Uniform

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Next Day

 

 

“Krystal do you know what this is all about?” my mom asked waking me up.

“What?” I groaned rubbing my eyes.

“I found this on the front porch when I went to get the paper. Do you know who left it?” she asked holding up the hanger that the uniform was on.

“Oh that,” I said sitting up nervously.

“Is this for a project you are doing or something?” she asked.

“Yes, exactly. It’s for a history project. Someone in my group dropped it off for me.”

“Oh well that makes sense. I just thought that it was strange when I found it,” she said laying it down on my bed. “Breakfast will be ready soon,” she said leaving the room.

 

Feeling frazzled I got up quickly and looked out the window wondering if A.J. was there. I didn’t see anything and headed to the bathroom to wash my face. Why would she leave her uniform on the front porch? While I was still thinking about it I came back into my room to find A.J. leaning against my dresser.

 

“Ah,” I gasped surprised. “Why are you trying to scare me?” I asked closing the door behind me.

“In all fairness you left the window unlocked,” she said smiling.

“But I’m not dressed yet. Oh chivalrous one,” I said a little embarrassed.

“You’re right. This was inappropriate of me,” she said glancing at what I was wearing, before quickly turning around.

 

In her quick movement she looked almost clumsy. This was the first time I had ever really seen her appear awkward. It was very humorous to me. But I did feel a little too exposed at what I was wearing. In just a camisole and a pair of small cotton shorts it was very different from the jeans, and long sleeve shirts I normally wore around her.

 

“I will leave,” she said making a move for the window.

“Wait,” I said on reflex. “Just stay here, and I will change in the bathroom, and then come back.”

“I am very sorry for this,” she said still facing away from me.

 

I left and came back dressed, and she was still facing the wall.

 

“You can turn around now. It’s all clear,” I chuckled.

 

She slowly turned around with her hand over her eyes.

 

“Ok you’ve proven your point,” I said slowly taking her hand away from her face.

“I really am sorry. I shouldn’t have just barged in like that.”

“No harm done. It’s not like I don’t want to see you.”

“All I could think about was you since I left you last night,” she admitted.

“Um…” I exhaled. “Not sleeping does seem rather ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter