Chapter 9: That Night

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, what are your plans for your art project?” Soojung unnie asked before stuffing with food. We all stared at her like she said something very wrong. She raised her eyebrow and stopped eating. “Why are you all staring at me like that huh?”

            “Nothing.” Sookyung whispered in an almost unaudible manner.

            “Aish. I’m just asking a very simple question, kids.” She said while semi-glaring at us in the round table where we were eating.

            “Uhm…. We haven’t talked about it noona.” Sehun answered while glancing at Hyemin who’s still munching on her food like a hungry little kid. Well, all of us girls were like her right now. We’ve been starving since earlier and unnie don’t want us to eat anything before the party.

            “Girls, can you please eat properly? Talk about some other guys watching you eat here.” She said with stern eyes.

            “Unnie, we are eating properly right now. I just don’t care anymore, I’m really really hungry.” I said before drinking juice while batting my eyelashes at her innocently which made my oppa laugh.

            “Hahaha. Just let them be for now, Soo. Chae’s right, they’re really eating properly but just somewhat unladly like.” Chan-chan defended.

            “Ya! Yoon Chanyoung! Don’t defend your sister here because I’m just being fair. I’m not even defending my own silly sister.” She whined while pouting and crossing her arms in front of her chest.

            “Ya!” Sookyung glared at her sister and rolled her eyes before she continued to eat. Chanyoung oppa just giggled at her cute whiny girlfriend before kissing her cheek which made it blush.

A soothing silence came after that. Besides the soft clattering of spoon and fork with the plate, only silence can be heard. After eating, we went for a walk along the beachside as Chanyoung oppa suggested. I don’t want to ruin my unnie and oppa’s mood so I just tried to ignore the fact that Byun Baekhyun is here with us. He was nice to me earlier I know but, I can’t just get over to what he said when we met for the first time.

            “AH! I’m tired walking around can’t we just sit here?” Hyemin whined loudly while pouting. Soo unnie raise her brow at Hyemin’s aegyo and watched as Sookyung just sat at the white sand. Hyemin followed suit and of course I did too. I leaned my head on Taehee’s shoulder and closed my eyes for a while feeling the cold but comforting breeze. I felt others sat too but I couldn’t care less.

            “Why are young people so lazy these days? It’s just a walk duh.” I heard Soo unnie said.

            “I’m also wondering the same thing, jagi.” Chan-chan oppa added before he pinched my nose a liitle hard which made me open my eyes.

            “AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OPPAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” I squeaked like a child. He then let go of my now really red nose while chuckling…… with the others.

            “Oh my! You look hilarious Chae! Anyway, we’ll stroll around more and maybe we’ll go straight to the house to rest. Just don’t take too much time here okay? Uhm, guys don’t go home unless they aren’t with you okay? Or else you will taste my wrath.” Soo unnie exclaimed. We looked at her surprised.

            “What?! Unnie! It’s already 11PM and what if we’ll rest at the house on 12 or 1AM? It’s too dangerous to travel at that time when it’s very dark.” Sookyung said with knitted brows. We got more surprised when the boys looked at us like we’re growing crazy. “EH?” They exclaimed. I raised my eyebrow while holding my pained nose.

            “Oh! Maybe Soojung forgot to tell you girls? They’ll be sleeping at the rest house too. Soo said it’ll be better if you’ll all bond together for your art project.” Oppa said smiling.

            “WHAT!?” The girls and I exclaimed. This is just so damn surprising. They are staying here for the weekend? Omg. Soo unnie smiled at us like an angel she is with a hint of mischieveousness.

            “Yeah. So bye! Rest well and good night people!” She said entusiastically while waving her hand at us. She then kissed us girls on our cheeks saying goodnight. Oppa leaned down and kissed the crown of my head and ruffled my hair. “Don’t stay out here for too long Chae okay? Goodnight dear princess.” Then she was dragged by Soo unnie away from us.

I was still shocked from the revelation. I don’t even know why and how oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter