Point of No Return

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six Hours Later

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“Wake up. Sweetie wake up,” my mom said shaking me.

“What?” I asked confused opening my eyes.

“You must’ve fallen asleep on the couch watching t.v. It’s four in the morning. I just got in from my shift. Go get in your bed. I’m going to do the same,” she said sighing.

 

My mom headed upstairs, and I sat up noticing that the t.v. was still on. It wasn’t what I was watching when I dozed off. This was an old black and white movie about dracula. I was about to turn it off when I saw him shield his face with his cape and stare into the eyes of a young woman. The lighting was dramatically highlighting his eyes. It was a little cheesy. But I couldn’t shake the feeling that it reminded me of something, or someone. A.J. stared at me that day on the bridge, and she did the same thing to the guy that was on the street. It was strange to think that making direct eye contact could be so effective. I turned the t.v. off and headed upstairs thinking about the other strange things about her. Yes recently she has acted in a much better way towards me, and I am grateful. But there are still things that she does that make no sense. One second we are talking and having a nice time, and the next she suddenly has to leave. She is so secretive as well. I feel like there is a lot she doesn’t want to tell me able herself. She seems to want to do one thing, and ends up doing another. Always being so regretful about everything. Not to mention the strangest thing about her is how she keeps showing up to save me. Always at the right moment. Not a second too late. I went over that rail, and I still can’t comprehend how she pulled me up. I’m not saying that she is weak. But she has a lean frame, and isn’t all that much bigger than me. I know that I could’ve never been able to pull her up. And she didn’t even seem to strain herself. I have so many questions, but I’m afraid to pester her. If I try too hard to ask she will keep trying to avoid me. And I don’t want that to happen. I suddenly felt a chill come over me. Her hands are always so cold. I’m rambling, I just really need to get some sleep. I changed into my pjs, and laid down.

 

 

Later that Day

 

Walking into school I was earlier than normal. I couldn’t stop thinking about wanting to test the idea that she always appeared when I needed her. There’s no way that she could show up for a third time. Walking through the empty hallways the only other people around were some teachers and the janitor. I noticed that the janitor came out of a door that I had never really noticed before. When he walked down the hall and out of sight I decided to check it out. I went through the door and was met with a stair well. I walked up and saw a sign that said roof access. I decided to go all the way to the top and I suddenly I was on the roof. The school was three stories high so it was quite a ways to the ground. I walked around the edge and peered down to the ground. More students were starting to arrive in the parking lot. I looked around until I found a car I recognized. It was the jeep that A.J.’s family took to school sometimes. I tried to see if she was standing next to it, but I only saw Siwon and Yuri. I leaned further putting my hands on the ledge trying to see better. I looked at the people around the jeep until I saw someone that looked like her from the back. Was that her? I leaned even more, and one of my hands slipped. Before I could even be frightened I felt someone pull me away from the edge.

 

“Do you have a death wish or something?” A.J. asked letting me go once we were a safe distance away.

“How did you get here so fast?”

“What do you mean? I saw you up here, and then ran up here as fast as I could, before you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter