Chapter 1: The First Encounter

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the last week of vacation. I still can’t believe we are senior students now. By judging at us right now? No one will probably think that we’re seniors. We are currently playing ‘Spin the Bottle’ somewhere near Han River. My friends and I decided to bike around and we’re actually taking a break since we just ate some tteokbeokki, soondae and skewers.

            “Hyemin-ah! Go spin the bottle now. I’m excited to do the dares!” Taehee, the mastermind of this game, exclaimed excitedly.

With that, Hyemin spinned the bottle. From fast pace to a slow pace, we all look quite nervous now. Because we can’t do truths since we know everything about each other so it'll lead to mischevious dares. As the opening of the bottle stopped at Sookyung; Hyemin, Taehee and I beamed while Sookyung is looking so cute pouting.

            “Ya~ this is unfair, don’t you think? Let’s just go home, and watch a movie or something.” She whined while looking at us, trying to act cute.

            “Don’t do aegyos to us, Jung Sookyung! That won’t work.” Hyemin said, trying to resist Sookyung’s aegyo.

            “Okayyy! Stop that, Icy. I have a brilliant idea for your dare.” Taehee said while eyeing our surroundings.

I followed her gaze and I saw a young man, a handsome one, sitting alone at one of the benches with his earphones plugged in. I looked at Taehee who is beaming right now.

            “Kyung! You see that handsome man over there? Get the other earphone and plug it in your ear then lean on his shoulders.” Taehee said in excitement.

            “That’s the dare? I think its too easy for the Ice Princess.” I said as I looked at Taehee then Sookyung.

            “Ya!!! Chae that’s not easy at all! I don’t even know him!” Kyung defended.

            “No honey. Of course that’s going to be boring. Right, Hyemin?” Taehee smirked.

Hyemin ended the statement with: “Your dare is to make him blush.” She grinned. And I gasped. I saw the wide-eyed Sookyung on my right and the three of us laughed at her reaction.

            “WHAT?! THAT’S SO… UHMM…. UNRIGHT! I WON’T DO IT!” She protested and crossed her arms on her chest.

            “Come on Kyung! Just for fun! Use your charms, princess!” I said as I poked her side. And our laughters became louder.

            “I SAID I WON’T---“ Kyung was cutted off by Hyemin. “Okay, if you won’t do it….. Just one click sweetie, and your aegyo clip will be posted on twitter and instagram. And probably they won’t call you the ‘Ice Princess’ anymore.” Hyemin teased Kyung as she showed her phone.

            “It may trend worldwide saying ‘Ice princess Jung Sookyung is now the aegyo princess’ or something that go along with those lines.” I teased even more and Sookyung turned pink and standed on her own feet.

            “AISH! I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M FRIENDS WITH BLACKMAILERS!” She stomped her feet in irritation and started to walk her way to the handsome man.

            “Oh my gosh! She’s really gonna do it!” Taehee laughed even more and we all went our way near them so that we can take a video/photo of this moment.

            “This is go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter