Busted

In denial

Chap 4: Busted

It was still early in the morning, yet Mark was already in class, lying on the table. He felt exhausted yet he couldn’t just take a day off since it was a hectic exam week after all. He wrapped himself in a thick jacket, as someone forced him to wear. He lazily reached out to the bottle of milk that someone had bought him for breakfast. And yet he was in class alone right now, when the sun didn’t even rise fully, waiting for that someone buying food for him because according to that guy, Mark needed to eat to feel better.

“You , JinYoung, why do you leave me alone like this!! I’m so bored right now!” -Mark cursed under his breath, he felt his fever slowly rose again, his eyes were watery and his mouth was dry. He clutched on his jacket tightly as the cold breeze flew pass. He should have taken his medicine by now but he still had not had anything in his tummy.

“Hey! Miss me?” -the black hair boy walked in, smiling brightly at Mark. His hands were full of food, bread and even soup for Mark. The red hair boy couldn’t help but yelped happily.

“What took you so long? I’m starving.” -Mark said as they had their breakfast together. From yesterday, JinYoung couldn’t stay the night like Mark’s requested. He still had so much homework undone. So the punishment was him, waking up so early in the morning, to pick Mark up and gave him a ride to school. Mark was acting like a spoiled kid, but he only had that side for JinYoung, knowing too well the black hair had this mommy instinct to take care of everyone.

“Do you feel better now?” -JinYoung asked. He placed his hands on Mark’s forehead but frowned instantly. “You’re still hot Mark.”

“Yeah, I know. Aren’t I always hot?” -the red hair winked and giggled happily.

“Not funny. Where’s your medicine. Take it quickly before your temperature rises again.” -JinYoung furrowed his eyebrow seriously.

“Okay, okay….. Gezz, Jin, stop being so thick!” -Mark said but took out his medicine and drank it as JinYoung said.

“I should let you die then huh? Weirdo, and you’re the thick one. Isn’t the incident happen yesterday made you think too much you fall sick like this?” - it was the black hair’s turn to tease. And he smiled in victory when Mark just blushed without saying anything.

“Shut up weirdo.” -he hit JinYoung slightly and kept his eyes on the soup, indulged himself in the meal.

The black hair just smiled and they continued their breakfast together. Lots of words were exchanged, lots of laughter as well. They came in so early that Mark was confident no one was at school now besides them two. And that’s why after finishing the soup, he yawned obviously and side-eying the other boy.

“What?” -JinYoung smirked though he already knew what Mark wanted.

“Nothing. I’m sleepy.”- the red hair decided to be a little more specific.

“That’s your fault though. You asked me to pick you up so early in the morning.”

Now Mark was pissed off. How could JinYoung be so thick-headed? Of course he was the one to suggest coming to school this early. But that was his intention. And the other boy still didn’t get it? Mark pouted. Looking at JinYoung’s evil smile, he knew the other wanted him to do it by himself, like….being the first one to make the move.

So finally Mark gave in. He went around to sit next to JinYoung, staring at the black hair as to make a final suggestion. But JinYoung was playing cool this time. Mark cursed inside before slapping the other arms away and placed his head on JinYoung’s lap instead.

It was an amazing feelings, to be exact. JinYoung smiled a little in victory but made no protest to push Mark away.

“Hmm….” - the red hair kept shifting around, not really getting his sleep.

“I thought you were sleepy?” -JinYoung asked. He already focused on some homework while having his friend lying on his thighs.

“I don’t know. I am sick okay. I don’t feel very comfortable.” -Mark whined again.

JinYoung turned his attention to the red hair and leaned closer. - “What are you suggesting now huh?”

“I don’t know. Make me feel comfortable.” Sometimes JinYoung could say he pampered the red hair so much. And this was one of these times. So he put all his work aside, ran his fingers into the smooth red hair and caressed it slowly.

“Feeling better now?” -he asked and Mark just hummed slightly before letting out some silent snores.

The breeze of morning was still blowing. But somehow, JinYoung didn’t feel cold at all. He couldn’t help feeling the red blush creeping to his cheeks when he found himself staring at his best friend. But he didn’t dare to do anything more than that. He knew Mark hated public display of affection. A sleep on his thigh like this may have taken Mark days to accept. The black hair sighed a little but he was used to it. His little secret.

“Hihihi….” - he let out a small giggled as Mark was shifting again and now facing his tummy. Short warmth breathe coming out of the red hair’s mouth made JinYoung jolt up. And he could feel chill on his spine when Mark flung an arm to hug his waist.

“Stay still. How can I sleep if you keep moving like this?” -a rather commanding tone.

“But you keep blowing air in my tummy, I’m tickled.” -JinYoung protested as he intended to put Mark away. - “Wake up already, it’s near school time, people start to come in.”

Mark paused a little. It was like a whirlwind passing through his head, it was like he was fighting with himself. But that happened in mere minutes. The black hair was surprised once again when he was caught between Mark’s arm and his face. The red hair nudged his face into JinYoung’s tummy and constantly blowing air on it.

“Hey Mark, it tickled. Haha… stop…” -JinYoung had no choice but to clutch on Mark’s hair and hugged the other’s head tightly.

“That’s for being the reason behind my fever.” -Mark laughed a little and continued his torture.

What he didn’t know that JinYoung silently hoped there was more than what the red hair meant. He was happy to see Mark’s temperature has fallen when he touched the other boy’s forehead. What he didn’t know that the smile on his lips were making Mark feeling better as well.

As if they could stay like this forever, Mark wished. But wasn’t he the problem? He shivered a little at the thought that his classmates were coming in. At the same time , it feels so good having JinYoung’s lap as his pillow like this. He stayed silent and let his friend do some study. And just when Mark was about to doze off once again, he heard a familiar voice.

“Mark?”

“Oh.. hi Yumi….” -he could hear JinYoung’s voice was shaking a little and the other’s fingers stopped running on his hair.  - “Mark was sleep-....”

“Hello Yumi.” -and Mark sat up almost immediately. And in a second, he didn’t pay any attention to JinYoung anymore.

“Mark oppa, I heard you were sick… are you okay now?” - the girl asked, some awkward feelings in her eyes as he saw Mark was there with only JinYoung.

“I texted her that…” -Mark said before his friend could ask anything. JinYoung just silently nodded and smiled knowingly.

“I will leave you two alone then.” -the black hair said, cleared his notebook and ready to leave.

“Wait.”- Mark said, his hands were fidgeting but he made no effort to hold the black hair back. - “We will go. Stay here and study.”

“Okay.” -and that was all JinYoung could say. He saw Mark took Yumi’s hand, their fingers intertwined and they left. The black hair could hear his best friend’s girlfriend worried about him. He smiled yet again.

*

“What? Mark is sick?” -YuGyeom asked when he and BamBam finally came to class.

“And you agreed to pick him up early and treat him breakfast? Then I want to be sick too.” -YoungJae pouted cutely.

“Stop saying silly things.” JinYoung laughed and hit slightly on the eye smile’s head. “Mark is closer to me so I am willing to do that. No guarantee with you though.” - he joked but that made YoungJae frowned deeper.

“I know you even before he does. We were friends since second grade yet you never pampered me like that.” -JaeBum spoke up as well. Maybe just to tease JinYoung. Maybe he had other reasons.

“Oh common. BamBam, speak for me. I never play favorite between you guys right?” - he turned his stare to the cutest in the group. Yet the answer he got disappointed him.

“They’re right JinYoung. I gotta admit you spend more love for Mark than us.”

“Oh come on! Okay, I promised to take care of you guys the same when you guys are sick okay?” - JinYoung whined and gave up. He pulled out his book again, trying to hide his blushing face. Was he being too obvious?

“Where’s Mark by the way?” - YuGyeom asked and searched around.

“He is with his girlfriend.” -JinYoung replied plainly

“Ooohhhh somebody is jealous!!” -YoungJae again.

“No I’m not! Stop that!”

“Just admit it JinYoung! You have something special with Mark!” - JaeBum decided to spill the beans. And they all gathered around JinYoung’s table, talking in lower voice this time in case someone overheard them.

“What? What are you talking about? You boys are crazy..” -the black hair stood up, put JaeBum held his hands and made him sit down.

“Don’t try to lie to us.”

“I am not.” - and the things started to turn serious. No way, Jinyoung gonna let himself being exposed like this.

“You are always with Mark, taking care of him, worried like crazy whenever something happened to him.” -BamBam was the first to accuse.

“You stared at Mark whenever he walked away, you continuously so that he could wrapped you in his arms and lifted you up though he was just punishing you.” - YoungJae added.

“You desperately want to do skinship with him and a slightly moment he did with you make you beam though you did that to us all the time.” - YuGyeom’s words sent JinYoung shocking. He didn’t even realize he had ever done that. Or to be exact, feel that.

“And don’t deny anymore JinYoung, cause we saw you, kissing Mark’s cheeks this morning when he slept in your lap.” - JaeBum threw a final sentence.

JinYoung froze and he felt like his heart stop beating. ! He has been busted! But who was he to think that he could hide this from his best friends. He felt guilty to them. But damn! He could have been more careful this morning.

A slight kiss will do - JinYoung thought. And he leaned down to planted a kiss on Mark’s cheek. The other shifted a little and the black hair held his breath, worried that he had waken Mark. But luckily the boy continued sleeping, soundly in the comfort of JinYoung’s fingers caressing his hair.

“Okay then…” - the black hair finally gave up. He exhaled sharply and slammed his books on the table. - “Come closer you fools, before anyone hear it.”

The other four boys were shocked when they saw JinYoung finally admitted. They hurriedly came closer but that was not really necessary since the school was really noisy now.

“Okay. You boys got me. But please don’t tell anyone that you know about this. Not even Mark.” - JinYoung sighed and put his face between his hands.

“We know JinYoungie. It hurts to love your bestfriend who is straight right?” -BamBam patted his back slightly.

“But I thought you already have Jackson?” -YuGyeom followed.

“No, you all got it wrong….”

All eyes widened and stared at JinYoung. He finally told them the truth.

A/N: Cliffhanger cuz I'm so mean! lol! *kidding* Please comment and subscribe a lot! Your support is my strength! Thank you!