Chapter 5: The Coffee Corner

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So….. What would you like to drink Chae?” I heard Taehee asked me. I smiled at her and tapped my chin, “Hmmm…. I want Chocolate Chip Frappuccino.” She nodded and asked the other two girls sitting in front of me.

            “Okay! So, Choco Chip Frappe for Chae, Strawberries&Crème Frappe for Kyung, Iced Caramel Macchiato for Min, and Chocolate Smoothie for me. Anything else?” She asked like a worker from this café and we all giggled at her actions.

            “Just go, Kyung. Pick something to eat, for us.” I said to Sookyung, trying to shoo her away.

            “Aish. You and your lazy self, Chaeyoung.” She rolled her eyes and drags Taehee at the counter.

So here we are, at The Coffee Corner located far away from school. We decided not to go the café nearby since it’ll probably be packed with students from our school. So we got a cab and told the driver our favorite café address and tada! Here we are seating at the corner of the shop. I suddenly heaved a sigh, not knowing why.

            “Hey, you look really troubled. Is there a problem?” Hyemin asked me with worried eyes.

            “Do I?” I asked quite surprised because I don’t even know that I am troubled, or maybe I just don’t want to think about the reason why I feel troubled?

            “Yeah. I’ve noticed you sighing every now and then.” Taehee said, seating in the chair beside me.

            “Our orders will be here in 5 minutes. I ordered 2 natural glazed doughnuts. You guys are probably full right? And I don’t want anyone of us to have diabetes so there.” Sookyung said as she also take her seat beside Hyemin. We all nodded at her statement.

            “So, whats bothering you, Chae?” Hyemin asked, bringing back the topic.

            “Uhmmm. Nothing. Just a little tired, I guess?” I said smiling.

            “Don’t even try to fool us, Yoon Chaeyoung.” Sookyung said, glaring at me.

Taehee rolled her eyes at me. “Wae? Are you not happy that we’re in class A?” She asked in a mocking tone. Our orders came after, and an awkward silence is between us.

            “Tell me, so that I can ask appa to transfer us to class B.” Hyemin said nonchalantly before sipping on her Iced Caramel Machiatto. I gasped in shock as my friends just nodded their heads in agreement.

            “What?! No! You’ll all sacrifice your slots in class A just because I’m feeling uneasy?! I can’t let that happen!” I said my voice louder than usual. “I don’t know. I just felt quite uneasy?” I said in a whispering tone.

            “Why do you feel that way?” Taehee asked while stirring her smoothie.

            “I just felt someone staring at me the whole time. I feel like he’s watching my every action.” I said as I crossed my legs. And frowns are visibly seen in their foreheads.

            “Chae, we are used to those things, aren’t we? Someone watching our actions, and if we made an unlady like one, we’ll be the topic of their friends or probably the whole school for a week.” Hyemin said calmly. I bit my lip and looked at them in their eyes.

            “No. This one’s strange. I think it’s different from those ones we’re used to.” I said in a matter-of-factly tone. They looked at me suspiciously, and Hyemin raised her right eyebrow at me.

            “What do you mean strange? And how is it different from the others?” Taehee said while crossing her arms in her chest.

            “I really really don’t know. And I swear, I’m not kidding on this.” Confusion can be heard in my voice.

            “Hmm. Have you seen him? How does he/she look like?” Hyemin asked leaning forward a little.

            “That’s the problem. I didn’t even look at him or her.” I bit my lip in frustration.

            “And why is that so?” Sookyung asked before stuffing a forkful of doughnut into .

            “I don’t think I have the guts to look at him. I just felt intimidated by his stare.” I said after sipping on my frappe.

            “This is hopeless. We’ll figure it out tomorrow.” Hyemin stated as she slammed her hands against the coffee table lightly, careful not to gain attention. We all nodded in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter