ten

Gloves and Syringes

As Nichkhun unpacked his things, Jiwon suddenly realized the most legit reason to why he can’t stay here: there’s only one bedroom.

 

“STOP UNPACKING!” Jiwon yelled, startling Khun as he dropped his biology textbook.

 

“Repack your things; you can’t stay here.”

 

“Are we going through this again? I told you-

 

“There’s only one bedroom head.”

 

Khun starred at her before looking around for another room. Like she said, there was only one bedroom.

 

“I can sleep on the couch,” he suggested.

 

“It's going to be covered in your saliva so no.” She replied.

 

“Your room is big enough for me to put another bed you know…”

 

“My room's off limits.” Jiwon asked.

 

“Let me sleep on your bed then! It’s huge as .” Khun replied.

 

Jiwon shook her head while walking towards the fridge.

 

“I don’t like sharing my bed with other people. Plus, I’m a messy sleeper; and have weird sleeping habits.”

 

Khun followed her to the fridge and opened it for her.

 

“So? You’ll have to share your bed with your future husband someday anyways. I’ll be practice!”

 

Jiwon took out the carton of milk and drank straight from it.

 

“I still don’t want to.” 

 

Nichkhun took the carton of milk out of her hands and placed it on the counter.

 

“You have serious hygiene issues… who the hell drinks milk straight out of the carton?” Khun said.

 

Jiwon wiped and pointed at herself. Again, he followed behind as she walked out of the kitchen.

 

“Just go home Khun. I am never letting you sleep on my bed,” She said as she sat down on the couch.

 

Nichkhun took a seat next to her and tried to come up with an offer she couldn’t resist.

 

“How about you let me sleep with you on your bed and I’ll  give you a high position at the hospital.” He offered.

 

Jiwon the TV and shook her head.

 

“I’m not into those things… I want to earn my spot with my hard work.” She replied.

 

“How about I tutor you in the math. I know you got 10/100 in your last test. You can’t really graduate with honors if you do that.”

 

Jiwon thought about it for a moment. She is terrible at math… and she needs it dearly in order to graduate with honors and prove to her parents wrong. But still… she wasn’t comfortable sharing her bed with him and was a little bit scared. 

 

“I’ll also give you the leadership position for our lab. That will really look good on your resume~” he added. Nichkhun knew that he offered the right deal when he saw her eyes widen.

 

Getting leadership position for lab was one of Jiwon’s dreams. Nichkhun, the most stubborn man on earth, offering her that position is just too unreal. That makes her closer to graduating with honors if she took that offer.

 

“If you cross the line while we sleep, I will chop your off.”

 

Nichkhun jumped in victory. 

 

“I’ll put a body pillow between us so no one steps out of line.”

 

“No one including you?” he asked.

 

Jiwon nodded in reply.

 

“I tend to hug people when I sleep and do other weird like putting my hand under someone’s shirt. So in order for both of us to not harass each other, a border will be needed.”

 

“I don’t mind you hugging me and grabbing my abs.” Khun teased.

 

Jiwon could feel her face burning as she shook her head. Khun smiled at her cuteness.

 

“Let’s get brunch Jiwon. I haven’t ate since I woke up~” Nichkhun said as he stood up and walked towards the door.

 

Jiwon’s stomach rumbled on cue as she walked behind him.

 

“I ordered pizza” She said.

 

“Cancel it. I want something else… like a traditional Korean breakfast.” He replied.

 

Both of them wore their coats and slipped on their shoes. Nichkhun wore his casual sneakers while Jiwon wore her short hazel Ugg boots.

 

Strangely, August feels so cold this year. Both Jiwon and Khun were shivering as they walked to a small Korean soup restaurant.

 

“Are you cold? Want to hold my hand?” Khun teased.

 

Jiwon slapped his back and walked faster.

 

The place where they wanted to eat was still 2 blocks away and it was getting colder and colder by the minute. Khun decided to take her hand since he himself needed some warmth. Jiwon was surprised by his sudden actions but didn’t complain since she too was desperate for some warmth. Street vendors who weren’t busy looked at them and giggled among themselves. Seeing a young couple walk down the street hand in hand brought them back to their younger days.

 

As they arrived at the small restaurant, they were greeted by warmth and the smell of delicious soup. This restaurant was the no-chair dining type so they had to take off their shoes. Nichkhun led Jiwon to a table near the window and sat down. The waiter followed shortly and gave them the menu.

 

“What are you getting?” Nichkhun asked.

 

Jiwon shrugged in reply while scanning the menu. was completely frozen and dry so she had no will to talk.

 

Nichkhun too scanned the menu for something that would satisfy his stomach.

 

“I’ll have the gomguk soup please.” Jiwon said.

 

“And I’ll have the yukgaejang please, with 2 rice bowls.” Nichkhun said.

 

“Would you like any other dishes? Like dumpling or stirred fried pork?” the waitress asked.

 

Jiwon tapped Khun’s arm and pointed at the mixed dumplings set.

 

“We’ll have the mixed dumplings set too.” Nichkhun said.

 

The waitress wrote the orders down and took the menus, leaving Jiwon and Nichkhun alone again.

 

Khun filled both glasses with the tea-water provided.

 

“You should ask her out,” Jiwon said, breaking the comfortable silence.

 

“Who?” Nichkhun asked.

 

“The waitress. She totally went googley eyes on you.” Jiwon answered.

 

“Really?... but she isn’t my type. She’s looks to clingy for me.” Nichkhun replied.

 

“Isn’t that Miyoung girl that keeps on following you was also clingy? You like her.”

 

“God no, she’s a pain in the . I think you were too sick and got confused with me liking her and her attacking me.”

 

While waiting for the food they kept chatting about random stuff like school, relationships, funny stories, etc.