eleven

Gloves and Syringes

After their little brunch together, they decided to walk around some shops before heading back. Nichkhun dragged Jiwon into a snapback shop and looked around. Jiwon wasn’t really into hats so she just picked up random hats around the room and put them back. On the other hand, Nichkhun was ecstatic. He loves wearing snapbacks and coming into shops like this was like heaven on earth for him.

 

“Yah, are you done? You’ve already got more than enough hats in that shopping bag.” Jiwon said from behind.

 

Nichkhun stopped in his tracks and took out a green beanie with ears and put it on Jiwon.

 

“What the-

 

“It suits you.” 

 

Jiwon froze in her spot as she replayed in her head what had just happened. Nichkhun had to pinch her cheeks to bring her back to reality. Jiwon snapped out of her thoughts and took the beanie off.

 

“I already have a beanie. I don’t need another one.” She said.

 

“But this one has ears!” Khun replied, “And I got another one with my favorite color to match yours.”

 

“How did you know green was my favorite color?” Jiwon asked.

 

“Your room is green, your laptop case is green, your pencil case and everything inside is green, most of your shoes are green, your-

 

“Okay, okay. I got it.”

 

“I’ll pay it for you. See it as a thank you gift for me to you.” Nichkhun said as he walked towards the cashier.

 

“Thanks for what?” Jiwon asked.

 

“Staying with you and sleeping on your bed for the rest of my life~” he teased.

 

Jiwon rolled her eyes and smiled. She almost completely forgot about that.

 

After paying, they both decided to head back home.

 

“Did you smell something bad when we were walking around? Or like even now? Cause I’ve been smelling this awful stench from earlier.” Nichkhun asked.

 

“Oh, I think that’s just me. I haven’t taken a shower you know.” Jiwon replied.

 

“You must be joking. No way you didn’t take a shower before going outside.” He said.

 

“Wanna smell me?” Jiwon asked.

 

Nichkhun looked at the girl beside him in disgust and distanced himself with her.  

 

“You have serious hygiene issues.”

 

Hours passed and it was finally nighttime. Nichkhun jumped on Jiwon’s bed and got under the covers. He was actually kind of excited to sleep next to Jiwon since he could in the morning about her ‘sleeping habits.’ Meanwhile, Jiwon was in the bathroom, contemplating on what to do. She made a plan, which was to move to the couch as soon as Khun slept. So Jiwon went out of the bathroom and acted casually.

 

“You’re a fashion terrorist even when you sleep,” Nichkhun said as he saw what she was wearing.

 

Jiwon wore her usual white t-shirt and neon green pajama pants. She didn’t really understand what Khun meant by fashion terrorist and was too nervous to question him.

 

“Remember, if you cross the body pillow, I will chop that baby-maker of yours.” Jiwon said as she got under the covers, “and don’t forget your deal.”

 

Nichkhun nodded while setting up his alarm on his phone. They both said goodnight to each other before drifting off to sleep.

 

Half an hour later, Jiwon woke up and poked Nichkhun’s sides to see if he was really asleep. No reaction came so she got off her bed and opened the door. She grabbed a blanket from the fresh laundry pile and lay down on the couch before falling asleep.

 

Nichkhun’s alarm rang and he woke up instantly. He stretched his arms out before looking to the other side of the bed, expecting to see a sleeping Jiwon, but instead, it was empty. It’s only 7 in the morning… and class doesn’t start until 11… Nichkhun thought as he wondered where Jiwon might be. Meanwhile, Jiwon was uncomfortably sleeping on the couch. Her back ached the first 15 minutes but quickly got used to it due to the sleepiness. Her plan was to wake up at her usual time and go to work before Khun woke up, but she was too tired to so. When Nichkhun went out of the bedroom to search for Jiwon, he saw a small figure sleeping on the couch snoring heavily. Suddenly, a rush of confusion and anger erupted him as he walked towards the sleeping Jiwon and pulled the blanket away from her. Jiwon opened her eyes and immedietly sat up due to the shock. 

 

“Yah! Why the hell?!” Jiwon yelled with a hoarse voice. She was pissed at his sudden actions, but quickly looked away when she realized her plan had failed.

 

“The question that should be asked is why the hell are you sleeping in that uncomfortable couch rather than in that really nice bed of yours?” Nichkhun asked.

 

Jiwon needed to quickly think of an excuse so that he won’t laugh at her for her real excuse.

 

“I woke up in the middle of the night because it was so cold… I moved to the couch since it was warmer.”

 

“Oh sure, the room with an opened window is much more warmer than a room with no window. When I walked in here, chills ran down my back because of how insanely cold it was.”

 

Jiwon bite her slips before trying another excuse.

 

“Well it was your fault for crossing over the body pillow-

 

“I don’t move around when I sleep.”

 

“You hogged the covers-

 

“I woke up without them on me.”

 

“You were snoring too-

 

“I don’t snore as loud as you do. Is it really hard for you tell the truth?”

 

Before Jiwon could answer, her phone’s alarm rang and she cursed herself when she what time it was. She was supposed to already be on the bus towards the kindergarten by now, but overslept because of the stupid couch. So she quickly ran to the bathroom, leaving a confused and still angered Nichkhun alone.  

 

Jiwon took a quick shower and did her usual morning routine before putting on a blue button up long-sleeve shirt with a beige sweater on top and a pair of her black jeggings. When she got out of the bathroom, she bumped into Khun’s chest before stumbling back.

 

“Woa… what are you doing here? I really need to hurr-

“You didn’t answer my question yet. Why are you already dressed up anyways? Class doesn’t start until 11.” Nichkhun said.

 

Jiwon slipped in between him and the door before running inside her bedroom and getting her stuff to go out. She put her laptop inside her laptop bag and grabbed her Nike sack-bag before heading out of her room. Nichkhun was getting impatient by the minute. He was pissed at his unanswered questions.

 

“Are you really that desperate to avoid my questions?” Nichkhun asked again while looking at Jiwon who was opening the fridge.

 

Before she could chug the orang juice down, Khun took it from her and poured it inside a mug.

 

“Didn’t you hear what I said?” He asked, giving the Jiwon the mug.

 

Jiwon drank the juice before answering him.

 

“Did you forget that I have a part-time job? I thought you read my file.”

 

Nichkhun made an ‘O’ shape with his mouth, but wasn’t quite done with her just yet.

 

“Since you’ve answered that question, tell me the real reason why you slept on the couch last night. Don’t try and make some stupid excuse again.”

 

Jiwon put the mug in the sink and put her arms on her waist.

 

“I… I’m not used to sleeping next to someone so I freaked okay. And since it was you, I freaked out even more.” Jiwon confessed as she walked away from him.

 

“Wait, what do you mean you freaked out even more because it was me?” Nichkhun asked.

 

Jiwon ignored that question and out on her Ugg boots and her coat.

 

“Is it because your heart flutters when you see me? And you get all sweaty because of my hotness?” Nichkhun smirked.

 

Jiwon rolled her eyes before opening the door.

 

“See you in hell Khun!” She yelled before closing the door. 

 

Thanks for the support guys! Keep subscribing, commenting, and enjoy~