CHAP 16 *PART 1*

In denial

NEW CHAP FOR THOSE WHO WAITS! STILL TOO SHORT! NOT ENOUGH! I KNOW I KNOW ~ BUT NOT LETTING YOU WAIT ANY LONGER OKAY ^^ WILL POST PART 2 SOON

CHAP 16

“Have you seen Mark lately YoungJae?” - JinYoung asked when he saw the other walked into class.

“He still comes to class regularly, doesn’t he?” - YoungJae replied.

“I know. I mean, do you see him out of class? Do you hang out with him?” - JinYoung knew he started to sound unreasonable. But it was frustrating when he could not communicate at all with Mark. Especially when he still cared a lot about the red hair.

“No, I don’t.” - YoungJae blankly replied again. Gosh, he didn’t know he was very bad at lying.

“YoungJae, don’t lie to me.” - JinYoung squeezed his hands on the other’s shoulder.

“Why do you even care JinYoung?” - YoungJae pushed the black hair’s hands away and went to his own seat.

“What? Now you’re blaming me instead?” - JinYoung forced YoungJae to look directly at him.

The other boy sighed and looked away. He didn’t know what to reply to his friends. Yes, he lied. He had been with Mark lately. But it was not for hanging out. Mark was suffering. YoungJae could see it in the red hair’s eyes. How he was struggling to pass the denial stage himself. How Mark was trying his best to avoid JinYoung and Jackson because the jealousy was eating him inside out. He stood there behind the red hair boy listening to him practicing the break up line with Yumi everyday but still could not blurt it out. YoungJae knew it was not JinYoung’s fault that Mark turned out like this. Well, not entirely and not directly. However, they are both his friends, and how are they both acting stupid pissed YoungJae off.

“JinYoung, if you care about Mark, why don’t you just go talk to him? Why do you come to me instead?”

“I… You know… There is Jackson..” - JinYoung shuttered.

“So what? Does Jackson ban you from talking to your friend now?”

“No, he doesn’t…”

“Or do you still have any feelings for Mark?”

“No, I don’t!” - JinYoung raised his voice more. He seemed like he was about to burst into tears. And that made YoungJae feel guilty.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to push you..”

Then there was pure silence. None of the boys spoke up.

“You know I lied right….”

“I do….”

“But I had no choice… I’m with Jackson… I am not allowed to have any feelings with Mark…” - JinYoung shook his head.

“Have you ever thought of that during this whole time you were having a complicated relationship with him?”

“I did. But Jackson was not here. And Mark was here. And when I was thinking of backing down, he pulled me in again. He lured me with that stupid smile and silly jokes. He…” - JinYoung hid his face between his hands. Why was he being like this again? He told himself thousand times lately that he had to move on from Mark. That Jackson was the better choice. He shouldn’t hold on to someone that does not love him. But the heart did what it wants.

“You know this still counts as cheating to Jackson right?” - YoungJae’s voice was cold and harsh but Jinyoung knew the other was serious when he wanted to.

“I do.. I’m trying to fix this can’t you see? Besides, Mark and I are just friends now.”- JinYoung lied. They were not, are not and will not ever be just friends. Not when the black hair’s heart still ached when he mentioned that name.

“So friends should go ask each other how they are doing right? Great, I’m going.”

“Wait…” - JinYoung pulled his hands back.- “Stop playing YoungJae. I’m serious. I…” - he was choosing the right words to say. “As a friend, I can still be worried about Mark right? Do you know anything?”

“Mark has been suffering…”-YoungJae said after a long moment.

“What…”

“That’s all I can tell you. You will know when you talk to him. It’s you two’s business, not mine. I just don’t want to see any of my friends suffer. But you need to solve this out on your own.”

With that YoungJae left the room. JinYoung sighed, his mind was in a mess. He looked outside the window of the class to find peace as usual. And then he saw a familiar figure, tiredly walking into school. A red hair boy he was just thinking of.