thirteen

Gloves and Syringes

“Oppa?”

 

Khun’s attention turned to Jiwon. Oppa?

 

“Dongsaeng-ah! How are you?” Song Jimin asked.

 

Jiwon’s face exploded with happiness when she saw her twin brothers standing in front of her with a warm smile on their faces. She jumped on them and gave them a big hug.

 

Again, jealousy erupted Khun like a fresh volcano. His ears were already bright red and he didn’t like to see his friend hugging handsome guys other than him and calling them oppa. A hand suddenly patted him on the shoulders and made him turn around.

 

“Khun! Where have you been bro?” Taecyeon yelled.

 

The Song siblings paused their happy reunion and starred at the guys beside them.

 

“Oh hey guys… what’re you doing here?” Khun replied, hugging each one of them.

 

“We felt like visiting you… who’s that?” Minjun said, pointing at the confused Song siblings.

 

“She’s a close friend of mine, Song Jiwon.” Nichkhun introduced.

 

Jimin and Jinyoung felt their overprotectiveness rise up and glared at the guys standing before them.

 

“Who are you and what do you want from our baby sister?" they asked. 

 

Jiwon covered her face in embarrassment before slapping their arms. 

 

"Don't be weird idiots," she said. 

 

So they’re her brothers; that’s a relief... did I just really say that?

 

“You never told me you had brothers…” Nichkhun said.

 

“Their existence never crossesd my mind,” she replied, earning a slap on the head. 

 

“Yah hyung, is this the girlfriend you've been talking about ?” Wooyoung asked, teasing the two.

 

“Wahh Choi Nichkhun… she's cute.” Junho added.

 

Both Khun’s and Jiwon’s face turned red as the 5 guys laughed.

 

“Boyfriend?! Song Jiwon, why did you grow up so fast?.” Jimin pouted.

 

“It’s nice meeting you sister-in-law.” Chansung greeted as he shook Jiwon's hand.

 

Nichkhun gave Chansung a slap on the back before mouthing a ‘sorry’ to Jiwon.

 

“I’m sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Choi Nichkhun, a close friend of your sister.”

 

The twins eyed him from top to bottom before nodding their heads. 

 

“Nice going lil sis; didn’t know you had it in you.” Jinyoung said, earning a slap from Jiwon.

 

“We’re her twin brothers by the way. I’m Jimin and he’s Jinyoung.”

 

Nichkhun bowed to them and smiled. The rest of the guys introduced themselves including a pissed off Miyoung.

 

“Oh, Miyoung-shi. She’s the clingy girl you talked about right Khun?” Jiwon asked, earning a chuckled from the 5 guys.

 

Miyoung glared at her and controlled her anger so that she won’t lash at her… at least not now. 

 

“It’s really nice meeting you guys, but do you mind if we steal her for the day Nichkhun-shi? It’s been a few months since we've met her and we have A LOT to catch up.” Jimin said.

 

“We’ll return her by tonight. Where's your meeting place?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Oh, I live with her now.” Nichkhun said, smirking at Jiwon.

 

Jiwon’s brothers smirked at their sister. This is really an improvement for her. 

 

“Are you guys are seriously dating? Living together is a bit too much for someone who's just friends” Taecyeon teased.

 

“No! He just wanted to stay together since he lives far away from campus. And it’s easier for us to work together since we’re lab partners.” Jiwon quickly said, hiding her red face.

 

Khun smiled at her excuses since it was the same excuses he used when he tried to persuade her the other day.

 

All the guys just nodded, but they knew what was really going on.

 

“Well, we’ll se you later.” The twins said before dragging their sister out of there.

 

Nichkhun and his friends decided to got a café and catch up as well. They told Miyoung to go since they needed to talk in private for a while.

 


 

“Why didn’t you tell us sooner about her? She was SO cute!” Junho exclaimed as the 6 of them sat down.

 

“And she really pissed Miyoung off, which was something rare.” Wooyoung added.

 

“I met her just a couple months ago when I started the year. We actually started off hating each other… even the professor thought we would kill each other if we were left alone.” Nichkhun started.

 

“What happened then?” Minjun asked.

 

“We just got to know each other and things became better I guess.”

 

“You guys aren’t dating though?” Taecyeon asked.

 

Nichkhun shook his head before taking a sip of his coffee.

 

“But you like her…?” Chansung added.

 

Nichkhun was silent for a minute. He didn’t really know what to say, but the others clearly knew his answer.

 

“Don’t worry Khun, you’ll get her. We should hangout together with her… who knows she’ll fall for one of us.” Minjun said, earning a glare from Khun and laughs from everyone.

 

They continued talking and spending time together until the sun set.


 

Meanwhile, Jiwon was being heavily interrogated by her brothers. And all the questions just made her dizzy.

“I have a feeling you’re going to marry this guy… he honestly seems like a pretty nice guy.” Jinyoung said.

 

“And he’s drop dead gorgeous.” Jimin added.

 

Jiwon scoffed at her two brothers… they really shipped her and Khun together.

 

“He’s just a friend for goodness sakes! I’m not really wanting to be in a relationship right now.” She replied.

