two

Gloves and Syringes

From the moment they stopped fighting, Nichkhun can’t stop cursing her out in his mind. Although he compliments on her so-called ‘bravery,’ he can’t accept being made a fool of by that one irrelevant girl. As the professor showed the class the list of partners, he quickly found his name on the very bottom, along with the brat’s name. At first, Nichkhun wanted to complain and ask to work alone, but as he thought about it more, he could actually take advantage of this; he could make her suffer.

 

He turned his head to the back and saw her jaws dropping as she herself could not believe that she is partnered with the she fought with.

 

So not feminine, Nichkhun thought as he analyzed her appearance. Jiwon was wearing a simple green underarmour hoodie along with a pair of ¾ length leggings and Mickey Mouse sneakers that looked as if it has never been washed. She wasn’t like any of the girls that were wearing skirts and pretty dresses with heels/flats. Nichkhun didn’t want to admit it, but he kind of like her style of clothing. It was so casual and laid back, and to top it all off, he liked her Mickey Mouse sneakers. Her hair was in a messy ponytail and it made her stand out.

 

Nichkhun didn’t want to waste any more time on making her life hell, so he casually stood up and walked towards her. Some girls in the front row who were watching him became jealous of Jiwon. Out of all the girls in this school, she was the only one who said more than a mere hello. Jiwon, who was spaced out felt someone’s presence beside her. She looked to the side and saw the jerk she’s been wanting to murder.

 

“This is wonderful isn’t it? Me and you, partners for a year,” He started, “ Don’t worry, I’ll make sure that by the end of this year, you’ll regret talking back at me.”

 

“Oh please, I’m not scared of snobs like you who only feed off of their parents’ money. You’re no different than any of the students here, except maybe the fact that you’re 50% more snobbier than them.” Jiwon replied.

 

“And what are you? Dressing up like a homeless person does not make you any different than the rest of us. Everyone in this school is filthy rich, and we all feed off out parents’ money.”

Only if you knew me, Choi Nichkhun. You’d be surprised. She thought.

 

“Don’t be a know-it-all. You don’t know anything about me, so you better shut it.”

 

“You don’t know me either, so stop judging.”

 

“I know enough to judge you.”

 

And with that, the bell rang, signaling the end of lab and the beginning of a small break.

 

“You may be dismissed.” The professor said.

 

Jiwon quickly grabbed her bag and walked out of class, not wanting to face that jerk again. Meanwhile, Nichkhun was fuming in anger. He felt ridiculed by her words; she made him feel stupid.

 

He was so going get back at her for doing so, so he grabbed his phone and dialed his personal butler.

 

“Hello? Mr. Kim, can you do something for me? Can you find Song Jiwon’s file for me and email me ASAP.  Thank you.”

 

 

Jiwon felt extremely tired after the last class of the day. It was already 4:18 in the afternoon and she was extremely hungry. She didn’t get to eat for the whole day because of her busyness. Because she was a part-time kindergarten teacher, she had classes in the morning around 8 till 10:30. Then, she had classes from 11-4. The kindergarten and the institute was only 15 minutes, but one of the male teachers spent 20 minutes just talking about this delusional date he wants to have with her, and thus she missed the first bus and had to wait 10 minutes for the next bus. When she thought she was out of the woods, stupid traffic came up and wasted a handful of time.

 

Unlike the other students, Jiwon used the bus to go to places. She didn’t ride a fancy car or getting picked up by a fancy chauffer because she hated that life. She wanted to be more independent and not feed off of her parent’s wealth. If people really knew her, they would be shocked at how rich she really was. When her bus stopped in front of the kindergarten, she got off and walked to the nearest supermarket to buy some ingredients for a quick meal. Then, she walked a couple of blocks and arrived at her apartment building. There were only 2 floors in the small apartment and there were only 8 rooms.  Her room was on the second floor, and it was the biggest of them all. It had one bedroom, consisting of a queen-sized bed and a simple bathroom to go along with it. She had two 40-inch LED TV’s placed in the bedroom and in the small living room. There was a small kitchen that had a working oven and an electric stove top. There was a medium-sized fridge and a suitable sink as well. The small living room consists of a small couch and a coffee table. She didn’t have a dining table because she preferred eating on the couch or in her room.

 

 The old lady who owned the apartment building liked Jiwon the most because she always paid on time, her room was never noisy, and once in a while, she would share some of her baked goods to the old lady. The old lady is the only one who knows about Jiwon’s parents and thus, loves her very much. To her, Jiwon is one of those rare souls in this earth, that hasn’t been corrupted by money, fame, and power.

 

As Jiwon entered her room, she took off her shoes and hanged her coat on the coat hanger. She then put all her groceries on the kitchen table and prepared to cook dinner for herself.

 

Meanwhile, Nichkhun was busy reading Jiwon’s file in his room. Mr. Kim was quick on finding information, and Nichkhun was grateful for that. That’s why people are scarred of him in SIM, because he knows practically everything about them. In order to enter the institute, students must fill in a very personal sheet to make sure they aren’t a threat to the institute.

 

Hmm… What do we have here?

 

Nichkhun skimmed over the general information and caught something interesting.

 

She didn’t list her parents’ name or address… the only contact she has is her grandmother and she stays at a small apartment building not far from here. Isn’t that place like filthy and full of poor people?

 

He turned to the next page as he skimmed through her personal essay.

But if she’s poor, shouldn’t she have a scholarship or something? Weird…. But she does have a part-time job… and as a kindergarten teacher. Wow.

 

As he read the last lines of the file, he learned a bit ore of who she is. And now, he has enough to judge her.