Tainted

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s Pov

 

As we made our way out of the mall hand in hand, I couldn’t stop staring at her. The clouds had come back to the sky again, so I wasn’t worried about it hurting her.

 

“I can’t believe you actually bought the clothes we tried on,” I said chuckling.

“I have to make sure you don’t back out on going with me,” she said holding up the dress bag that also had her tux in it.

“I don’t get the feeling that you are normally this impulsive.”

“You’ve made me realize that I’ve been wasting so much time.”

“But you don’t really have to be concerned about time. There is no end for you.”

“Yes, but that’s why I said you have changed my thinking,” she said stopping.

“Because I’m getting older every second, right?” I sighed.

“It’s precious. That’s life.”

 

Suddenly I heard this noise, and then a scream from the alley behind us.

 

“A.J. someone is in trouble,” I said concerned.

“Stay here,” she said handing me the bag before disappearing to find the commotion.

 

I heard another scream and had to follow where she went. I rounded the corner and took in the scene. A.J. had a man by the neck pinned to the wall, with a crying woman on the ground next to them. 

 

“I should kill you! What right do you have to put your hands on her!” she yelled while choking him.

“You can’t kill him!” I yelled out.

She slowly turned her head towards me. Eyes dark, lifeless. Her body was rigid and enraged. I could tell she was seconds away from snapping his neck.

 

“You don’t want to do this,” I pleaded stepping closer.

“It would be so easy…” she said in a menacing voice. “No one would miss him. He is a monster! He was trying to her!” she yelled looking back at him.

“I know you want to A.J., and he deserves it. But the only person you will hurt is you,” I said coming close enough to touch her shoulder. “Let him go. A.J. please,” I begged.

“I told you to stay. I could just as easily hurt you,” she growled.

“You won’t. You have more control than you realize. Now let him go, he can’t breathe.”

 

The man was thrashing at her grip on his neck.

 

“Why do you insist on testing my limits!” she yelled.

 

Suddenly two blurs came into focus next to me. It was Henry and Luna. Henry pried A.J. away from the man who was gasping for breath. He locked his arms around her, and she continued to thrash. Appearing to be like a caged animal, desperate to be free.

 

“No! Let me kill him!” she yelled struggling.

“Krystal we should go,” Luna said touching my arm. “I’ve already persuaded the woman to go the hospital, and the man to go to the police station and confess,” she informed me.

“I can’t leave her like this,” I said sad.

“You have to. It’s dangerous. She is not herself. She will need to feed to gain her rational thought back. She wouldn’t want you to see her like this. Now Krystal,” she said pulling me away, and grabbing the clothes bag from the ground. 

“Where did she park?” Luna said dragging me to the parking lot.

“Uh…what…”

“Krystal! The car. Where is it? I have the extra set of keys,” she said showing me.

“Over there,” I said pointing to it.

“Ok, get in. Where do you want me to take you?”

“I am just trying to understand what happened. How did you know where we even were?”

“It’s complicated,” she said starting the car.

“Am I not allowed to know?”

“I’ll tell you. Just tell me if we are going to your house or mine?”

“I have to know if she is alright.”

“Then mine I guess,” she sighed.

“Luna I’ve never seen her act like that.”

“And that is what she has been afraid of happening. She has become the epitome of self control. But there are always things that can set someone off. She can’t stand someone inflicting pain like that on other person, because she has done it before so many times.”

“But it’s not the same. She couldn’t control it. She never wanted to hurt anybody,” I said.

“She doesn’t see it that way. She feels the guilt and pain of everyone she has hurt.”

“Tell me how you knew she needed you.”

“I didn’t know. Henry did. They have this special bond. The creator’s bond. It happens between every vampire and their creator. Because she is the one that turned Henry, they are forever connected. They can feel each other’s heightened emotions, and sense where they are. We were at the house when he was hit with this sudden wave of rage. He knew she needed us, so we came right over. Henry has handled many of these situations before. He knows exactly what to do to bring her down. And vice versa.”

“You said she will have to feed?” I asked thinking about it.

“Yes, it is the quickest way to gain control over our emotions. We have to dull our hunger. It never really goes away. But we can make it easier to deal with.”

“It doesn’t go away because you don’t feed on humans?”

“That’s partly it. But even human blood only holds off the hunger a while longer. It’s just our nature. Eternal life, but you can never be satisfied,” she said glancing over at me.

“Where will Henry take her to feed?”

“The forrest. We mostly consume deer.”

“Oh…”

“I shouldn’t have told you that. A.J. wouldn’t have wanted me too,” she said with regret.

“It doesn’t bother me. I understand that you have to feed. I don’t know everything about you, but I realized that much when I decided to date a vampire.”

“Date? Have you made it official?” she asked curious.

“Pretty much. We haven’t been on an official date yet. But she did just ask me to prom.”

“Prom! Is that what’s in the bag!”

“Yeah we went by a store in the mall. I tried to convince her not to buy them, but she wouldn’t listen.”

“She probably knows that if I knew I would’ve forced you to try on a lot more dresses. But asking you to prom befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter