Surprise

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s Pov

 

I couldn’t sleep at all that night. I kept hoping that she might reappear at my window. I left it unlocked, just in case. Everything that happened today is just a blur. I feel like I went through so many emotions. And then she opened up to me. When I was so angry for how she ignored me in the past, now she is opening up about everything. I felt so close to her. That I could finally really understand her. Every time I’m in her presence I find myself moving closer to her. Before she was just so mysterious. Now that I know what she is, I keep staring at her trying to see the vampire instead of the human I thought she was. My mind kept racing all night about her past. It was so long ago, and so hard for her. What else has she been through? When my alarm went off I dragged myself out of bed. I got dressed and made my way downstairs. 

 

“Um Krystal?” my mom asked when I entered the kitchen. 

“What?”

“There is a young man waiting outside in our driveway. Would you know anything about that?” she asked cheeky sipping her coffee.

“No…” I said confused, before moving to look out the window.

 

I half expected to see Onew waiting outside. But to my excitement it was the only person I really wanted to see. Without thinking I went to the door, and began to open it.

 

“Krystal! I think you owe me an explanation,” my mom yelled as I ran outside.

 

She was just leaning against her car. When we made eye contact, I could’ve swore she smiled a little. I couldn’t stop myself from running over throwing my arms around her and hugging her.

 

“You’re here,” I whispered.

“I hope you didn’t think you could get rid of me that easy,” she said back lightly hugging back before pushing me back from the embrace.

“Sorry…I shouldn’t of done that. I mean that’s why you had to leave yesterday right? Because I got too close,” I said embarrassed.

“It’s just that-“

“Um young lady,” my mom called from our porch. “I’m not finished talking to you.”

“Mom-“

“Krystal go back inside. I’ll wait,” A.J. told me.

“I would like to know who you are,” my mom said to her.

“A friend,” I said walking back to my mom.

 

I pulled my mom inside the house with me.

 

“Krystal what is going on? Is he from school? Is he really just a friend?”

“That is A.J. Liu.”

“Liu? Dr. Liu’s kid? Isn’t that the one you said saved you that day?” she asked trying to remember. 

“That was just a misunderstanding. I know her from school. She is Dr. Liu’s daughter,” I emphasized.

“Uh, sorry she just looked from a distance….”

“She’s used to it. But I should really go. We are going to school together,” I said grabbing my backpack.

“Am I not aloud to meet her?”

“Mom why is this a big deal? You wanted me to make friends here right? That’s what I’m doing.”

“What about breakfast? You skip too many meals.”

“I’m not hungry. I just want to go to school ok?”

“Now I know something is wrong with you. When have you ever been excited to go to school?” she asked.

“I’ll see you later mom,” I said walking back out the door with her following.

 

When we walked out A.J. came over to meet us on the porch. 

 

“Ms. Jung I would like to introduce myself,” she said kindly to my mom. “I’m A.J. I didn’t mean to show up unannounced like this. I’m sorry for being rude. I just wanted to offer to take Krystal to school. We are biology partners, and she has been helping me out a lot in class. And I’ve been showing her around town. I hope both of you are enjoying living here,” she finished smiling.

“Thank you for introducing yourself. I’ve gotten to work with your father at the hospital, and he is a very excellent doctor.”

“That’s very kind of you to say. He works very hard to do his best. All he has ever wanted to do is help people. He is a wonderful father to me, and my sibling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter