Giving in

In denial

“JinYoung?” - Mark couldn’t speak properly when he saw JinYoung walked into his room.

“Hi…” -JinYoung awkwardly greeted and closed the door behind him. Still he couldn’t walk toward Mark to sit down on the bed. He just stood there, fumbling with his fingers and feet. He had never felt this awkward being with Mark. How had it turned out like this? They’re acting like strangers.. No, JinYoung is acting like a stranger.

“So, why are you here?” - the words may sound harsh but Mark’s voice didn’t seem so at all. Rather nervous and surprised. JinYoung could see the red hair didn’t dare looking him in the eyes.

“I heard that you broke up with Yumi..”- finally JinYoung spoke up. And Mark’s heart clenched at that. So that was how it really was. JinYoung found out he broke up. What did the black hair come here for, laugh at him? At how miserable he was?

“Yeah, I did.” - Mark avoided JinYoung’s stare once again. He felt ashamed. Now that JinYoung was happy with Jackson. And he had lost the game. He lost Yumi. Most importantly, he lost JinYoung. Who he should have realized was the most important to him long time ago.

“Are you okay?” - JinYoung finally took a step forward. And Mark suddenly realized what was going on. JinYoung wasn’t here to laugh at him. The other was here because he worried for Mark. An overwhelming warmth rushed through Mark and he refrained himself from blushing.

“I’m fine. You know I don’t even love Yumi at all.” - I love you. The whole time. But i’m so stupid , being in denial till I lost you. Mark wanted to add but he couldn’t. He ended his answer like that, praying for some miracle for JinYoung to notice the real reason of his breaking up with Yumi.

“Oh… That’s good.” - JinYoung desperately wanted to ask if Mark had broken up with Yumi for him. Had Mark finally accepted that he loves JinYoung now… But he was afraid of the answer. He was afraid of getting “no” as an answer. So maybe it’s best not to ask at all. It’s always JinYoung’s biggest fault. He was too afraid of rejection. And he’d rather stick with ambiguity.

JinYoung shivered and sneezed. He hadn’t felt the cold until now. He snickered at himself. Who would be crazy to walk under heavy snow like he did?

“JinYoung! Did your mom drive you here?”- Mark’s voice was full of concern when he heard the other sneezed. He could see JinYoung’s lips turn pale and his legs were shivering.

JinYoung had a feeling he was gonna be nag by the red hair, still he lowered his head and told the other he went there by foot. Mark immediately stood up, grasped JinYoung’s wrist and pulled him to sit down on his bed. He threw the blanket over JinYoung and the black hair quickly wrapped it tightly around himself.

“Are you crazy JinYoung ah? Do you know how heavy the snow is? Do you want to die?” - Mark scoffed and suddenly realized he had his arms around JinYoung. He quickly removed them and shifted away. JinYoung didn’t notice the small action though. He kept shivering, which made Mark insanely worried. He stared at the other boy, badly wanted to help.

“Uhm… JinYoung ah..”-in the end he couldn’t hold it anymore - “Can I… can I hug you?”

JinYoung eyes popped open at Mark’s words. A wild thought appeared in his mind but he quickly came back to reality and knew that Mark just wanted him to get rid of the coldness.

“Uhm.. sure..” - it was so awkward. JinYoung never thought he would be blabbering when talking with his best friend like this. He remembered few months ago, on this very bed, he snuggled up with Mark easily. How come they turned into strangers like this? Acting like they just knew each other.

But when Mark had his arms around JinYoung again, it felt like they had just rewind an old film. How JinYoung’s body fit perfectly around Mark’s hand. How Mark’s warmth was better than any blanket or heater. JinYoung held his breath at the sudden rush of feelings. It was the same for the red hair. Mark missed being so close with the black hair boy like this. He refrained himself from kissing the hair that right now tickling under his nose. His body went stiff when the intoxicated smell of JinYoung invaded all his sense.

It was JinYoung who broke the awkwardness and snuck up closer to Mark’s chest, seeking for the unending warmth. Mark took it as a permission to squeeze his arms a little tighter over JinYoung’s back. They stayed like this for god knows how long. What both of them knew was that they didn’t want to let go. They were afraid to break this heaven-felt moment, afraid that when they let go, this would be just a dream and they would be acting like strangers again. Mark finally pushing the other away to check at JinYoung’s face. He seemed better, the pinkish color has returned to the full lips, which kept Mark staring at them for quite some time.

JinYoung realized where Mark’s gaze went but he didn’t turn away also. May as well go with the flow. He gripped the hem of the red hair’s shirt and moved his face closer. It felt like eternity. Of how slow JinYoung is moving. Mark was too stunned to react. He just froze there like a statue, eyes automatically closed when JinYoung came within several inches away.

“Mark! JinYoung! Let’s go down and have dinner boys!” - the voice of Mark’s mom broke the moment and both boys quickly let go and kept distance like a meter away from each other.

“Yes Mom!” - Mark shouted back and stood up and went downstair first, leaving JinYoung dumbfounded on the bed. The blush was still obvious on his face. He couldn’t believe he almost kissed Mark. And he was the one who initiated it this time. Why were you acting like this Park JinYoung? You’re the one with a boyfriend here. And he just broke up with his girlfriend! Have some dignity. He shook those thoughts of out his mind, though he admitted he missed the taste of the red hair’s lips so bad.

The whole dinner went by with a silent atmosphere again. Mark’s mom couldn’t think of any reasons why the two best friends didn’t share a word with each other like this. Were they fighting? Usually Mark and JinYoung never fought longer than a day though. She wondered but decided that they had grown up so she couldn’t interfere. She did miss all the gazes and stares they share with each other. Once their eyes meet, they both avoided it and kept their head down as if nothing had happened.

The snow hadn’t stopped but only got worse. JinYoung bit his lips , staring outside the window. He knew for sure he had to stay here for the night. He couldn’t get himself to imagine how suffocated it would feel to be in the same room with Mark when they were like this. Mark stood from afar, helping his mom cleaning the dishes and observed JinYoung as well. The way the black hair bit his own lips turned Mark on so bad. He wanted to do so many things to those pouty lips. If only.

“So… you’re staying..” - Mark approached the black hair slowly from behind..

The low voice sent shivers down JinYoung’s spine. It has been such a long time and he didn’t remember the red hair own such a y voice.

“Yeah…” - he said, shivered a little which has nothing to do with the cold outside.

They got upstairs and prepared to sleep when the heavy snow turned into a snow storm. Winds clashed at windows and gritted through the doors. It looks like they’re gonna stuck in the house for at least another day. Great. JinYoung regretted being so impulsive and ran to Mark’s house this time. He turned around and saw Mark sat at the corner of the bed, sparing a lot of space for JinYoung. The black hair sat down as well, keeping his distance when the light suddenly went out.

“!” - their hands immediately found each other, as to confirm the other was still there.

“Are you okay?”- Mark asked and JinYoung said he was fine. The red hair switched on the flashlights on his phone and went downstair to check if everything was okay.

“Hey… lemme go with you.”- JinYoung insisted. It was scary to be alone in the dark. They walked downstairs carefully since the light was out and the only thing help them find the way is Mark’s small flash light. JinYoung clinged onto Mark’s waist, stepping on every step the red hair took. He felt like a girl , so weak but then he felt contented when Mark was protecting him like this.

Mrs. Tuan was fine as well and it seemed like the problem was from the city’s electricity tower. There was nothing they could do. The boys were back at the bedroom but there was no more distance between them this time. Rather no distance at all.

It happened when they entered the room and Mark tripped on his foot, dragging JinYoung down with him. Now they were lying on the bed with JinYoung on top of Mark, their body crashed together, faces only inches apart, according to the dim light from Mark’s phone.

Even with such little amount of light, JinYoung was still so beautiful to Mark. He blamed himself again for being stupid all this time. He had loved JinYoung for so long but he kept being in denial. All those times he could have JinYoung as his, when the other was still by his side. He could admire the black hair beauty without feeling worried, or nervous or guilty. His eyes traced from JinYoung’s beautiful eyes to his small nose and finally landed on his lips. The other boy could feel the tension as well and unknowingly he his lips out of nervousness.

The action was the breaking point for Mark. He just couldn’t hold back anymore. With one hand around Jinyoung’s waist and the other intertwined with his dark hair, Mark finally put their lips together. He smiled inside when he saw no resistance from JinYoung, not like he would retreat if there’s any though. The kiss started off softly. It was like tasting each other for the first time. Their lips began to remember their soulmate, fitting perfectly together as they moved. Mark titled his head and kissed JinYoung even deeper. His lips touched the other’s lips and kindly asking for entrance. JinYoung hesitated, but it only lasted seconds before he parted his mouth for the red hair. Mark took his time exploring his cavern, kissing him passionately , pouring his soul into the kiss, hoping JinYoung would realize the message beyond his actions.

I love you, JinYoung. Please come back to me.

When oxygen is needed, they regretfully let go. Their eyes still locked together, they breathed out heavily. The pause was cruel. Both waited for any objection from the other, any regret, any rejection. However, there was none. It only took them a few minutes before they went in for another kiss. And another one.. And another one…

_________________________

A/N: I kept my promise this time! Yay me! I hope you guys like this chapter cuz it wasn't in my plan in the first place but I desperately need to write some MarkJin's fluff (they deserve tons and tons of fluffs, I know) and I hope it could be a compensation for all the time I left you guys hanging too! I'm so happy to see a lot of you still remember this fic! Please keep the comments going, they remind me whenever I felt lazy again lol =]]