Chapter 14: The Interrogation

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clattering of spoons on the plates is the only thing heard in our table in a buffet restaurant Hyemin suggested. Everyone just kept on eating and cooking pork and intestines on the grill. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are the ones working with the tongs. And of course, Hyemin is the one in charge of talking.

            “Wow. This samgyupsal is really good!” She exclaimed with adoration.

            “Even the makchang and gakchang too!” Chanyeol added.

            “Just say everything’s delicious. You’re going to say them one by one anyway.” I said rolling my eyes at them before eating another piece of meat.

            “Ya Yoon Chaeyoung! Why do you always have to be a killer joy huh?!” Hyemin roared. Thank goodness that I sat beside Taehee and Sookyung. Or else I’d hit by her already.

            “Ya ya ya~ Let her be. Maybe she’s like that because she’ll be on a hot seat later.” Chanyeol persuaded Min with a giggle. Chanyeol winked at me teasingly and I acted like I was about to throw up before rolling my eyes at him which earned everyone laughing.

            “Hyemin-ah, I didn’t know you have such a bad bestfriend. It must have been hard for you all these years.” Chanyeol said while rubbing Min’s back acting like he’s comforting her.

            “Yeah, it really was.” Hyemin pouted at me. “But she’s okay; she’s not bad at all. Even if you’ll wink at me like that I’ll also do the same.” She added chortling.

            “Me too.” Sookyung upheld simply while chewing on her makchang. Chanyeol scowled and wailed to Baekhyun, saying we are such bad girls. We all just laughed at him when his bestfriend just patted his back, not caring at all. His face turned red as we laughed harder because of him.

            “Ya Baekhyun! You are supposed to support me, you rascal!” He snarled pushing Baekhyun to Kyungsoo. The latter who was just eating and cooking silently while giggling from time to time glared at Yeol.

            “Mianhae Kyung.” Chanyeol said cutely with a peace sign. Sookyung turned her head at Yeol, thinking that the guy was calling him.

            “Stop calling him Kyung. I keep on turning my head when you do that.” Sookyung complained, glaring at Chanyeol.

            “Well, it’s not our fault! It’s his nickname!” Chanyeol protested back.

            “It’s my nickname too! Just stop calling him that.” Sookyung retorted rolling her eyes.

            “It’ll be unfair for him though.” Baekhyun interjected in their cat fight which made Sookyung raise her eyebrow.

            “It’s his nickname; he has the right to be called that. And that goes to you too.” Baekhyun continued with a chuckle.

            “But it just feels and sounds weird!” She moped like a child.

            “I even thought that way when I first met Kyungsoo. Just deal with it.” Sehun said grinning at Sookyung.

            “Or don’t call us both by our nicknames?” Kyungsoo suggested, his round eyes looking at us all.

            “Wow, Kyungsoo-yah, you’re supporting my cousin, huh?” Sehun teased bumping his shoulders with him a little.

            “He definitely is. Maybe he’s starting to show Sookyung his true feelings.” Taehee upheld Sehun’s teasing which made Kyungsoo blushed.

            “Omo! He’s blushing!!! He definitely likes Sookyung!” Hyemin squealed, clapping her hands.

            “Kyung-ah, you’re lucky. I guess it’s not a one sided crush after all.” I teased Sookyung, nudging her side a bit.

            “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING YOON CHAEYOUNG!!!!!” Sookyung roared with a blushing face.

            “Bwoya? I didn’t know the two of you are in a loveteam. I thought it’s a one-sided crush for my friend here.” Chanyeol teased which made the both of them blush even more.

            “You guys are match-made in heaven. Your names tell it all. Sookyung, Kyungsoo, Soo-kyung-soo!” Baekhyun stated cackling at his own thought. All of us laughed teasing the two.

            “What should we call them then? The Kyung couple or the Soo couple?” Chanyeol joked.

            “KYUNG COUPLE!” Taehee, Min and I chirped at the same time waving our chopsticks in front of us.

            “YAAAAAAAAAAA!” Sookyung shouted with her eyes closed in embarrassment. We all laughed even more, some of us are even tearing up. Kyungsoo slapped Sehun’s lap which earned the latter a whimper but nevertheless continued laughing. When Kyungsoo was about to slap Sehun again, Sehun held the boy’s arm tightly before saying, “Ya ya ya! Stop harrassing my bestfriend and cousin!” He said trying his best suppresing his laugh. Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed heartily at Sehun’s funny face.

            “YA SEHUN-AH! YOU SHOULD’VE SEEN YOUR FACE!” Chanyeol said in between laughs. I held onto my stomach as I felt the pain from so much laughing. Sookyung hid her face in her hands leaning into my shoulder while Kyungsoo rested his forehead on the table. Poor guys.

            “Ya everyone, let’s stop it. My stomach’s aching already.” I said trying to regain my proper breathing before hugging Sookyung. “It’s okay Kyung. We’re almost done laughing now.” I murmured which made her push me away from her.

            “I so hate you.” She said pouting at me.

            “I love you too sweetie.” I cooed before sticking my tongue out at her.

            “Why were you running earlier?” She suddenly threw me a question which made all of us quiet. “I’m getting my revenge, sweetie.” She said smirking at me.

            “Oh right! You just barged into the cafeteria earlier running like someone’s after you.” Hyemin added.

            “Which made you panting hard and the center of attention.” Taehee raised her eyebrow at me. I felt my face paled at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter