Goodbye

In denial

It was a beautiful day. The school yard was still peaceful from the early of the morning. Mark sat there playing with his hands. Last night he couldn’t sleep. It is undeniable that he felt nervous. He knew he was about to take an action that changed his life. Despite having thought a lot about it, he just can’t shake the butterflies in his stomach away.

“Morning oppa” - Yumi came , smiling at him and Mark heard his stomach quench from the weight of guilt.

“Morning Yumi.” He smiled awkwardly and shifted aside so she could sit down next to him.

“It’s been a while since you’re the first one to ask for a date.” - she said, a hint of displease.

Mark sighed deeply. Yumi was making it even harder for him. He knew he hasn’t done anything for her in this relationship. The majority of the time he was being overwhelmed with what happened between him and JinYoung. The rest of the time he hung out with her while his mind was still wandering to JinYoung. He regretted that he hadn’t fulfilled what she expected from a boyfriend. He could have stayed and make up for all of that. But Mark had thought over this a thousand times, and his final decision seems the most legit.

“Yumi, I got something to tell you…” -Mark started, taking a deep breath before he could say anything.

“I know.” - Yumi replied.

“I think we… Wait.. you know?” - Mark turned his face to look at the girl.

“Yeah…” - she smiled sadly and stood up. - “I’m not stupid Mark. I can feel that you never pay attention to me, that you have never looked at me. It’s sooner or later that we have to end this. I just didn’t… didn’t know it would be this soon.” - tears starts to fall from her eyes.

Mark just sat there speechless. He wanted desperately to come and hug her, tell her that he was just joking and he loved her. But Mark could no longer lie to himself anymore. The one he loves isn’t Yumi. It’s best to let her go.

“I’m sorry..” - he finally shuttered.

“Can I know who is that?” - Yumi wiped away her tears and asked.

“Who…?”

“The one that you love. The one that you left me for. She must be really beautiful huh? And popular as well since it’s Mark Tuan’s girlfriend we’re talking about.”

Mark was shocked. So Yumi had realized he loved somebody else the whole time. Why did she still date him? For her reputation? That’s just sick… Wait Mark, didn’t you do the same too?

“Is it Suzy the young model of the school? Or Hyeri the that flirts with many boys? Tell me Mark, I would love to know…” - the disgust and hate in her voice is unmistakable. Mark started to fear who he had been dating all the time.

“It’s not them…” - he stated firmly. - “You don’t need to know who. It’s just over between us okay?”

Mark stood up and walked away. He had a strong feeling that Yumi should not know who he loved, especially when it’s JinYoung. It’s not about his reputation now. He didn’t care about that anymore. It’s just something in her voice, the way she said it with threat. Mark didn’t want anything bad to happen with JinYoung.

Watching Mark turning his back and walk away , Yumi swallowed her tears and clenched her fist. Whoever it is, she was going to find out. If she couldn’t gain Mark’s heart, she wanted to see which has the gut to.

*

Snow fell heavily on the street, people were trying as fast as they could to get back home and avoid the cold. Only one boy did the opposite, he took out his bicycle out just to realize the snow has covered the street too thick to travel. He quickly grabbed a thick coat and walked outside, heading towards the place he needed to be.

The bell rang, making the woman cooking in the house startled. Who would come to her house at this hour, when the snow was being cruel like this? She quickly turned off the stove and ran to open the door.

The door opened , revealing the boy standing behind it. He panted heavily, shivering from traveling a long way under the snow. The woman gasped, quickly pulled him inside the house and help him get rid of all the snow on his coat.

“JinYoung, why are you here?” - she asked worriedly.

“Hi auntie, …” -JinYoung still tried to catch his breath - “Is Mark home?”

JinYoung didn’t remember how long since he last came to Mark’s house. It felt like eternity but at the same time just like yesterday. Mark’s home has been his 2nd home. Mark’s mom always treats him kindly like her own son.

“He’s upstair dear.” - she smiled - “You two can talk then come down to have dinner okay?”

“Oh… auntie, you really don’t have to, I will just get back home…”

“In this heavy snow? Don’t be silly JinYoung! Go, go!” - she pushed him upstair and got back to cooking. JinYoung smiled shyly and then took every step carefully upstair.

He had heard what happened at school this morning. Mark and Yumi broke up. He ran here as soon as he heard the news. But why? JinYoung wondered himself. He kept telling himself it must be that he is worried for his friend. He is worried if anything bad happened to Mark that made he broke up with Yumi like that. Though there was a slight feeling in him feeling contented that Mark had broken up. JinYoung shook that idea out of his head. He wasn’t happy. Why was he happy now that Mark is single? No, he had no reason to feel happy.

JinYoung can’t help but feel a little guilty that he had distanced himself from Mark, not like the other didn’t do the same. JinYoung admitted he missed Mark, and this may just be an excuse for him to meet Mark. He wondered if he was the reason Mark and Yumi broke up.. Was Mark being too sad the he didn’t want to be involved in any relationship?

And there is a little , a tiny bitty wishful thought of JinYoung that hopes Mark had come to realization. But if Mark did, what would happen to them next? There’s still Jackson? There’s still many mistakes Mark had made in the past.. Will they just be forgotten easily like that?

___________________________________________________
 
A/N: Hi guys!!! Miss me? 
Oh my god how long had I abandonned this story T.T I'm terribly sorry! But I know words are really useless now... I will make up for you with my action then. In Denial would be completed soon ~ And I will try to udpate at least twice a week or more ~ I won't fail you guys this time again. Promise on my MarkJin's ship!! Hope you guys still there to support me and this story! *who am I kidding, you guys must have all forgotten what this is about* Those who still stay, I'm sending my hugs and kisses to u guys! Leave some comments for me to know you're here! Love u all! See you REAL soon!