Chapter Seven: Truce (when establishing common ground)

어제, 오늘, 내일...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung is shaken up after the encounter in the practice room. He wasn’t expecting to run into Namjoon. He wasn’t prepared to face the older boy. Taehyung still feels guilty about his behavior; how he used the things he knew Namjoon hated to bait him. Genuinely Taehyung had not meant to break the leader; the goal was never to put the older boy even more on edge. Taehyung just wanted Namjoon to see how tightly wound he was. Okay, yes, a relaxed Namjoon, meant a happier Taehyung, but now he wished he’d never come up with the stupid plan in the first place.

He can’t even begin to explain how he felt when the leader showed him the door, or how his heart sank when Namjoon said that the team was better without him. Even now the words burn. Taehyung has only been with them for a few months, but in that short time they had become his family, and he can’t imagine his life without them.

If Taehyung was honest with himself, this wasn’t the real reason he couldn’t face Namjoon. None of the above scenarios were the cause of him blushing the color of a tomato when in the other boy’s presence. No, that reaction had just one cause: Namjoon’s hands on his face, wiping his tears.

That interaction had left the younger boy with feelings that he was more than a little confused by. He can't understand where such a gentle and caring gesture came from when only moments before the older boy had basically told him to get out of his life. It wasn’t just the warmth of Namjoon’s hand on his skin, that was bothersome. Or the fact that even now just thinking about it, he can feel the ghost of older boy's touch on his face. It was also the look in Namjoon's eyes at the moment of contact, Namjoon looked, he looked, sad, broken, and confused. The memory of the hurt in Namjoon's eyes is ripping Taehyun apart just knowing that he is the cause of the pain is the worse kind of punishment the younger boy could ever imagine. The thought brought a burning to Taehyung’s eyes and he wiped at the salted tears as they fell down his face.

Taehyung was so lost in his mind he didn’t hear the front door open, nor did hear the footsteps of the two older boys as they approached. Only when it was too late for retreat did Taehyung become aware of his present set of circumstances.

“Taehyung, why are you still awake?” Yoongi asked.

The younger boy turned in the direction of the voice only to make eye contact with none other than, Kim Namjoon. He quickly turns around hiding the red that has once again colored his skin, while trying desperately to wipe away the errant tears that stain his face.

“What’s the matter? Why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere?” The voice bombarding him with questions is filled with urgent concern. 

The way it sound of the older man's voice sits in the pit of Taehyung’s stomach and causes a whirlwind in the deepest parts of his soul. He can’t bring himself to look at Namjoon, but he can feel the older boy staring at him, and with all his heart Taehyung wishes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter