a number of friends in the classroom.
 
While the remaining classmates were busy deciding and voting on an idea, the rest of the class was just talking amongst one another. Young Jae probably would have continued to stare at the people over by the table, but a body in front of him quickly drew his attention away. “You okay? You look like you’re about to pass out.” (BY)
 
“I-I’m… I’m okay…” (YJ) Yongguk raised a single brow as he folded his arms. He didn’t buy that, but Yongguk wasn’t going to pry if it wasn’t necessary. With a small shrug, Yongguk went over to talk to whomever he wanted to while the voting process was still going on. When that occurred, Young Jae let out a relieved sigh as he quickly pulled out his sketchbook.
 
Maybe if he began drawing, then it would pull his attention from being so nervous. Yeah, that could help. At least this way, he would be able to possibly finish that drawing that he’s been working on for the past week or so. Opening up his sketchbook, he had just begun to flip through the pages before his ears pricked up from hearing Yongguk’s voice once more. “Voting is over. Everyone, be quiet while we tally your votes.” (BY)
 
When the vice-president brought the box up to the podium, Yongguk opened it up while the vice-president stood by the whiteboard. She had already set up a T-chart with the ideas written at the top of each column and she was ready to put a tally for each vote that was given. When she gave the okay, Yongguk began to open up each and every folded piece of paper, saying out loud which idea had been written down within each paper.
 
While Dongwoo had a sort of confident look on his face, Young Jae had a nervous one. Yongguk briefly glanced at the two, shaking his head slightly as he continued reading out loud each vote. In order to give Young Jae some sort of confidence, Krystal reached out to Young Jae before giving his shoulder a comforting squeeze. Since she sat directly behind Young Jae, it was easy for her to lean forward and whisper something without interrupting the class presidents. “Hey, calm down! Everything will turn out great, you’ll see.” (KR)
 
Young Jae merely gave a nod in response as the voting was soon coming to an end. From what everyone can see, the two ideas were neck to neck with one another. Just as Yongguk had reached into the box to obtain one more vote, Yongguk’s eyebrows furrowed a bit as he looked into the box. With a smirk, a brief chuckle escaped his lips as he held the box up and turned it upside down before shaking it a bit. “No more votes. It’s a tie.” (BY)
 
The entire class seemed to stare for a brief moment before quite a number of people all began talking at once. Yongguk looked from one person to another, attempting to try his best to hear what everyone wanted to say. When it was apparent that that wasn’t going to be working any time soon, Yongguk raised a single hand up, instantly silencing everyone. Once he had managed to gather his thoughts, Yongguk set his hand back down as he firmly held the edges of the podium. “Since we have a tie, we have two options. First option, we combine the two ideas and have a haunted bakery. Second option, if the vote is too low for approval, then Dongwoo and Young Jae will play rock-paper-scissors.” (BY)
 
Each of the students seemed to talk amongst themselves for a brief moment before Yongguk silenced everyone once more. Clearing his throat, Yongguk raised his right hand to show that everyone must raise his or her hands first. “How many for the first option?” (BY)
 
Practically everyone raised his or her hands except for a select few. Still, it was much more than was needed to ensure that the first option won. With a smile, Yongguk lowered his hand back down as he grasped onto the edges of the podium once more. “Alright. It seems like we will be doing a haunted bakery for the fall festival. That wraps up things for today. Start coming up with ideas on how we can set up the classroom.” (BY)
 
When everyone voiced their agreements, Yongguk dismissed the class. In an instant, chatter erupted among small groups here and there as everyone either packed their things up or began to make their way out. Young Jae let out a small sigh as he sat up straight. Since there was a tie, then that means that the wager is off… right? “Young Jae!” (DW)
 
Young Jae instantly tensed up as Dongwoo now in front of his table. Leaning forward, he placed his hands on top of Young Jae’s desk, somewhat forcing Young Jae to looked up at Dongwoo, whom was currently grinning. “Since it’s a tie, the deal is off.” (DW)
 
With a grin, Dongwoo held his hand out to Young Jae. Young Jae stared at Dongwoo’s hand for a brief moment before he hesitantly raised his hand and shook Dongwoo’s hand. Once Dongwoo had left, Young Jae let out a relieved sigh as he began to pack up his things. “See? I told you that everything would be alright. Well, see you tomorrow! You better have plenty more good ideas in that head of yours, okay?!” (KR)
 
Krystal reached forward and lightly patted Young Jae’s head before she turned and left with her friends. Young Jae let out a small sigh as he opened his desk and began pulling out the things that he needed. It seemed like he had lucked out with this agreement. At least this way, he wouldn’t have to worry about getting some sort of heart attack while testing out the haunted house. Technically, yes, there were still going to be scares for the haunted bakery, but hopefully it wouldn’t be as strong as it would be at a haunted house.
 
Letting out a relieved sigh, Young Jae closed his desk before taking his bag off of the hook on the side of his desk and packing his things inside of it. Just as he stood up and pushed his chair back in, he paused for a brief moment before looking up to see Yongguk currently erasing the white board. None of the other students were left in the classroom, so it was currently just the two of them there. “Um… M-Mister… class president?” (YJ)
 
“Hm?” (BY) Yongguk briefly glanced over his shoulder and spotted Young Jae before turning back to the white board. Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he walked up to the podium, his hands tightening a bit on the handles of his bag as he looked downwards. He waited patiently for Yongguk to finish erasing the board and to put the eraser down before Yongguk turned to look at Young Jae. “Well? What is it?” (BY)
 
“U-Um… H-Have a… good day…” (YJ) Yongguk smiled as he folded his arms and shifted his weight onto his left leg. Was that all Young Jae had to say? Was that really why he was getting worked up over something?
 
“Have a good day Young Jae and next time, just call me Yongguk.” (BY) Young Jae nodded a bit as he turned and had begun to make it out of the classroom as quickly as possible. Once he was outside of the classroom, Young Jae let out a relieved sigh as he began walking down the hallway. Looking out the window, he felt a lot calmer now that he was out of that incredibly awkward situation. He probably didn’t even have to wait for Yongguk to finish wiping the board clean, but he didn’t exactly want to be rude about it.
 
“Hey, Young Jae!” (BY) Coming to a stop and turning around a bit, he could see Yongguk jogging up to him with his own bag. Once Yongguk had caught up to Young Jae, he smiled a bit as he placed one of his hands on his hip. “Mind if I walk with you to the lockers? I have to ask you a few questions in terms of the bakery. I want to gather up your ideas first before I ask Dongwoo what he had in mind for the haunted house.” (BY)
 
“U-Um… Okay…” (YJ) As the two began walking, Young Jae began to feel awkward around him. It was weird walking with Yongguk like this on a friendly manner. Normally, he walked home on his own or sometimes with Himchan, so this was a weird feeling to him.
 
“So, what did you have in mind for the bakery? Do you have any ideas like the layout, the food we’ll sell, costumes, et cetera?” (BY) Young Jae knew that Yongguk was thorough with his questions, but he wasn’t exactly certain that he could answer any of those questions at the moment.
 
“U-Um… I-I…” (YJ) Young Jae was attempting to sort out his thoughts when his eyes landed on a familiar figure up ahead. When he was certain that it was whom he thought it was, Young Jae smiled a bit as he called out to him. Hopefully, he could hear him. “Daehyun!” (YJ)
 
Daehyun had a sort of grin on his face as he looked their way, but that grin seemed to instantly disappear from his face for whatever reason. Since they were far away still, it was hard to tell what he was looking at, but before Yongguk could look to see where Young Jae was looking at, Daehyun had already gone down the stairs as quickly as possible. Yongguk moved here and there, but a sort of confused look came onto his face as he looked back at Young Jae. “Who are you calling out to?” (BY)
 
“I… I was calling to my friend Daehyun, but… um… he ran away for some reason.” (YJ) Yongguk looked back towards the stairwell, but he merely shrugged as the two began walking once more. Young Jae didn’t understand Daehyun’s reaction, but maybe tomorrow he could ask Daehyun about it. Though… would Daehyun tell him the reason why?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Yay >3<…
Fall Festival is coming up. X3
Which means possible romance scenes between Young Jae and Daehyun >3<
Let’s just hope that I can figure things out well enough to be able to tell it nicely. X3
 
Comments are loved!
I love talking with everyone >3<
I also like to know if I’m writing these chapters well so far. X3
It’s also nice to see if everyone likes the story thus far. xD ]]