Chapter 12: Sensations

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How’s your project doing everyone? Did you plan everything out?” I heard our art teacher asked. This statement made me fully awake now. I rapidly lift my head up to look at my friends with my wide-doe eyes. The girls looked at me, their eyes telling me that we’re in big trouble.

            “Wow. That made you awake, Chae.” Sookyung managed to joke sarcasticly. I rolled my eyes at her as I glanced at Baekhyun who’s still sleeping in his desk. I rolled my eyes inwardly. It’s his fault we’re both lacking sleep. Why did he call me last night anyway? My other self smirked at me and whispered, ‘you like it anyway’ and I just shrugged my head.

            “Since we have nothing to do for now, and we still have 20 minutes, I’ll let you talk to your project partners to sort your plans.” The teacher announced as she clapped her hands and walked back to her seat, checking some papers.

I glanced at my partner who is still sleeping in his desk. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo walked towards Taehee and Sookyung. Chanyeol grinned and waved his right hand at us while the other guy shyly smiled before he bowed at us. Hyemin stood up and casually walked towards Sehun, and grabbed the seat beside him. I looked at Baekhyun again wondering if he’s already awake but he’s not. So I shook my head from left to right before muttering some words as I walked towards him. I took the chair beside him and I poke him in his arm. He didn’t budge at first but I was stopped from my trance when he turned his head towards me. I was awed. How someone could look so delicate when sleeping? His bangs falling at his brows, eyelashes that are too long for a man, his nose that fitted his face, and his pink lips that we’re slightly ajar freeing his stable breathing. I felt my heart beating loudly again while I look at his face a little longer. I totally forgot that I need to wake him up and talk to him about our project. I even leaned my head on the desk, little inches separating our lips, staring at him. I didn’t notice how my fingers went up to his hair and fix them sideways. I saw him scrunched his nose a little which earned me giggling like a little girl. My eyes were big when he suddenly opened his eyes, smiling at me like I was the most beautiful thing he ever saw. I felt my cheeks blushed and I lift my head up only to see Hyemin laughing at me and Sehun stiffling his laugh. I rolled my eyes at them as I felt my cheeks get hotter. Jeez. This is so embarassing.

            “Good morning?” Baekhyun asked, looking at me, giggling as he lifts his head from the desk. He stretched his arms before yawning like a cute puppy.

            “It’s already afternoon mister.” I said not looking in his eyes. I felt him grabbing my chin to look up at him grinning at me. “Enjoying the view of me sleeping huh?” He said as his eyes turned crescents with Hyemin and Sehun laughing with him. I felt like all my blood rushed to my face and I couldn’t help it. I abruptly stood up from my chair which earned me the center of attention, I looked at my sneakers as I said, “Uhm, excuse me” before I left the room.

I hastily walked towards the restroom with my head down. Gosh. I am so embarrassed. How can I even let Baekhyun see me again? Add Sehun too. Hyemin? Nah, its okay. I’ve been embarrassed in front of her for a long time now. Then, a hand grabbed my wrist and turned me around. I felt like having electricity in my veins, and my cheeks turning pink when I saw Baekhyun standing in front of me, staring intently.

            “Ya, are you mad at me? I’m really----“ I cutted him off with “There’s no need to be sorry Baekhyun.” I said looking down at our shoes, awkwardly laughing. I heard him sigh before whispering to me, “Chaeyoung, look at me.” I felt my heart jumped when he called my name but I didn’t dare to look at him.

            “Yoon Chaeyoung, I said look at me.” He said with a very soothing voice and I felt a shiver runs down my spine as he called my full nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter