Chapter Five: Unseen (when focus is under attack)

어제, 오늘, 내일...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon feels like a bundle of nerves, and he doesn't understand why. It's not that he is unemotional; it's just that he is used to having a certain amount of control over how he feels. But lately he's been on edge; it feels similar to the dragging of fingernails along a chalkboard. He can't quite put his finger on what has him so turned around, but he can point his finger at who is leading the revolution against his emotional state, Kim Taehyung. The younger boy has an invisible stronghold over Namjoon's emotions, power over the older boy, which Namjoon does not remember relinquishing to the younger. 

It is as though Taehyung has figured out how to blow holes in Namjoon’s very well constructed walls, and it is making the leader feel all kinds of crazy. Namjoon would be somewhat okay if his only problem were Taehyung's attack on his mental reserve, he knows he would be able to rebound from that.

But Namjoon’s problems are bigger than that.

Taehyun affects him physically too. He thinks about the younger boy regularly. And it is grating against the fabric of his soul. It started about a month ago when, Taehyung ran his tongue across his lips, slow and almost deliberately, that movement sent an electric shock through Namjoon’s core. The image of a plump pink tongue moistening chapped red lips has been permanently burned into Namjoon’s mind. He sees the imagine whenever he closes his eyes.  

The older boy can't understand his attraction. 

It’s not that Namjoon has never been attracted to another person before. It’s just that those persons have always been girls. Cute girls, in skinny jeans, high-tops, and long hair pulled back in a ponytail, girls with their soft skin, perky s, and cute butts. Kim Taehyung (as far as Namjoon can tell) is NOT a girl. 

“Namjoon, are you listening to me?” Jin snaps his fingers in front of Namjoon's face bringing him back to reality.

“Sorry hyung, just have a lot on my mind.” The leader says, still a little distracted.

“Anything I can do to help? I know you’re the leader, but that doesn’t mean you have to handle everything on your own. We are a team.” Jin says.

The older boy reminded Namjoon of a mother hen. Always worrying about the younger kids, making sure they eat, sleep, and take care of their health.

“Nah, but thanks, hyung. Did you need me for something?”

“I asked, what’s going on with you and Taehyung? You two seem to be having a private war.”

Namjoon stiffens at the probing of the older boy. Private war? He’ll admit he’s somewhat short with Taehyung, but the kid can’t sit still to save his life. However, Namjoon wouldn’t go as far as calling it a war.

“War hyung? I know that I may be a bit short tempered with him, but I don’t dislike him or anything. I am most definitely not at war with Taehyung.”

But Namjoon was wrong he was in a war, and not just the battle of his growing attraction to the younger boy. But a war that had been waged to break down his strongholds. A battle that he didn’t even realize he was fighting. 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************

 

“Jimin-ah, have you seen my pink and white striped t-shirt?”

“Nah, hyung. Did you check your dirty clothes hamper?”

“Yes, but it’s not there,” Namjoon swears he saw the shirt just yesterday.

Namjoon's not going to lie; he's upset. It’s his good luck shirt; he wears it when he records, and will throw it on, on days like today wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter