Chapter 2: Cheer Up!

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two days since that incident happened. I hate him for his words hit me hard, and I hate myself more for letting it affect me. I don’t leave my room if it’s not necessary. I don’t even answer my friends’ calls or texts and they’re worried. It’s a good thing that oppa is very busy with their wedding preparations, or else he’ll be interviewing me right now. He knows me like the back of his palm. Sometimes, I like it but at times like this, I hate it. Everytime someone mentions how my parents raised me, I always end up feeling broken. I entered my bathroom and washed my face. I stared at the mirror. My eyes red and puffy from crying. My lips cracked a little. My nose looks like a tomato due to its redness. My face screaming how exhausted I am. Exhausted from crying. I sniffed as I washed my face again. I dried up my face with a face towel and I tied up my hair into a messy bun. I heard my phone ringing. I went to the bedside table and looked at the caller ID. ‘Soojung~unnie^-^’

I don’t want to answer any calls but unnie rarely calls me. Maybe this is something important. I answered the call after 5 rings.

            “Yeoboseyo? Soo-unnie?” I casually asked.

            “Chaeyoung-ah! Where are you?” She worriedly asked through the phone.

            “Uhm. I’m in my room unnie. Waeyo?” I answered slightly curious.

            “Taehee’s here at the house. In the guest room to be exact. She came here crying and locked herself in the guest room. She hasn’t been eating anything. Sookyung and Hyemin tried to talk to her but failed as she doesn’t want to talk to anyone for now. I think its about her sister. And I don’t know what to do----“ She sounds really worried. I ran downstairs still talking to her.

            “Unnie! I’ll be going there in 10 minutes. I’ll hang up now.” I ended the call and shouted “YERI-AH!” Yeri immediately ran towards me as I asked her “Where is Mr. Song? I need the car right now. I  need to go somewhere.”

            “Uh Miss Yoon, Mr. Song is today’s day off and the car is used by your brother since his car is somewhat broken.” She explained as I ruffled my hair in frustration. “Thanks Yeri, I’ll take the cab instead.” I said while running outside to take a cab.

As soon as a cab stopped right in front of me, I opened the door and ride inside. I told the driver the address of Sookyung’s house and I tried to call Taehee’s number. But she isn’t answering. Taehee’s so vulnerable when her unnie, Kim Taeyeon is mentioned. Especially when people always say how pretty and talented her sister is, while they point out her imperfection. She’s been suffering a lot because of this. She was always living in the shadow of her sister. Trying so hard to live up her family and people’s expectations….. Until she met me and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter