Proximity

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

In front of Krystal’s House

 

“I had a fun time Onew,” I told him through the passenger window of his car.

“Good. I don’t really remember much but I feel like I had a good time too,” he said.

“See you at school,” I waved backing away.

“Bye,” he said driving off.

“Krystal I could’ve made him forget the whole night even happened,” A.J. said to me as we stood on the lawn.

“No, that isn’t right. I don’t want you to do that.”

“But it makes it easier for you. I can make him stay away from you.”

“Listen to yourself!” I yelled. “It’s not right to manipulate people like that. Even if it makes my life a little easier. I can tell him that I’m not interested in anything romantic. You don’t have to force him to stay away from me.”

“I just want to help you.”

“You are letting your emotions get the best of you. He barely did anything tonight, and I felt like you wanted to fight him.”

“Krystal I’ve been feeling all over the place recently. I think that-“

“Is someone yelling?” my mom asked opening the front door and surprising us.

“No mom. We were just talking. We are just coming back from the movies.”

“Well it’s getting late. I think you should come in,” she told me.

“Ok, just let me say goodbye,” I said as she went back in.

“I’ll go. I’m sorry for acting the way I did tonight. It was childish,” A.J. said.

“Go? No don’t go. I just said that for my mom. I’ll go up, and open the window to my room. Meet me up there.”

“What? But you have every right to be angry at me for my actions.”

“That doesn’t mean I want to be away from you.”

“Are you really sure that’s what you want?”

“Yes, so please don’t disappear.”

“Ok,” she agreed.

“Ok, see you up there,” I said going into the house.

 

Once inside I found my mom waiting for me.

 

“You went to see a movie with A.J.?” she asked.

“Yeah, and Onew. He’s another friend from school.”

“Oh. A boy? I haven’t really heard you mention any from school. You used to tell me about about all the boys you were interested in at your old school.”

“Mom I’m seventeen. I’m a little old for that.”

“Well no matter how old you are, I want you to feel like you can talk to me.”

“I’m really tired. It’s been a long day. I’m going to head up to bed ok?” 

“Ok sleep well,” she said as I headed upstairs.

 

Once I got in my room I went right to the window and opened it all the way. Then I went and took off my coat. I was tying my hair up when I heard a thud. A turned around and she was standing there, with the window closed behind her.

 

“Let me apologize again,” she began.

“I’m sorry for yelling. That wasn’t needed.”

“I need to be kept in check. Like I was saying my emotions have been all over the place. And I think the reason why is I have repressed them for so long that I don’t know how to handle it now that I have decided to feel again.”

“You stopped feeling?” I asked.

“Yes. Since vampires feel so strongly anyway I chose to dull everything. I was trying to avoid the pain, but that meant losing the good feelings too. But with you I can’t help but feel so much. Even at the little things you do. That’s why I think that I was so quick to jealousy tonight. And I’m sorry. It’s just some of things he said really ticked me off. Particularly the part about wanting to be a gentleman. He doesn’t know the true meaning of the word,” she said looking at my floor.

“And what does it mean to be a gentleman?” I asked walking closer.

“Well people today think that if you open a door or offer a hand for support then it makes you one. But that is because people don’t know how to truly respect women.”

“Oh and you do,” I said smiling.

“I didn’t say that,” she said embarrassed.

“But I bet you were thinking it. Don’t be embarrassed. You don’t have to be in front of me. And besides having to ignore me at certain times because of your secret, you have done nothing but show me the utmost respect. And you’re right, not many people do that nowadays,” I said looking at her.

“I just spent so many years trying to inhabit the qualities of being a gentlemen. I’ve seen so many women be mistreated, and taken advantage of. It sickens me to think about it. Some of the guys I knew in the army would be so nice to girl, but all he really wanted was to go to bed with her. Respecting women is about treating them equally, not like they are breakable. You shouldn’t treat them like you are helping them do something that they couldn’t do on their own. Do I pull out your chair, and do I carry your bag? Yes, but because I’m trying to make things easier for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter