four

Gloves and Syringes

The car ride was quiet, which annoyed Khun. He was expecting her to shout at him and hit him again, but the girl stayed quiet. Jiwon was too furious to bicker with him. She didn’t want to skip class because she needed to succeed. She only has 5 years of general and pediatric studies/training ahead of her, and she’s wasting one precious day to go out with the brat. She also regretted throwing her bread to the trash because she was extremely hungry now. Her stomach suddenly growled as she sighed in frustration.

 

“Someone’s hungry,” Nichkhun smirked at her.

 

“Shut up.”

 

Jiwon’s face clearly showed that she was upset. Nichkhun realized it and felt a bit bad. One, for kidnapping her, and two, for making her skip class. To him, it wasn’t a familiar feeling to feel bad for someone. It’s amazing how Jiwon could do that.

 

“Don’t be too upset, it’s just one day. I’ll make a legit excuse for you anyways,” Nichkhun said.

 

“I can’t afford to miss even one day of classes. I know you don’t care about your future, but I care about mine. Just drop me of here.” Jiwon replied.

 

“I do care about my future. Don’t judge me too quickly.” He retorted.

 

“Like I said yesterday, I know enough to judge you. You’re going to graduate and work in SIM hospital even if you skip the whole year anyways. You’re a Choi, you basically own the place.”

 

Nichkhun chuckled.

 

“I thought you were the one to say that I don’t own what belongs to my parents?” 

 

“Logically, that’s true. But realistically, your parents love you so much.”  Jiwon said spitefully.

 

Nichkhun agreed with her. His parents love him too much.

 

“If you were in my shoes, I’m sure your parents would do the same thing.” Nichkhun replied.

 

Jiwon let out a bitter chuckle.

 

“They don’t even know what love is.”

 

“Don’t say that-

 

“My parents are different from yours, different from most parents. They’re dead to me anyways.”

 

“Hey, if you say that, they’ll really be gone.”

 

“Then I’ll be happy. I won’t get calls from them telling me to come home and get married to a son of a rich investor!” Jiwon said, each word reminding her of her ty parents.

 

Nichkhun was speechless. He didn’t know what do say because there wasn’t anything to say. He knew from what she had said that she didn’t want to pitied.

 

Maybe that’s why she left her parents’ information blank…

 

The tension broke as the car came to a jolting stop.

 

“We have arrived, young master,” Mr. Kim said.

 

“A-Ah, okay. Let’s get out then.” Nichkhun said.

 

Both of them got out of the car and started walking. Jiwon stopped thinking about her stupid parents as the thought of her hunger got in the way.

 

“Where are we even going?” Jiwon said as she broke the silence.

 

“Well I haven’t eaten since this morning, so we’re getting something to eat.” Nichkhun replied.

 

To be honest, Jiwon got a bit excited when Nichkhun said ‘eat’ because she was definitely hungry. They kept walking and walking until Nichkhun stopped in front of a fancy Italian restaurant. Jiwon felt disgusted when she saw the place. It reminds her of her young days when her parents would force her to eat here with them and also the time they introduced her to her set-up ex-fiancé. There was no way she wanted eat here.

 

“I’m not going in.” Jiwon said.

 

Nichkhun turned to her and gave her a look.

 

“This is one of the best fine-dinning Italian restaurant in the country. How could you not want to eat here?!” He exclaimed.

 

“Because it’s too fancy and filled with annoying rich people.” She replied.

 

“Are you saying I’m annoying?!” Nichkhun asked, which Jiwon replied with a nod.

 

Just as Nichkhun was about to say something, someone bumped into him.

 

“Watch where you’re going . Don’t ing block the entrance.” The guy said.

 

Nichkhun did not just believe what he heard. This piece of did not just say that.

 

Jiwon immediately recognized the voice and panicked. , , . She turned around and started walking away.

 

Nichkhun who caught Jiwon walking yelled at her.

 

“Song Jiwon! Why are you leaving me!? Come back you idiot!”

 

This ing … Jiwon cursed him out in her mind as she slowly turned around.

 

 "Jiwon?” The guy suddenly said.

 

FML