Chapter One: Anticipation (when plans don't go as planned)

어제, 오늘, 내일...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All love stories have a beginning. A place, a juncture in time where you can say, "that was it, that was when I knew..." For Namjoon, that moment was January 1st, 2005. That was the day an alien landed on his planet and forever turned his well-organized world upside down. Kim Taehyung was not expected, not even wanted. Not even on the day of his arrival in Namjoon's orbit was he welcomed (even if looking back it was the moment that Namjoon knew his heart had been stolen). 

Kim Namjoon has always been focused. He has always known which direction he was meant to go. He had mapped out his life; working in strategies for dealing unexpected contingencies. He had a plan and was determined to see it through to completion. 

The plan: At fifteen break into his dream industry, done. At twenty-five become a musician that was known for his innovation and genius, in progress.  At thirty-five have his own entertainment studio, where he'd mold the best of the best, currently laying the groundwork. 

To see this dream to fruition, he was willing to sacrifice. While his friends played sports and video games, he locked himself in his room furiously writing lyrics and perfecting his flow. While others went on dates and chased girls, he chased his dreams. With battle after battle in the underground music scene. Using his mic as a weapon of mass destruction, stomping on his opponents and shooting bullets at the naysayers. Namjoon was focused. 

Kim Taehyung has never been focused. In fact, you could go as far as saying that he did not know the meaning of the word (or more precisely chose not to). Taehyung did not have his life mapped out, as far as he was concerned the sky was the limit. If he wanted to be a CEO today, and an underwater basket weaver tomorrow, well, that was the purpose of life, wasn't it? He loved the randomness that each day brought, the uncertainty of it all. The excitement of never knowing what could be around the next bend. However, don't mistake this lack of focus, for a lack of a goal. Kim Taehyung had a goal. 

His goal experience all life had to offer. He never wanted to live confined to four walls, he never wanted to box himself in. So when his friends played sports and video games, he played too. Enjoying the friendship and the comradery. When he realized that girls (and guys) admired his well-structured face, piercing brown eyes, and boxy smile, he allowed them to chase. Heck, he even chased a few, just because sometimes it was more fun to catch, then be caught. He used his smile and his quirky personality as means of bridging the gap between the known and the unknown. Taehyung was not focused.

"Namjoon-ah, I need to talk to you a minute," his producer waved him into his office after a recording session.

Namjoon's plan was well on its way. In just a couple years in the underground scene, he had made a name for himself and built up a reputation for being a killer on the mic. Earning him the title, Rapmonster. He didn't put much stock in the title, after all, his goal was not to be the "monster" of rap, but the "king". He did, however, concede to the fact that Rapking, just didn't have the same ring. 

About a year and a half in the underground, he was approached by one of the more reputable labels Hits Entertainment, INC. Namjoon, never really wanted to be seen as a sellout, but he was also smart enough to know that having a label backing his work, was the quickest means of achieving his goals. Capital and money would spread his name further, wider, and faster. So, he signed on the dotted line. 

For the next seven years, he would be under the control of Hits Entertainment. He was slated to be the leader and main rapper in Bangtan, a six-member "boy band", that would incorporate hip/hop and popular music. The words, "boy band" always brought an involuntary eye roll to Namjoon. The words were the very opposite of how he wanted to be seen. However, there was a silver lining, he was allowed to write and produce HIS

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter