Dinner With Care

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Few Hours Later

 

A.J.’s Pov

 

“Hello Ms. Jung,” I said as Krystal’s mom opened the front door.

“A.J. hello. Krystal isn’t here. She told me that she was going to study at the library with Yoona and Sulli.”

“I am aware of that Ms. Jung, I actually stopped by because I wanted to apologize for my behavior. I am very sorry that I was untruthful with you about my relationship with your incredible daughter. Can you forgive the fact that I have behaved in this uncivilized way?” I asked.

“Uh…wow…this is unexpected. When Krystal said you were old fashioned I had no idea this is what she meant.”

“Have offended you Ma’am?” I asked unsure of her response. 

“No. A.J. you haven’t what so ever. I am impressed that you would feel confident enough to apologize to me like this without Krystal here. I never expected you to do this. I almost do not think that you need to apologize to me. I understand why you both were afraid to reveal your relationship. I just hope that I will be able to get to know you now.”

“You are too kind. I wish Krystal could have always been truthful with you. I know that she never wishes to bring pain to you in any form. As a gesture of reparation for my behavior I was hoping to ask if I could take your daughter on a date tomorrow?”

“Truly A.J. you don’t have to ask me. It’s up to my daughter.”

“It is going to be our first official date, and I wanted to inform you, and ask what time you would like me to have her home by?”

“I have never really been strict with her about a curfew. But I guess if you are asking it would be nice if she was back by eleven.”

“Of course that is no problem. I give you my word she will be back here safe and on time.”

“That is very thoughtful of you. A.J. I want you to know that I am not angry at you. Or my daughter for that matter. You seem very kind. And I hope that you will always treat her the way she deserves to be treated. I have said this to all the people she has dated so do not think that I am singling you out. I hope that we will get to see more of each other in the near future,” she said extending her hand out to me.

 

She wanted to shake my hand. But I couldn’t let her feel how cold my skin was. I hesitated looking at her hand. She pulled it back after a second passed.

 

“We’ll get there,” she said chuckling.

“You are very understating Ms. Jung. Believe me when I say Krystal is my priority. Her happiness, and safety come second to none.”

“That is quite a statement. Are you sure you are only eighteen?” 

“Yes Ma’am I am quite sure.”

 

 

Outside the Library

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“Thank you both for being willing to study for our Trigonometry test with me,” I said to them as they walked with me towards the parking lot.

“Sure Krystal we needed the extra study time just as much as you,” Yoona said.

“I am surprised that you even had time to work us into your busy schedule,” Sulli added.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“Just that you seem to spend all your time with a certain person these days,” Sulli continued.

“I…it’s…” I began.

“Don’t put her on the spot,” Yoona said to Sulli.

“We are high school girls. Isn’t this what society expects us to talk about with each other?” Sulli said laughing.

“Krystal doesn’t have to tell us anything she doesn’t want to,” Yoona said looking directly at me. “I know what it’s like to enter into a new relationship, and be overwhelmed by it. Sehun really took me by surprise when he first asked me out.”

“Speak of her and she appears,” Sulli said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Look. A.J. is here,” Sulli answered pointing.

 

I followed her finger to where A.J. was standing. She was standing in front of a red sports car, holding a bouquet of colorful flowers, and wearing a grey suit.

 

“Are we in a romantic comedy right now?” Sulli asked annoyed.

“Oh my gosh,” Yoona said in disbelief.

 

A.J. walked over stopping a few feet in front of us.

 

“Good evening girls. I hope your study session was successful. I was hoping that I could take Ms. Jung to dinner if that is alright with the two of you?” A.J. asked looking at each of them.

“Yep…yes…sure,” Yoona stuttered.

“Why not?” Sulli added in disbelief.

“Thank you. I hope you both get home safe,” A.J. said pulling the flowers apart to reveal that there were two bouquets.

 

She then handed each of them to Sulli and Yoona.

 

“I can’t accept this A.J.,” Yoona said looking at the flowers.

“It is just a gesture of gratitude for helping Krystal. But if you do not want them I will take them back,” A.J. responded.

“Just take the flowers,” Sulli told Yoona. “Thank you A.J.”

“You are very welcome. Krystal would you like to join me,” A.J. said holding out her hand to me.

 

I slowly grasped her hand, and walked closer to her. She took the textbooks from my other hand, and my backpack.

 

“Goodbye,” A.J. said to the girls.

 

I waved, still speechless. We walked over to the sports car, and she placed my things in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter