Revenge

In denial

CHAP 7

Warning: boring chapter :'(

“So you gonna leave it like that? Keep cheating on JackSon like that…. it’s not right JinYoung.”- Jaebum put a hand on his shoulder, a hint of sympathy but judging in his voice.

JinYoung knew it. He already knew what his friends would react when they knew about this, that was why he decided to hide it from them. He didn’t need any lecturing, couldn’t people see he was doing fine by himself.

“It’s not that important like you guys think. I still love Jackson and who knows one day Mark would eventually grow tired of this and we would return friends again.” - he said sadly.

“But do you want that to happen? Do you want Mark to love you back instead then….” - YoungJae asked, nudging on JinYoung’s arm.

“It is simply impossible.” - JinYoung said but he knew better inside he was still holding some hope up. That someday Mark would stop being in denial. That they didn’t have to live a lie anymore.

“Then it’s impossible for us to leave you like this too. It’s just not right JinYoung. Either we gonna make Mark realize he loves you or both of you have to stop this unhealthy relationship.” - YuGyeom said seriously, contrary to his usual childish style.

“I’ll work it out myself okay. Just… just don’t say anything.” - he sighed and lifted up his face just to see Mark walking in. “Mark!!” -JinYoung called, a little bit startled.

All four other boys turn their heads back to see the red hair walking in. Not much to their surprise, Mark took his seat next to JinYoung and naturally put an arm around the black hair’s shoulder.

“Hi guys! Class nearly starts! Let’s get back to our seat.” - he hurriedly said and pulled JinYoung back to seat with him.

It was not like the others had never noticed before but after hearing the whole story, they came to understand more about how Mark still did skinship with JinYoung but refuse to let the black hair did the same. But it was something weirder that led them to stood there-stunning for a while. It was the way Mark beamed with happiness, maybe just as much as JinYoung did when he teased the black hair. Could it be… Mark loves JinYoung as well?

*

“What did you boys talking about when I was away?” - Mark asked, sitting behind JinYoung’s bike and let the black hair rode him home.

The question got JinYoung startled but he knew Mark could not have known, he laughed nervously. “Usual stuffs, teachers, grades,....you.” - he decided to tell half of the truth.

“Me? Hey you weirdo, you didn’t talk bad behind my back did you?” - the red hair hit on his friend’s back, pouted.

“Of course we do! There’s nothing good of you to talk about!” - JinYoung laughed and ducked another hit from behind. He used his strength to push the paddle, riding fast, through the warm wind of a weekday noon. Sunshine sneaked it way on their shoulders, leaves falling like a rain from the tree and both of the boys stayed quiet for a while just to enjoy the beautiful scene.

Mark stared at one single leaf, it flew round and round in the wind, freely, happily. Was his life a leaf as well, he had no complaints on the way he was living now, he had JinYoung by his side, he had all the love he wanted from many students in school. What was there to change? It was perfectly fine.

It somehow was not to JinYoung. Free. He had always thought of freedom whenever he rode home alone, after saying goodbye to Mark if the older rode next to him. Now the thought came to him even more vividly with Mark behind his back. He thought freedom was when he came out and lived truly to his preference already. But it was not. His friends’ words still haunted his mind. How was it called freedom if he was still dating someone but his heart was with someone else. A particular sitting behind him right now.

“JinYoungie” - Mark suddenly said his name. JinYoung shivered.

“Hmmm?” - he blushed more when the red hair’s arms squeezed his waist and Mark laid his head on his back.

“I’m tired.”

“Wait a little. We almost reach your home.” - JinYoung said sweetly, let one of his hands touched Mark’s.

“Can you stay today then….” - Mark asked quietly, as if he didn’t want to let JinYoung know how shameless he was right now to ask that. The boy was embarrassed.

“Call Yumi over to stay with you.” - it supposed to come out as a joke. But Mark immediately let go, shocked. Why did JinYoung suddenly mentioned his girlfriend? It had been a secret rules between them. That Mark never mentioned Jackson and JinYoung never mentioned Yumi or any girlfriends of Mark… The reason was…. well, Mark guess it was because where they are with each other, it is just them being together, no one else. No thinking about their own lovers, for these moments, weren’t they each other’s lover already.

“I see it, you wanna spend more time with Jackson, sorry I took you away from him.” -Mark replied coldly. As a revenge of course. He didn’t know why JinYoung acted up like this, he wasn’t gonna beg the black hair to be with him or anything.

JinYoung felt his heart stopped a little. He should be used to this, and Mark was right, he had a boyfriend that waited for him. Maybe he could distract himself from Mark for a while, to remind himself that the relationship between him and Mark was not real. With Jackson it was.

“I will drop you at your house.” - JinYoung cut off their conversation just like that.

Mark widened his eyes and stared at the boy riding him. What did he did wrong? Why was JinYoung suddenly act like this? It was supposed to be a joke right? Why did he feel like the black hair was angry with him… And why did the thought of JinYoung chatting to Jackson, and who knows what hell they would go even more than that, made Mark annoyed? Because it was homoual? Or because Mark didn’t want to see JinYoung with anyone else.

The silent ride got them back to Mark’s house.

“Bye.” - That was all JinYoung said when Mark got down. The red hair never felt his friend being so cold. Their relationship was so complicated. At one moment they were friends, the next they kissed each other. At one moment they were laughing, the next they turned cold to each other.

“Damn, Nyeong. What was wrong with you?” - Mark cursed and got back into his house before the heat of noon made his condition even worse.

*

“Hi honey <3” - a lovely message greeted JinYoung when he got home. He smiled unknowingly. Loving someone was a joy but being loved was one thing to be treasured. And maybe he should treasured Jackson more.

“Hi, I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too. Can you go on webcam, I want to see your face.” - Jackson suggested and JinYoung paused for a second.

Everytime they went on webcam like this, it would eventually lead to something. He couldn’t blame Jackson though, he was a normal teenager with raging hormones and JinYoung being his lover should do something to please the boyfriend’s needs. But he just kinda had a fight with Mark. The red hair was still over his mind and heart.

“JinYoungie?” - Jackson text more when he didn’t see the black hair answered.

“Okay. Wait a little, I will go change.” - he said and stood up, glancing at his phone when there was simply no sign that Mark called and nagged him to come over.

You silly idiot. Can you just speak up your feelings toward me sometime? Something like you want me to be beside you, need me to be with you… Please don’t let me confuse like this. I didn’t want to put up this delusion all by myself.

He changed himself into a more comfortable T-shirt with only his boxer under. His face lifted up when he saw Jackson on screen. And their conversation went on as Jackson listened to him whining about school work. They would talked sweet flying words with each other and did something more ert than that.

Well, if Mark could kiss and being lovey dovey with his girlfriend, who said JinYoung was innocent. Jackson was there and maybe JinYoung didn’t need Mark. He wasn’t gonna give in easily this time.

*

Mark picked up his phone and put it down for a hundred times. The fever was killing him, and yet he could not sleep because his mind was still full of thoughts of JinYoung. How dare his friend rejected him like that? In the middle of his dilemma, a message came in. He hoped it was JinYoung.

“I hope you will get better, oppa! I will bring breakfast for you tomorrow! Let’s meet okay!? - Yumi :))”

His hope died a little. With emotionless face, he texted back. “Thank you sweety! <3 Looking forward to meet you tomorrow.” See how fake Mark was? How could he even say sweet words without feeling anything? Mark was surprised with himself. He didn’t know whether he had feelings for Yumi or not. It was certainly not the same feelings for JinYoung. He didn’t know whether it was good or bad kind of difference.

He needed no girls now, not even Yumi. When he was alone and no one was there to notice him, all he wanted was a pair of warm arms of JinYoung. It can’t be love. Mark told himself he couldn’t love a guy. Just because JinYoung was something more than a friend. And it stopped at that. Just that. Right?

Mark couldn’t helped himself anymore. He dialled JinYoung’s number which he has long learnt by heart, eagerly waiting the black hair to answer.

And Mark was shocked to hear and panting from the other line. Even before he heard JinYoung said his name.

“Mark… ahhh...uh…. I am busy now.. ahhhh. call you later…Jacks-. ah”

Before he could hear all the sentence, Mark hung up. What the heck just happened…. He barely breathe anymore. And the anger built up inside his body. Did he just hear JinYoung to Jackson… So his friend was really “taking his advice” , and JinYoung and Jackson was really having a chat or something?

Mark wanted to throw up at the thought of that. So gross. He felt every cells of his body boiling up. He disgusted homouality that much? He didn’t even know. He never really encountered a situation like this. And it was his JinYoung!

His?

His JinYoung?

for someone else? Withering on bed for someone else?

Mark gasped and shook the image out of his head. It couldn’t be jealousy right? He never had thought of a romantic relationship with JinYoung like that. Jackson was the black hair’s boyfriend. So the thing they did together was not a crime either.

! Why did JinYoung have to pick up in time like that! Mark didn’t want to know anything about the other’s relationship with Jackson! Moreover, he prefered to pretend that JinYoung had no other boyfriend at all. Just him and JinYoung. So that he could kiss the black hair without having to think of the consequences, nor the complicity of their relationship.

Couldn’t it just stay like that? Why was Mark being possessive all of sudden?

Or did JinYoung do that on purpose to make him angry?

Damn you, JinYoung!

Mark was pulled back to reality when his phone rang, an incoming call from JinYoung.

“Hello, Mark?” - the black hair’s voice was back to normal, somehow scared of what Mark would react.

“Damn you, Park JinYoung! Come to my house immediately!” - Mark commanded, almost yelling through his phone and hung up.

He needed to do that. Who knew what the red hair would say more of he continued. Those words that he wasn’t familiar with. Mark was more of an action type. Action speaks louder than words right?

What he wanted to say, he would do it instead when JinYoung came here. Maybe squeeze the black hair to death with his hugs, maybe drown the black hair to death with his kisses.

Mark wanted JinYoung to be only for him, he wanted to fool himself with a silly fact like that. He was selfish. The red hair didn’t know when he would stop thinking like this. For now, he needed to show JinYoung that he was the one that the black hair should think of, he was much better than Jackson.

A/N: Thank you for all the comments, really appreciate them! Well, I think it's gonna be more fluff next, then yeah, of course we have to do sth with this complicated relationship right? =)