one

Gloves and Syringes

Jiwon took a seat at the 2nd last row of the small auditorium as the professor finished his lecture. There was around 25 students in the auditorium, some taking notes and others either sleeping or playing games.

 

“The assignment that will be due a week from now is a paper on child growth. It shouldn’t be difficult for you since I had just wasted 50 minutes of my time explaining to you about it. The paper should contain everything about a child’s growth physically and psychologically.” The professor said as he cleaned up his desk.

 

Jiwon quickly took notes of the assignment as she cursed herself for being late again. She’s missed a whole lecture on child growth and now needs one of her classmates’ notes to copy. She hated asking people for help, but she needs to get a good grade on this paper after her she almost flunked the last one.

 

When the bell rang, everyone stood up and walked to the next class. Jiwon walked quickly to the lab as the others took their time. She sat at the very back of the lab as usual as she waited for the other students to walk in. Much to her surprise, there were actually twice as much of students entering the lab. Some new faces in this case. There were not enough seats for everyone, so the guys volunteered to stand up as they gave their seats to the girls. When everyone was already settled in, the professor entered the room.

 

“Good morning class. You may know be wondering why there are twice as much students in today’s lab class. Well, we are going to start a partnered lab project that will last the entire year!” The professor exclaimed.

 

Everyone in the room was excited as they started to whisper to each other. The only one uninterested was Jiwon.

 

“Silence children,” the professor said, “The point of this project is to understand childr-

 

Suddenly the door slammed open as a tall figure casually walked in. Everyone knew who it was, girls started squealing, and the only one clueless about the situation was none other than Song Jiwon.

“Mr. Choi! You are late to my class!” The professor yelled.

 

The male did not respond as he calmly walked towards the back seats.

 

“Your parents might own this institution, but you have no right to be this disrespectful towards your teachers.”

 

Nichkhun rolled his eyes as he ignored the professor. As he walked towards the back, he could here giggles and squeals from the girls in class. Oh how he hated those stupid delusional giggles and squeals. They even think they have a chance with him! He really wanted to throw a book at them, but he didn’t want to cause the professor any more ‘trouble.’ When he stopped to sit down, he saw that there was already a petite girl sitting down with her head on the desk. This day can’t get any more annoying can it.

 

“Get out of my seat,” Nichkhun said sternly, turning everyone’s eyes to him.

 

Jiwon, who was resting her head on the desk, looked up to the annoying voice. She was met with a deathly glare.

 

“Excuse me?” She asked.

 

Everyone gasped at what Jiwon had just done. No one, I mean NO ONE, has ever retorted back at Nichkhun. Even the professor was worried for Jiwon. She’s going to get kicked out.

 

Nichkhun was honestly quite surprised. Never in his life has anyone, even a girl, retort to him.

 

She’s interesting... He thought.

 

“I was asking you nicely you little brat. Get out of my damn seat before I make you.”

 

Everyone was hoping that she would just do what he says. They don’t really know Jiwon that well and hope for the best.

“That wasn’t asking you . And I’m not getting out this damn seat because I sat here first.”

 

“Well my parents own this damn school thus meaning, that seat is mine.”

 

“Your parents own the school, not you. So you technically don’t own anything here.”

 

“Stop pissing me off and scram. Their money is my money.”

 

“How is it your money if you didn’t work your off for it? I’m sorry to burst your bubble but I’m staying in this seat.”

 

“Get the fuc-

 

“Choi Nichkhun! Song Jiwon! If you both don’t shut up this instance, I will have to cut your semester grades in half.” The professor interrupted. 

 

“But she won’t get out of my damn seat!” Nichkhun replied.

 

“Stop being childish Mr. Choi! Just stand at the back with the other guys.”

 

“Don’t tell me-

 

“You know what? Take this goddamn seat. I’m tired of listening to your immaturity.” Jiwon interrupted.

 

She got out of her seat and stood with the other guys while Nichkhun just stared in disbelief.

 

“I got out of my seat now sit. God you’re so annoying.” Jiwon said.

 

“Stop pissing me-

 

“QUIET BOTH OF YOU” The professor exclaimed as the whole class jumped in shock.

“We wasted 15 minutes hearing you both yelling at each other. This is medical school, grow up already.”

 

After that, the professor continues explaining about the year project. Jiwon and Nichkhun were still annoyed as both of them didn’t listen to whatever the professor was saying.

 

“I’m about to show you a list of the groups. Don’t complain if you don’t like who you get. Just work with them.”

 

Everyone was anxious to see who they got. Most girls were hoping to get Nichkhun, even after that whole scene. Jiwon just hope she got someone that could work.

 

As he the over-head projector, the names started to show. Some yelled in excitement and some groaned in disappointment. When Jiwon saw the name besides hers, she knew that the year would become hell on earth for her.

 

Song Jiwon / Choi Nichkhun