Chapter 3: Monday Morning

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miss Yoon! You have to get up now or you’ll be late for your class. It’s your first day!” I groaned as I heard Yeri, one of our maids constantly knocking on my door and shouting that statement.

            “Yeri-ah! Give me five more minutes please?” I sulked as I nuzzled closer to Vinnie, my human-sized teddy bear that was given to me by my dearest brother.

            “But Miss, it’s the third time you told me that this morning yet you’re still on your bed.” Yeri spoke behind the door.

Then, his brother came in front of her door with keys in his hand. He opened the door to see her 8 year old sister, 17 year old sister still lying on her bed while hugging her Vinnie.

            “YOON CHAEYOUNG!!! YOU BETTER GET OFF THAT BED OF YOURS OR I WILL DEFINITELY GROUND YOU FOR A MONTH!” I automatically sit up and forced my to leave my precious bed and ran into my bathroom to get ready for school. Aish. My oppa is so darn good for being my alarm clock.

            “YOU BETTER BE READY IN 25 MINUTES CHAE!!! OR ELSE YOU’LL---“ My brother shouted from my room.

            “WHAT?! YOON CHANYOUNG DO YOU REALLY THINK I CAN PREPARE IN JUST 25 MINUTES HUH?!” I retorted to my oh-so-loving oppa.

            “THAT’S YOON CHANYOUNG-OPPA TO YOU PRINCESS! JUST HURRY UP OR I’LL REPORT YOUR EVERY MOVE TO EOMMA AND APPA!” He shouted back quite irritated at how I called him using banmal. And that’s the last thing I heard before I was startled by the sudden loud closing of my bedroom door.

Oh my. That only means oppa is serious…I immediately bathed myself faster than usual.

20 Minutes Later….

            “OPPAAAAA~! I’M DONE!!!” I screamed while hurrying down the stairs.

            “Chaeyoung-ah! Be careful! Aish! Are you sure you’re 17 huh?! I think I’m seeing an 8 year old girl running down the stairs.” I heard that angelic voice peeking her head from the kitchen.

            “SOOJUNG-UNNIE?!?! WAAAAAAAHHHHH~ UNNIEEEEEE~ I MISSED YOUUUUUU!” I squealed in excitement as I ran to her and hugged her tight.

            “Hey honey, we’ve seen each other last Friday, haven’t we? You missed me already?” Soojung unnie giggled as she hugged me back and my still uncombed hair.

            “Chae! Why your hair is still uncombed?! Haven’t I told you already that you’re a lady now, you should be one?” She scolded me as I seated on my chair at the dining table.

            “Blame Chan-chan for making me prepare in just 25 minutes! Isn’t he so bad?” I pouted while cutting the pancake into pieces and eat it.

            “Am not, princess. I just don’t want you to be late for school.” He said with a smile while approaching the dining area.

He then looked at her fiance lovingly. “Goodmorning babe.” And he pecked her right cheek, which turned pink after that. They looked really cute even with that little interaction.

He chuckled at her expression then turned to his seat which is beside you. “And goodmorning to you too, sweetie.” My oppa kissed the top of my head and I grinned.

Oppa is actually very sweet and caring towards me. Ever since I was a kid, Chan-chan lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter