Chapter Four: Breaking (when change fights back )

어제, 오늘, 내일...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung is feeling restless. He pulls on his favorite gray hoodie, dragging the hood over his head, and goes out for a walk. As he strolls, he ponders his current state. Originally the thought of being a singer had been something exciting, something new. The thought of his name in lights and his face plastered on the side of a bus seemed too good to pass up. Plus he enjoys it and loves his hyungs and Jungkook. But he feels a little trapped. He needs to breath; he is craving the freedom he used to have. He'd like nothing more at this moment than to pack his bags and head into the great unknown, not forever of course.

He's just tired. Not of the sleepy variety, but more along the lines of a slow building exasperation that bangs in the back of his brain to the tune of, Kim Namjoon. The tall blonde leader whose favorite pastime as far as Taehyung can tell seems to be scowling his displeasure with the younger.

Taehyung will admit he is not the most focused person in the world, but the leader is sometimes too focused. He doesn't bend; there is no room for compromise. It is either his way or no way at all. Oddly this rule seems only to apply to Taehyung. The leader will listen to every other member, even Jungkook, who is two years younger than Taehyung (seriously even the maknae is treated better). But the moment Taehyung opens his mouth, the older boy shuts him down, like a guillotine chopping off the head of the accused.

Kim Taehyung has had enough. 

He still remembers the scolding he got from the older, just two weeks ago when all he had done was to ask if the other wanted ice cream. Okay granted they were recording at the time. But it was ice cream. Taehyung can't help the chuckle that escapes him at the memory of Namjoon replaying the song he was singing at the time, 'Look Here'. Only to hear "How could these words come out so easily, like reading a book. Somewhere I feel like you're similar to me -- Hyung? Want to get ice cream?"

Now the younger is outright laughing, to the point of tears forming in his eyes. How did Namjoon not find that funny? 

The older boy seriously needs to unwind and relax. He is wound way to tightly. So tight Taehyung fears that when he snaps, a particular red-headed alien will bear the brunt of his wrath. 

It is at that moment that the light bulb goes off in Taehyung's mind. Maybe, just maybe what the leader needed was to be less, focused. God knows it's what Taehyung needs him to be. 

Taehyung needs a plan. A plan to free Namjoon from his chains, because that's wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter