Chapter Three: Collide (when the focused and the unfocused meet)

어제, 오늘, 내일...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As much as it hurt Namjoon's pride to admit, Taehyung did have a deep voice. Not just deep, but the kind of voice that if honed could lead the listener to any emotional state it chose. Taehyung's voice could emit extreme sadness, or bring the hearer to the acme of happiness, by something as simple as a slight shift in tone.

His first day in the studio left his fellow members slack-jawed. Wondering, how it was possible for such beautiful sound to come out of the mouth of the boy that slept with plush animals, and had an addiction to animes and mangas. The boy who on his fourth night in the dorm had been caught having a romantic dialog with his laundry. 

Beautiful, soulful voice, notwithstanding, on most days Namjoon had to fight the urge to duck tape the younger boy in place. If only to get him to focus. Taehyung reminded Namjoon of his least favorite cartoon character ever, Dug, the dog in Disney's very popular movie, UP. It wasn't that Namjoon necessarily had anything against, Dug. He was fine as far as cartoon dogs go, it was Dug's inability to stay focused on any one thing that irritated Namjoon. Much like Dug, Taehyung had what Namjoon could only describe as a look squirrel personality. Everything would be okay, and then the wind would blow (as the wind is prone to do), and immediately Taehyung would turn into a golden retriever that just saw a squirrel.

The members had taken to just randomly saying squirrel, any time the boy was distracted.

They said squirrel A LOT.

The boy's lack of focus was going to be a problem. One that Namjoon was going to have a very hard time dealing with.

"Would you just be still and listen!" He hadn't meant to raise his voice, but the constant movement and constant need to talk had Namjoon barely hanging on his last nerve. 

Taehyun's bottom lip pushed out in the pout that Namjoon's outbursts always brought. The older boy turns to him with glaring eyes.

"We are never going to get this done if you don't focus Taehyung. Do you want to stay in this studio forever? Don't you like sleep?" Namjoon tried, rather unsuccessfully to calm his rutted nerves. 

"Yup. I like it in here; it's cozy." Taehyung grins, knowing that he is pushing his very meticulous leader over the edge. "Plus, there is enough room to sleep comfortably in here, hyung." 

Namjoon wants nothing more than to knock the toothy grin off of the boy's face. But for reasons he has yet to understand, the thought of hurting Taehyung, no matter how much he deserves, always leaves Namjoon finding another option.

"Taehying-ah, please j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter