Encounter

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hello, thank you all for subscribing. I hope you enjoy reading the update. Keep letting me know what you think of the story.

 

Krystal's Pov

 

The next few days A.J. didn’t show up to school. I came into biology every day hoping to find her sitting at our desk, but each day she never showed. I tried to focus on school work, and my so called new friends, but my mind kept drifting back to her, and how angry she seemed. I couldn’t talk myself out of thinking that I was the reason she wasn’t coming to school. But none of it made any sense to me. She had never even spoken to me before. Thinking about how I could’ve offended her was driving me insane. After a week I had come to the conclusion that she was never coming back, and I would never get to know more about her. That upset me in more ways than one. After school one day I decided to walk around the town before heading home. I left my car at school, because I was just going to come back for it later. On the way to center of town I had to walk across a bridge. I was listening to my iPod, and looking down when I heard a screeching noise. I looked up and saw a truck spinning out of control heading straight for me. I backed up on reflex, and hit the railing of the bridge. My momentum caused me to begin to fall over it. I barely processed the river and rocks that were below me when I felt someone grab my wrist. The grip was vice like on my arm. I took a breath, and I was back on the bridge. I was sitting trying to process what happened when I noticed the hand was gone from my arm, and there was a figure crouched next to me. It was A.J. I was in shock. She pulled me up? 

 

“Are you kids ok? I called an ambulance,” the man who was driving the truck said coming over.

 

His truck had hit the railing, and the front was damaged.

 

“Do you need medical attention?” he asked A.J. as she stood up.

“No, she just fell trying to get out of the way,” she told him in an eerie tone of voice.

“She fell,” he repeated.

“I was never here.”

“You weren’t here,” he agreed.

“What the hell are you talking about,” I said loudly.

“You just fell,” she repeated turning to look me in the eye.

“I went over the rail and you saved me.”

“No you didn’t. You jumped out of the way,” she said sternly coming closer.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked confused.

 

She looked concerned, but it didn’t seem like it had to do with me.

 

“I hear the ambulance,” the man said causing me to look at him.

 

When I glanced back to where A.J. was just standing it was empty. She was gone. Am I really losing my mind or what?

 

 

At the Hospital

 

“Krystal! What happened? Are you hurt?” my mom asked coming into the exam room I was in. 

“I’m ok mom,” I said trying to clam her.

“Someone told me that they were bringing you in,” she said looking me over.

“It was just a freak accident.”

“Ms. Jung, I hear that you took a spill,” a doctor said entering the room.

 

He looked like he had come straight out of a GQ magazine. Even in that ugly white doctor’s coat  he was gorgeous. I just zoned out staring at him, until I saw the name badge.

 

“Liu?”

“Yes Krystal this is Dr. Liu,” my mom said.

“A.J. saved me,” I said without thinking.

“Krystal I need you to follow the light with your eyes ok?” he said calmly using a small flash light.

 

I did as he asked.

 

“It doesn’t look like you have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter