Slight Curiosity

Tell Me You Exist
Index:
 
(YJ) – Young Jae speaking
(DH) – Daehyun speaking
(JU) – Jongup speaking
 
(GY) – Grandma Yoo speaking
(MJ) – Mrs. Jung speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
After a few hours had passed, the doctor finally came out. Daehyun, whom was falling asleep, quickly sat up as he nudged Young Jae a bit. Young Jae sat up, his sleepy eyes looking here and there before he felt a nudge again. Looking to his right, Young Jae looked at Daehyun, whom was pointing towards the doctor whom was now standing a few feet away from them. Instantly, Young Jae got to his feet, smoothing out his clothes as he tried to wake himself up more. “D-Doctor…! U-Um… I-Is my… grandma okay?” (YJ)
 
“I have… good news and I have bad news.” Daehyun had gotten to his feet by now and Young Jae took advantage of this by quickly taking hold of Daehyun’s arm and wrapping it tightly with his own. Young Jae really wasn’t certain how he was going to take either news, but he knew that he had to listen to it sooner or later. Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae tightened his hold on Daehyun’s arm before looking back at the doctor.
 
“O-Okay… What’s the news?” (YJ)
 
“Well… The good news is that we caught the just barely on time… so your grandmother made it through. The bad news is… your grandmother may develop problems.” Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he tugged on Daehyun’s arm. The doctor seemed to be slightly confused by his actions, but he seemed to not question it considering the situation.
 
While they walked, the doctor explained everything to Young Jae and Daehyun. He explained that because of the , Grandma Yoo could potentially have problems with her health. He explained the different physical and emotional problems that Grandma Yoo could end up experiencing and he also explained how he could help while she is receiving aid. Young Jae made certain to keep close attention, trying his best to remember everything the doctor was telling him. He was certain that he wasn’t going to be able to remember everything, but he wanted to at least remember the majority of it.
 
Once they came to a stop in front of one of the doors, the doctor said his goodbyes before he ended up leaving the two on their own. Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he turned towards the door. Reaching forward, he was about to grab the door handle, but he paused as a bit of nervousness kicked in. “D-Do you… really think that she’s alright?” (YJ)
 
“She has to be! The doctor said so after all. Just trust in your grandmother… alright?” (DH) Young Jae nodded a bit before he turned his attention back to the door handle. Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae gathered up the courage necessary before he took hold of the door handle and turned it. Once it came to a full stop, Young Jae pushed the door open before slowly sticking his head in. “G-Grandma…? Are you okay…?” (YJ)
 
It took a moment, but when his eyes landed on his grandmother, he let out a disappointed sigh before he stepped into the room. At the moment, his grandmother was sleeping, which was both relieving and disappointing. He had hoped to be able to speak to his grandmother after waiting for what felt like ages, but Young Jae was glad that she was at least getting the rest she so well deserved. “She’s sleeping… What do we do?” (YJ)
 
“We wait, of course! We’ll sit by her side and wait for as long as it takes for her to regain her strength.” (DH) Young Jae nodded as they made their way up to Grandma Yoo’s bedside. Just as Young Jae had looked down at his grandmother’s sleeping face, he heard something beginning to lightly slide along the smooth floor surface. Turning around, his eyes landed on Daehyun, whom was currently dragging a chair over. When he had one chair positioned, Daehyun grinned as he motioned his hands towards the chair. “Sit! Sit!” (DH)
 
Young Jae nodded a bit as he silently mouthed his thanks before sitting in the chair that Daehyun gave him. Once Daehyun had brought his own chair over, Daehyun took hold of Young Jae’s left hand while Young Jae’s other hand held his grandmother’s hand. “Do you… really think that she’s fine…? Will the… be really bad for her…?” (YJ)
 
“She’ll be fine! Don’t be so worried. She made it through, right? We just have to be careful and look after her as much as possible.” (DH) Young Jae nodded as he leaned towards Daehyun before resting his head against Daehyun’s shoulder. Daehyun smiled a bit, reaching up as he lightly caressed the side of Young Jae’s head. “You wanna go back to sleep? I can wake you up again when she wakes up again. How does that sound?” (DH)
 
Would it be alright? Young Jae wasn’t necessarily certain if he wanted to miss seeing his grandmother first wake up, but he decided that maybe it wouldn’t be too bad. Though, he did wonder if Daehyun had managed to get some sleep. Okay, so it wasn’t that late yet, but Young Jae didn’t know how long it would be before his grandmother woke up. “Um… Will you… sleep with me? You’re sleepy too… right? I-I… I don’t want you to be too sleepy.” (YJ)
 
“Well… I guess I am a little sleepy… Okay. I’ll sleep with you.” (DH) Young Jae would have lifted his head, but Daehyun had let his head rest against Young Jae’s. Young Jae was a bit surprised by it, but he just merely smiled before closing his eyes. He was okay with this outcome and he hoped that they woke up before his grandmother did. That way, they could greet her first.
 
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Oh dear… Did I worry you? Don’t worry about your grandma. I won’t die that easily. I want to see my cute grandson’s wedding.” (GY) Young Jae turned a little red as he shifted in his seat. Despite his hopes, his grandmother had ended up waking up before they did. She seemed to be rather excited over something, but Young Jae had ended up talking first.
 
“I-I know…” (YJ)
 
“Oh… my grandson… Show me a nice smile! I want to see your smile.” (GY) Young Jae looked back at his grandmother as an embarrassed smile came onto his face. It may not have been the kind of smile that his grandmother was looking for, but it was at least a smile. Grandma Yoo couldn’t help but let out a delighted chuckle as she weakly tapped the back of Young Jae’s hand. “Oh, my adorable grandson is so adorable! Daehyun, dear. Will you take a picture with my grandson and me? It would just be so lovely to have a picture with two handsome men.” (GY)
 
“Aha! Okay! Young Jae, do you have a camera?” (DH) Young Jae nodded a bit as he got to his feet and began fishing through his pockets. Once his phone was out in the open, Young Jae handed it to Daehyun, whom happily took it into his hands. Looking at the phone, Daehyun stared at it in slight confusion as he randomly slid his fingers here and there along the smooth screen. Daehyun was a bit confused, considering the fact that he has either never dealt with a smart phone or he rarely ever had to, so he seemed to have this amused look on his face as he looked through it. “Wooow… How do I use this?” (DH)
 
“Um… Let me do it.” (YJ) Daehyun had been quite fascinated with the phone, which was the reason why he was fairly reluctant to hand the phone over. However, Young Jae had been able to set up the camera on his phone before he got up and moved closer to his grandmother’s bed. “I have it set up. Go on the other side, Daehyun.” (YJ)
 
“Oh, okay!” (DH) Making his way over to the other side of the bed, both males leaned in close to Grandma Yoo before Young Jae held the phone out in front of them. Since the camera view was facing them, the three of them had quickly checked their looks before the three of them showed their best smiles.
 
“One… Two… Annnd… Three!” (YJ) Young Jae pressed the button at the bottom of the phone, taking two or three pictures before Young Jae quickly pulled up the pictures. Young Jae leaned in a little more towards the other two, showing the screen to the other two better so that they could see the picture as well. Grandma Yoo smiled warmly, looking at how happy they looked as she gave each boy’s arm a soft squeeze.
 
“It’s such a lovely picture! Will you be a dear and frame it? It would be lovely to hang such a lovely picture in the main room.” (GY) Young Jae nodded as he sat up a bit, making certain to choose the best one out of the three. When he finally put his phone away, he smiled a bit before turning to look at his grandmother. “Oh… will you be a dear and get some food?” (GY)
 
“O-Okay. Can Daehyun come with me?” (YJ)
 
“Of course, dear! Get whatever you like. Will you retrieve my card from my purse? Keep it safe, alright? I trust you two while I’m still recovering.” (GY) Young Jae nodded before making his way over to Grandma Yoo’s purse. They hadn’t had the chance to head back home to pack stuff for Grandma Yoo’s stay at the hospital, but Young Jae had planned to do that soon. Going out to buy food would give him the moment needed to accomplish that task.
 
Opening her purse, Young Jae dug around for a brief moment before pulling out the card that his grandmother was asking about. Closing the purse, Young Jae pulled his wallet out and put the card safely away before putting his wallet away. With a smile, Young Jae turned around before jumping backwards while letting out a small yelp. “D-Daehyun!” (YJ)
 
“What? Did I scare you?” (DH) Young Jae let out a relieved sigh as he gave a small nod. Daehyun chuckled a bit as he wrapped his arms around Young Jae’s waist and pulled him in a little too close. Young Jae instantly turned a deep shade of red, his eyes staring down at their connected bodies. His eyes instantly shot over towards his grandmother, whom seemed to currently be adjusting her blanket a bit, so she didn’t notice what they were doing. “What?” (DH)
 
“W-W-We’re too close… Our… our… thingies are touching…” (YJ) Even when Young Jae had been spoken quietly, Daehyun burst into laughter as he loosened his hold on Young Jae, whom took a small step back in order to create some sort of comfortable space between them. Young Jae kept his gaze away from Daehyun as he slowly put his hands on Daehyun’s arms. “U-Um… L-Let’s go...!” (YJ)
 
Young Jae quickly broke out of Daehyun’s hold before taking hold of Daehyun’s wrist and running out of the room. Grandma Yoo quietly chuckled to herself as she settled herself a little better into her blanket, a small smile on her face as she closed her eyes. She had a bit of an idea between the two, but she wasn’t going to say anything for the time being.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Um… What should we get grandma…?” (YJ) They had gone back to the apartment first to pack some things for Grandma Yoo and now they were looking through the hospital’s cafeteria to decide on what to get. Since there were currently so many choices, it was difficult to say whether any of the food that the cafeteria had would actually be tasty or not.
 
“Hm… Well, when Jongup was here, he usually said that the sandwiches were really good.” (DH) Young Jae looked at Daehyun, a bit curious as to when they had gone to the hospital before. When Daehyun looked over to Young Jae, he chuckled a bit as he rubbed the back of his head. “It was after I was admitted into the hospital. I followed him a bit and he ended up getting the sandwich. It was the only thing he ate whenever he came here.” (DH)
 
“Oh… W-Wait… You were admitted here? D-Does that mean that… your body is here too?” (YJ) Daehyun raised a single brow as he looked at Young Jae. Young Jae had a shy look on his face as he quickly looked away, making certain not to make any eye contact with Daehyun as he pretended to examine the food out for display. Daehyun folded his arms, wondering if Young Jae even remembered anything that he told him earlier.
 
“Why are you asking?” (DH)
 
“N-No reason…! I-I was just… um… curious… Oh! L-Look! T-They have… um… bread!” (YJ) Young Jae quickly walked over to the loaves of bread, trying his best to avoid the topic altogether. Daehyun chuckled a bit as he rubbed the back of his head. Sooner or late, Young Jae was going to end up revealing his true intentions, so he would just have to wait patiently.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
They had spent not too much time at the cafeteria, but because of how much they bought, Young Jae still ended up feeling bad about it. Young Jae just hoped that his grandmother would be alright with the food they bought. At least that way, they had spent a nice amount of time buying food that they all wanted. Maybe that way, he would feel a little less guilty about spending so much money. For now though, his curiosity was starting to get the better of him. He had his head downwards, his eyes glancing over at Daehyun every now and then as he fidgeted with the plastic bag. “So… Um… Is your body still… here?” (YJ)
 
“Why? Did you want to see it?” (DH) Daehyun looked at Young Jae, whom quickly looked away. Young Jae gave a small nod, to which Daehyun responded with a small sigh. Young Jae’s face reddened, his grip tightening as his head hung low. “Well… it is, but you remember what I told you… right? About how those who know the truth and has seen my body can’t see me anymore, right?” (DH)
 
“O-Oh… I… I thought it was only people who knew the truth. But then again… I-I guess it wouldn’t make sense since I know the truth now…” (YJ) Looking at Young Jae again, Daehyun noted the disappointed look on Young Jae’s face. Did Young Jae really want to see his body? Daehyun didn’t exactly want Young Jae to see it just yet, but maybe he could do something to help satiate Young Jae’s curiosity.
 
“Well… if you’re really that interested, I can show you the room my body’s in… but don’t go inside, okay? I don’t want you to not see me either…” (DH) Young Jae seemed to instantly brighten up as he looked at Daehyun with excitement. Daehyun shook his head as he chuckled a bit before wrapping an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders. “It’s not that exciting.” (DH)
 
“I know, but it almost is… a little…” (YJ) Okay, so it was very exciting for Young Jae, but he didn’t want to show off too much excitement. He knew that Daehyun didn’t like talking about it, so after he saw the room, then Young Jae wouldn’t ask about it any further. It would show that Daehyun really was telling the truth and that he didn’t have to worry about it anymore.
 
“Well… let’s get going then.” (DH) Young Jae nodded as he continued to walk alongside Daehyun. Up a floor, down a hallway and turning a few corners, the two finally came to a stop in front of one of the many rooms. Young Jae stared at the name that was currently on the display next to the door, surprise and sadness seemingly running through Young Jae as he stood there. “See? That’s my name right there.” (DH)
 
“T-Then… it’s true…” (YJ)
 
“What, you didn’t believe me before? Ah… I’m so heart broken! You told me you would believe whatever I told you.” (DH) Young Jae looked at Daehyun with sad eyes, seeing the grin on Daehyun’s face. “Ah, I’m just kidding! Don’t look like that. It’s not too bad. I mean… I can get away with some things.” (DH)
 
“But you’re-” (YJ)
 
“Young Jae…?” (JU) Both teens turned around to see Jongup standing a small distance away. Down the hallway, Mrs. Jung were currently walking up to them, surprise soon replaced by a smile when she had made eye contact with Young Jae. “What are you doing here?” (JU)
 
“I-I, um…” (YJ) Young Jae looked at Daehyun, whom seemed to currently be staring at Jongup and his parents with a sad look. It took him a moment to remember that none of the other three can currently see Daehyun, so he quickly turned his attention back to Jongup and his parents before giving a small, nervous smile. “I-I was just um… heading to my grandmother’s room.” (YJ)
 
“Your grandma? Is she hurt?” (JU) By now, Mrs. Jung had caught up to the two and overheard what had been said. She had a worried look on her face, but she remained quiet since Jongup had already asked the question that was on her mind. Young Jae gave a small smile as he shook his head a bit.
 
“No… Um… I don’t think she’s hurt. She had a , but… the doctors said that she’ll be okay.” (YJ) Mrs. Jung and Jongup both had a sort of relieved look on their faces as a weight seemed to lift off of their shoulders. Were they really that worried over his grandmother? Young Jae felt rather thankful about this, though he wasn’t certain why.
 
“Oh my… That’s such a relief to hear! We should get her some nice pastries to eat while she recovers. I’ll make sure to send some nice pastries for her to eat soon.” (MJ) Jongup nodded happily as a sort of excited look came onto his face. Young Jae smiled a little, fiddling with the handles of the plastic bag a bit as he tried not to smile too much.
 
“T-Thank you.” (YJ)
 
“Well… We’re about to go see my older brother! Do you wanna see him too?” (JU) Young Jae looked up at Jongup before looking back at the door by them. He did want to go in and see Daehyun, but he also knew that if he did, then he wouldn’t be able to see Daehyun anymore.
 
“Um... This is his room, right?” (YJ)
 
“Oh, yes, it is. How did you know?” (MJ) Young Jae’s eyes widened a bit as he looked at Daehyun. Daehyun merely shrugged, not really knowing how to get Young Jae out of this situation. Young Jae cleared his throat a bit, deciding to say whatever it was that came to his mind.
 
“I-I… guessed.” (YJ) Jongup nodded, thinking that Young Jae’s answer really was a legitimate one. Despite the fact that Mrs. Jung felt like Young Jae had a different answer, she merely smiled as she adjusted her purse a bit. “I-I, um… I have to go to grandma now. I think that she’s been waiting a long time.” (YJ)
 
“Alright, well give your grandma my best wishes. Hope she recovers well.” (MJ)
 
“Yeah! I hope she gets better too!” (JU) Young Jae smiled and bowed his head before he began walking. So, everything has been cleared up. Besides the fact that he hasn’t actually seen Daehyun’s body, he could feel that everything that had been told to him really was the truth. It was just a matter of when Daehyun will wake up and if they’ll still remember one another.
 
“They seem to be doing well.” (DH) Young Jae looked at Daehyun, whom had a small smile on his face. Reaching over a little, Young Jae wrapped his pinky around Daehyun’s before looking forward. Daehyun’s smile grew a bit as he nudged Young Jae a bit with his elbow. “You did well. I thought you would have given in and told them everything.” (DH)
 
“I-I… Hey! I wouldn’t tell your secret like that! I-I’m not that mean…” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled a bit as he slipped his pinky out of Young Jae’s grasp and wrapped his arm around Young Jae’s shoulders. He pulled Young Jae close to him, grinning happily as they walked forward.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Oh dear... Are you two sure that you’ll finish all of it?” (GY) Daehyun nodded happily as he began unwrapping the first sandwich. Young Jae knew that his grandmother would be curious as to why they got so many sandwiches, but he was surprised that all she asked was whether they would be able to finish it or not. Maybe his grandmother just didn’t wanna say anything. “Oh dear… Look at the time. You two have school in the morning. Are you two not going to head home?” (GY)
 
“B-But-” (YJ)
 
“How could we leave a lovely lady all by herself! That would be irresponsible.” (DH) Grandma Yoo laughed a little as she feebly held her sandwich. Young Jae noticed that there wasn’t much grip behind his grandmother’s hands, which worried Young Jae a bit. He would have said something, but he decided against it. Young Jae knew that his grandmother would just avoid the subject or just dismiss it altogether, so there wasn’t any point in asking about it.
 
“Well, it would be very irresponsible not to be ready for school. After you’re done eating, I want both of you to go back home. Do you understand?” (GY) Daehyun and Young Jae both looked at one another, knowing full well the tone of an adult. Yes, she still sounded warm, loving, and inviting, but there was a sense of authority behind her that told them that they wouldn’t really be able to stay at the hospital with her.
 
“Yes ma’am...” (DH & YJ)
 
“Good.” (GY)
 
As they ate, Daehyun sidestepped towards Young Jae little by little. He had his back towards the room, so he was following the wall the entire time. Okay, so Daehyun was all the way by the table and Young Jae was by the bed, but that didn’t mean that he couldn’t sneakily make his way over to Young Jae. Well… it would be sneaky, since Young Jae wasn’t looking his way, but Grandma Yoo had already spotted him. She had a bit of a curious look on her face, but she said nothing.
 
When Daehyun was close enough, he crouched down low, turning around as he looked up at the back of Young Jae’s head. With a grin, Daehyun quietly moved forward, his eyes remaining glued on Young Jae and pausing only when Young Jae moved. Now mere inches away, Daehyun came to a stop before reaching up and attempting to slip his hand into Young Jae’s. This, however, didn’t really work out as he had hoped since the second Young Jae felt something touch his hand; he nearly jumped out of his seat, slapping away Daehun’s hand as wide eyes stared down at Daehyun, whom had jumped away in response. Both males stared at one another for a brief moment before Daehyun began laughing. “D-Daehyun! W-What are you doing?!” (YJ)
 
“Nothing!” (DH) After he had managed to calm down, Daehyun got up to his feet before dusting himself off. Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows a bit and puffed out his cheeks before sitting back in his seat. Daehyun grinned a bit as he crumpled up the wrapper that had once held the sandwich before making his way over to the plastic bag. Grandma Yoo smiled as she lowered the hand that was holding her sandwich, allowing it to rest on her lap as she wiped with her napkin.
 
“You two should head home now. It’s getting late.” (GY)
 
“D-Do we have to…? I don’t want to leave you all alone…” (YJ) Grandma Yoo smiled as she set her napkin down and softly gave her grandson’s hand a light squeeze. Young Jae looked up at his grandmother, whom continued to hold her warm smile. He knew that they had to go and that there wasn’t really anything that either him or Daehyun could say that could get his grandmother to change her mind. “Okay… We’ll go, b-but um… we’ll be back tomorrow to check on you… okay?” (YJ)
 
“That would be lovely. Now, be careful on your way home, alright?” (GY) Young Jae nodded before he got to his feet and looked over at Daehyun. Daehyun had already packed everything up and was now currently holding the plastic bag. After Young Jae had made his way over to Daehyun, both teens made their way over to the door before looking back over at Grandma Yoo.
 
“Bye Grandma.” (YJ)
 
“See you tomorrow!” (DH) Grandma Yoo held her smile as she nodded a bit. Stepping out of the room, they made certain to carefully close the door before they began walking down the hallway. Young Jae continued to glance every now and then back down the hallway, but once Daehyun had noticed this, he wrapped his arm around Young Jae’s shoulders before pulling him in closer. “Hey, don’t worry about her! She’ll be fine. Let’s just focus on getting home safely like she told us to. Do you want her to worry about us?” (DH)
 
“N-No… I… Okay. You’re right.” (YJ)
 
“Hey. So, I’ve been thinking…” (DH) Daehyun cleared his throat a bit as he looked at Young Jae, whom returned his gaze with a curious one. He really loved staring into Young Jae’s eyes and in a way, it just seemed to draw him in even more. Was it strange to be falling for Young Jae more and more just by simple actions like this? “I want a kiss. So we should date more so that I can finally kiss you!” (DH)
 
“A-A what?!” (YJ) Young Jae turned a deep shade of red as he quickly looked away. Daehyun wanted a kiss?! How was he supposed to respond to that?! Young Jae hadn’t even once tho- Okay, that was a lie. Young Jae did want to experience having his first kiss, but he didn’t think that Daehyun would just be so blunt about it! They weren’t even up to the hand holding stage, so they couldn’t exactly start thinking about kissing just yet!
 
“Ah, you’re so cute! It makes me want to kiss you even more! I might just kiss you here and now.” (DH) Daehyun reached up and took hold of Young Jae’s chin before turning his head towards him. Young Jae’s eyes widened, his body stiffening as he saw Daehyun closing the distance between them. Just as he was about an inch or two away, Daehyun paused, a smirk playing along his lips as he turned Young Jae’s head to the side before kissing Young Jae’s cheek. “That wasn’t so bad, now was it?” (DH)
 
“I-I… I don’t know…” (YJ) Young Jae looked away once more, his eyes narrowing a bit as his face continued to remain its deep shade of red. For some reason, he was a little disappointed but oddly happy. Sure, he was embarrassed that Daehyun had kissed him out in public, but he was still happy that he had received a kiss from him in the first place.
 
“Ah… Okay! I get it. I’ll give you more after we have the best date ever.” (DH) Young Jae looked at Daehyun, a bit surprised and a little anxious. Daehyun chuckled a bit as he put his arm once more around Young Jae’s shoulders before they began walking once more.
 
Daehyun had to think of what the best date would be for them to go on. It couldn’t be something redundant, but what was considered redundant in the dating world? He has seen movies and television shows, so that’s all he knew about dating. Maybe those would be redundant? But then… what would be considered fun and exciting to do on a date? It was okay. Daehyun has some time to think to come up with the best date for the both of them.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Not much happened, but it was a nice chapter at least. X3
Well… I think it was a nice chapter.
I’m not certain. xD
 
Comments are loved!
I love talking with everyone. X3
Plus, it’s nice to know how I’m doing with each of these chapters. -/nod- ]]