Chapter 4: Class 4A

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Song smiled at me and stated the obvious. “Miss Yoon, we’re here. Have a nice day.” I slightly bowed at him and smiled flatly. “Thank you Mr. Song. You too, ahjusshi.” I opened the car door and steps one foot at a time. I inhaled the fresh air and smiled, “School time.” I walked gracefully towards our meeting place as I heard the car leaving. It’s a small garden at the back our school. It’s prohibited to stay here but because Hyemin is the daughter of the owner of SU, we can.

Seoul University is too huge and prestigious for my liking. I never really liked studying in a prestigious school, but what can I do? I have to obey my parents’ orders. I’ve never disobeyed them…. because anyone who’d be in my shoes would do the same. I saw Sookyung leaning against the tree; the school uniform suited her in every way, her legs extended in front of her, her natural jet black hair flowing down to her chest, her eyes closed while a white&red earphones is plugged to the both of her ears. She’s always been early.

I walk my way towards her and sat down beside her. I poked her right cheek and she opened her eyelids gently.I grabbed her phone and stop the music player as I asked her “Didn’t get enough sleep last night?” I smiled curiously. She nodded her head 2 times, pouting slightly.

            “Wae? Still thinking about that handsome guy whom you sweetly called ‘oppa’?” I teased.

Her eyes automatically widened at what I said and defended. “No, I’m not!” I chuckled at her reaction. Sookyung has always been cute. She’s like the maknae out of the four of us. Always doing aegyos unintentionally, gullible and somewhat fragile. We, most of the times, but we adore and love her so much.

            “AISH! I TOLD YOU HEE I SHOULD HAVE LET MY HAIR DOWN!” We both looked where the annoyed shriek came from. I giggled as Sookyung grinned a little at the sight. Hyemin with her hair prettily tied is currently throwing her tantrums at Taehee, while Taehee is laughing hard that you cannot see her eyes. As soon as Hyemin saw us, she ran and talked non-stop.

            “Ya~ Ya~ Ya~ Do I look okay? Hee insisted that I should tie my hair up like this because she saw my photo with a hairstyle like this on my phone. She said it was pretty and it suited me, but when I took a selca and sent it to Soojung-unnie, she said I look really fat and I will just let my hair down but Taehee didn’t let me. Tell me honestly, do I look really----“ She blabbered and Taehee laughed even louder.

            “Fat? You do.” Sookyung stated boringly and Hyemin gasped reaching for the ponytail that tied her hair when I stopped her.

            “No, don’t you dare remove that. You look really pretty today Min.” I smiled sweetly at her.

            “Aniyo. I’m telling you honestly. You really do look fat with your hairstyle.” Soo said with her famous pokerface. And she only uses that pokerface when she’s telling a lie.

            “Eh?! Are you trying to fool me, Jung Sookyung?! You and your unnie really like to tease me huh?” Hyemin said with furrowed eyebrows and her hands placed on her waist. Sookyung was trying to suppress her laugh, and when she did we all laughed along.

            “Maybe she just wants to get revenge on you for that dare last time.” I retorted and winked at Sookyung.

            “Jeongmal?! Jung Soojung, you’re still thinking about that ‘oppa’ of yours?” Taehee added.

            “Oh my! Don’t worry I’ll find him for you, honey. And we will set you up in a blind date.” Hyemin clasped her hands and winked teasingly at Sookyung. We laughed louder.

Sookyung’s look in her red now face, is totally priceless. “I’M…. UHHH… AISH JINJJA--” She grabbed her black backpack and walked out of the scene, embarrassed. We exchanged glances as we followed her walking towards the high school building.

            “Sookyung-ah! We’re just teasing you, you know that right?” I tried to persuade her.

            “Yeah. You know how much we all love you honey.” Taehee added.

            “Aniyo. The three of you keeps on fooling me.” Sookyung pouted and I face-palmed.

Sookyung’s doing her aegyo again. She’s very stubborn and whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter