Chapter Eight: Realization (when the light bulb turns on)

어제, 오늘, 내일...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the apology and reintroduction life in the dorm and between the boys had regained some semblance of normalcy. Taehyung and Namjoon were still a little awkward around one another; each a little too conscious of the other’s presence. But there was no more shouting, no more crying, and no more stealth ninja avoidance matches.  

While one storm had settled, another was quietly and steadily brewing in the wind, patiently waiting for the day of its unleashing. This storm was different because it was not being driven by a war of words, or foolish actions meant to set another on edge. This storm was brewing inside the emotions of two very different boys, who are dealing with the same problem, but in very different ways.

Namjoon is once again lost in thought, replaying the night on the couch in his head he unconsciously smiles to himself as he remembers Taehyung’s joke about finding a Kim in Korea. He likes that the boy remembers their first meeting and uses his words against him. He replays Taehyung’s smile and warmth of the boy’s body when they hug afterward. He remembers the scent of Taehyung’s hair and recalls thinking how ironic it was that the color and the smell didn’t match. The younger boy is currently sporting lavender colored locks, which oddly enough smelled like strawberries.

Namjoon had in the last few weeks been rehashing that night in his head, as though it were on loop in the DVR that was his brain. He wishes with all his heart that he knew why he kept thinking about that night or that boy. Nothing unusual or spectacular happened that night, but his world felt like it was at peace just because of those moments sitting on the couch laughing with a purple haired alien. As he sits thinking about his dilemma, he puts pen to paper and begins writing down what he is feeling. Words like confusion, touch, smell, laughter, and lips float about the paper, and as Namjoon pens the song, he realizes almost immediately who the song is about.

Well, f**k! This is going to be a problem

 

Taehyung is not one to let things bother him. For the most part, he shrugs off unwanted feelings. He doesn’t like conflict unless it is fun like playing rock, paper, scissors with Jimin to see who has to help Jin in the kitchen. Or faking sick so he so he doesn’t have to work-out. But lately the younger man has been dealing with feelings that he cannot, no matter how hard he tries, shrug off. These feeling revolve around one blonde leader, with a deep voice, dimpled cheeks, and a still very focused personality.

 

“Whatcha doing?” Jungkook crawls into bed beside Taehyung.

“Nothing. Just thinking,” Taehyung answers still a little spaced out.

“Careful not to hurt yourself by doing too much of that,” Jungkook says with a grin, which earns him a well-deserved hit on the head by Taehyung’s stuffed lion.

“Yah! So disrespectful to your hyung.” Taehyung laughs as he says it; they both know that most days Jungkook acts older than him.

Jungkook is smiling at him, but his eyes look thoughtful.

“Is something bothering you, hyung? You seem so distracted lately? Are you and Namjoon hyung okay? You both still seem a little weird around each other.” Jungkook may be the youngest, and he may look like he’s lost in space at times, but he is very, very observant.

Right now Taehyung thinks the youngest member is too alert.

“Yeah, we’re good. I do still feel awkward around him, a little. I feel sorry that I made him so angry.” Taehyung is halfway honest.

“That hyung doesn’t hold a grudge. If he says he forgives you, then he does. Don’t try too hard, just be yourself, Namjoon hyung always comes around.” The younger boy smiles at Taehyung.

“Jimin-ah and I are going to the store to get ice cream. Wanna come?”

“Yah! Brat! I heard that!” Jimin yells from the doorway.

“I know, I saw you,” Jungkook says matter-a-fact, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. He is not sure why, but he loves to mess with Jimin, he can’t help it when the older boy makes it so easy.

Jimin grabs the youngest boy by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter