Introduction

In denial

Chap 1: Introduction

“Attention, class!” - the class monitor shouted just when the bell rang for the new period beginning. Mark lazily woke up from his nap, slightly lifted his face to see the teacher already walking into class. He rubbed his eyes and stood up. They all bowed to greet the teacher and sat down. The moment Mrs. SunYe turned to write the lesson’s title on the blackboard, Mark collapsed again onto his desk.

B-class, not as good as A but certainly not losing to any other classes. They were expected to both study well and be nice young teenagers. Well, the first verse was right but not the later. Mark was not the only one who didn’t pay attention to class. As soon as he laid his head down and closed his eyes, sleep hardly came cause the noise of people whispering and chitchatting here and there. Luckily, this was not the first time he has done this. He quickly took a book in his light-weight backpack and hovered it above his head, covering the ears so he could get some peaceful sleep.

There is not a single person who ever questioned why he slept all the time in class. If there were one, he would just say he was bored. Whenever the teacher called him up to do math quiz or any other subjects, he would scratch his head and smiled sheepishly. Some teacher would eventually gave up and ignored him, like what Mrs. SunYe did now. Others would yell at him without Mark really showing any sign of feeling guilty. Punish him all they want, make him kneel with chairs over his head, grounded him or whatever. Mark doesn’t give a damn. He would just be sleeping again when the period started, only stood up to greet the teachers then done. All he does in class is sleeping, sleeping and more sleeping.

But don’t ever take that he is a stupid student. On the contrary, he is one of the best in his class. This may sound weird but it’s the true. When it comes to tests, Mark would just spend one night studying for the whole chapter and still got the top scores of the class. Maybe it was because his laziness that he couldn’t get into A-class. Mark doesn’t mind his level either, he has a lot of time now to sleep, ah okay, maybe not just sleep but hang around with his friend so why bother getting into A-class where he would be studying day and night.

As Mark floated deep into his sleep, he missed the giggles and laughters of other classmates, which mainly pointed at him.

“Head-shot! I got 10 points okay?”-the tallest boy sitting behind Mark squealed a little. His name was YuGyeom- a big boy but rather innocent and clumsy.

“You are sitting that close and just head-shot! Look at me dude!” -BamBam, the one sitting next to him, winked playfully and shot out the small piece of paper between his fingers.

“Missed!!! You are just about the talk BamBam!” - YuGyeom said a little too loud, other people around burst into laugh when hearing their arguments. But they all went back to silence, eyes focused on the next player of the game and more likely the expert.

“Move aside losers!” - a soft voice spoke. The black-hair boy flipped his bangs, his eyes narrowed on the target and ready to shoot. The white ball of paper flew in a perfect curve and landed right in Mark’s hoodie, which was one table away from where the paper was shot.

“50 points hummm?” - JinYoung winked with other girls sitting at the next table. They laughed heartily and raised thumbs up.

Park JinYoung, if Mark was known for his rebellious characteristic, JinYoung, his bestfriend was the one who brings laughter for the whole class. And much to his playful side, JinYoung’s target is always the boy sitting one table away from him.

A smile crept up JinYoung’s face when he leaned back on the chair, seeing the so -called work of art he and the other two boys had made. Mark’s messy hair was now filled with small paper not mentioning all the 50-points-ones that the brunette has succeeded in throwing into the hoodie. This has been a usual game they played in class. Mark always sleep soundly just to wake up and found out the mess on his hair.

Of course, Mark is a good student, a lazy one, a rebellious one but for sure not an easy one to play jokes on. Why JinYoung is still stubborn doing this while he knows what will happen next, people would never find out. It is a secret. Top secret.

Renggggg!!

The monitor shouted loud, all the students in class B stood up to say goodbye to Mrs. SunYe. The beautiful teacher stood there, facing Mark, whose position was in front row. She kept her head low, trying to hold back a laughter when seeing that sleepy face. Poor our Mark! He still looked sleepy, his eyes were hazy after a long period of sleep and he certainly did not find out what his best friends had done to him.

“Class dismiss!” -Mrs. SunYe said softly and walked out of class.

JinYoung hurriedly packed his books and stuffed them into his backpack, get ready to run.

“PARK JINYOUNG!!!” - oops, too late for the black hair boy.

“Come here you little punk” -Mark swiped away all the pieces of paper lingering on his face. After putting on his hood, he was attacked under a rain of paper balls. And he knew who was to blame.

“Wait wait….” - JinYoung shuttered, jumping from desk to desk. “There’s not only me!!!”

“You won’t get away from this.” - Mark laughed loudly. His unique hoarse voice never failed to put a smile on the brunette.

YuGyeom and BamBam stood there, watching their two idotic friends doing their usual routine. In no time, JinYoung didn’t feel like running anymore, he stood there on one random table, giving in to Mark. The red hair caught his friend between his arms and pulled JinYoung down as he squeezed the brunette hard.

“Eyyyy, let me go!!” - JinYoung whined cutely- “YuGyeom and BamBam did it too. Why don’t you punish them instead!! Why always me??”

Mark didn’t really answer. Instead, he crept his hand under JinYoung’s waist and tickled on the right side, knowing that the boy is really sensitive there.

“Hey, it tickles!! Hahaha!!” -the black hair boy squirmed trying to escape but fail. Despite the fact that he was a little heavier and taller than Mark by few inches, the red hair always won.

“Save me guys!!” - JinYoung laughed louder as Mark pulled him to sit on his lap, continue tickling.

“Nope! That’s for calling us losers! Pleh!!” - BamBam stuck out his tongue and together with YuGyeom held down JinYoung’s legs so he couldn’t struggle any further.

“Let me go!! Haha!” - he laughed so hard he was sure he had tears in the eyes. Mark felt like it was time to let go.

“Call me ‘hyung’ then! I’ll let you go!” -he smirked.

“Not in a million year!!!!” -JinYoung complained. The red hair always made JinYoung call him ‘hyung’ though his birthday was just few days ahead.

“Well, it’s your choice!” -Mark slid his fingers up and down on the black hair’s spine causing him to scream ears-throbbing laughters.

“Okay okay, Mark-hyung~~”- he said in an especially adorable voice. Mark squealed hard. “ Mark-hyung, please let me go. I promise I won’t do that again.” -JinYoung pouted and the one holding him just smiled. Mark knew the later would still play jokes on him no matter how many promises he made. But as a “good friend” he was, he let go.

“Idiots!” -JinYoung kicked his legs free and immediately ran to class A. Mark smiled in victory and gave the other two a high-five.

Despite being inactive in class, Mark Tuan was definitely a different person when the break started. He loved being around his friends, those jerks who love joking around and picking up on each other.

“Jaebumie”- from the front of class B, Mark could still hear the brunette nagging in the other class.

“Let’s go guys, before JinYoung said more horrible things about me with the two!” - he waved YuGyeom and BamBam as they walked to the next class - class A.

They were a group of close friends. Mark, JinYoung, JaeBum, YoungJae, YuGyeom and BamBam. They were in the same class since first year. The moment they met, they know they are made for each other. Mark transferred in around the middle of school year but he got along well with those rebellious and stand-out boys.

Before senior year, they all have to take an exam and which each grades given they were divided into classes, sad as it may sound. Jaebum and YoungJae was really aiming for the best universities so they tried hard and got into class A. Others like Mark are lazy so they stopped at class B. But JinYoung’s reason was a much more different story from others.

“JaeBum hyung~~~” - JinYoung was being clingy again, wrapped his arms around JaeBum’s shoulder. “Mark , YuGyeom and BamBam were bullying me!!”

They all laughed and began to joke on the brunette, saying he deserved that. Their break went on happily. JinYoung was the most clingy in the group. There isn’t a moment that you don’t find him hugging BamBam or leaning his head on YoungJae’s shoulder, lying on the lap of YuGyeom or playing with JaeBum’s hands. He couldn’t help it. He loved flirting around his friends, pretending that they were his lovers. He liked to be the centre of attention, have all the spotlight and all the caring from his friends.

And JinYoung always succeeded in getting everything he wants. He was a straight A student, captain of the soccer team, not that he couldn’t play other sports, he was funny and if you say he was handsome, you were saying less than the truth.

He scanned his dark eyes around, staring at each of his friends. They were best friends, truly best friends. But something was odd, something was not in the way it was supposed to be. JinYoung could feel it in his gut. The tension, the heat he was feeling when his eyes met with one particular person. It was weird, but none of them realized. They were not noticing the big mystery that have been there since the day their group was formed.

As said, Park JinYoung is the one who can get everything he wants. But for one thing… and he sure felt damn annoyed about this.

“Gosh!! You really said that to the teacher!!!??” - Mark widened his eyes in shock when he heard what YoungJae had done in class before bursting out laughing like an idiot and fell of his chair.

“Mark! Careful, clumsy boy!” -JinYoung laughed as well as the other boys. He reached out his hands to help the red hair stand up. Not much to his surprise, Mark glared at him and stood up on his own, totally ignoring the brunette’s giving hand.

JinYoung chuckled awkwardly, hoping no one noticed what just happened between them. Their conversation went on until the bell rang telling that their new period would start. Mark stretched and yawn, seeing another sleeping period ahead.

“Let’s get back to our class.” - JinYoung said. He took a deep breath and slid his arms around the red hair’s open arm.

Once again, Mark shrugged and pushed his hands away, pretended like nothing weird happened and walked side by side with the brunette to class.

Yes, there was one thing JinYoung had not achieved. Being able to be intimate with Mark, to show skinship with Mark.

Simply, because, the red hair was straight. 100% straight. No, 1000% straight. Even more than that.

A/N: Thank you for all the subscription and comments! Here is the first chapter just to show you guys a glimpse of what was going on! I hope you guys like it! <3 Thank you!