 

“If you keep avoiding all the good ones, you’ll end up dying alone.” Jinyoung said.

 

“If that’s what it takes for me to not get my heart broken like in those movies, then I’ll do it. And I don’t need to see mom or dad if I don’t get married. The more the merrier!” Jiwon exclaimed.

 

Jimin and Jinyoung are really worried for their sister. They too had lost contact with their parents and are living easily, but Jiwon sounds so hurt whenever she talks about them. They’re happy that she finally escaped them and that stupid ex-fiancé of hers, but they’re still concerned about her happiness.

 

“Don’t say that. You need to get married so that we can happily send you off. Choi Nichkhun seems perfect for you!” Jimin said.

 

“Didn’t you say he owned the medical school you’re attending? The fact that he’ll provide more than enough for you calms our hearts. You know his family participated in this charity event and he looks like he’s going to be a good father. You like guys that are good with kids right?” Jinyoung asked.

 

Jiwon was too tired to argue anymore since she was too full and sleepy. She just sighed and shook her head. 

 

After a couple more drinks, they decided to take Jiwon home.


 

“Hyungs! You’re back.” Nichkhun said as he opened the door, letting Jiwon drunkenly walk in.

 

“Yeah. Didn’t we say we were going to return her to you? She's a bit tipsy though” Jimin replied.

 

“Khun-ah, from now on, we will acknowledge you as our future little brother-in-law. So please take care of her!” Jinyoung said.

 

Nichkhun’s ears turned red from the shyness and the happiness he was feeling.

 

“She might be stubborn and hard to deal with, but she’s a good girl.” Jimin added.

 

“I know.” Nichkhun replied.

The twins said goodbye to Khun before walking off.

 

Nichkhun then walked to the bedroom to take his phone and found a peacefully sleeping Jiwon on the bed, already in her pajamas and snoring as usual.

 

“Aigoo… you sleep like a baby~” He said to himself as he fixed her position.

 

He decided to join her since it was already late.


 

The next morning, both of them didn’t wake up until 9 since it was a Saturday. Nichkhun who woke up first felt something hugging his arm. When he slowly opened his eyes, he was shocked to see Jiwon leaning on his side with her arms encircled tightly around his arms. Nichkhun wiggled his arms a bit, but there was no reaction from her. Instead of waking up, she tightened her grip on his arms even more. This made Khun really shy, but happy as well. So this is the habit you were afraid to show me? I hope there’s more~

 

 

Jiwon slowly woke up from the sound of someone singing and opened her eyes. She pushed herself out of bed when her eyes met Nichkhun’s who was gazing at her closely.

 

“Holy mother of … you scared the living crap out of me!” Jiwon yelled in her croaky voice.

 

“Well I just woke up to someone hugging my arm~” Nichkhun teased.

 

Jiwon hid her face in embarrassment and walked out of the bedroom. She really didn’t think her sleeping habits would show last night because of her tiredness. Unfortunately, she was wrong. Jiwon opened the fridge and took the carton of orange juice and opened the cap.

 

‘Ding Dong, Ding Dong’

 

Jiwon put down her juice and ran to the door.

 

“Morning Jiwon-shi~” Junho greeted.

 

Jiwon, who was still a bit sleepy, bowed to them and let them in.

 

“No need to be so formal with us Jiwon-ah.” Minjun said.

 

Jiwon didn’t bother to ask why they were here and went back to her juice.

 

“Yah! Why are you guys here?” Khun asked as he walked out of the bedroom.

“We just came to say hi and spend some time with sister-in-law before going to a charity event.” Wooyoung said.

 

“And we’d like to invite both of you to join us.” Taecyeon added.

 

The 5 sat down on the couch as they smiled at Khun, waiting for his answer.

 

“Jiwon! Do you want- Yah! How many times have I told you to not drink straight from the carton?!” Nichkhun yelled as he ran towards Jiwon and took the carton of orange juice from her.

 

“I’m still used to living alone you annoying brat!” Jiwon replied.

 

Nichkhun groaned and took a mug to pour her juice in.

 

The guys just chuckled at their adorableness. They really looked like a married couple. After putting the carton back in the fridge, Nichkhun dragged Jiwon to the couch.

 

“So? Do you guys want to come?” Minjun asked.

 

“Come where?” Jiwon asked, confused.

 

“To a charity event downtown. It’s a closed Gala.” Taecyeon answered.

 

Urgh. Charity events. One of the many things that Jiwon hates since she’ll probably meet her parents and other rich investors.

 

“No thanks, I’m not in the mood to meet my parents.” Jiwon said as she stood up and walked back to the kitchen.

 

“Parents?” Chansung asked.

 

“Her parents own a big company.” Nichkhun answered.

 

The guys all nodded.

 

Junho decided to stand up and accompany Jiwon in the kitchen while the rest of them chat amongst themselves.

 

“Jiwon-shi? What are you doing?” Junho asked as he observed Jiwon’s cooking.

 

“I’m boiling some peaches and pears. Do you want some?” Jiwon asked.

 

“Sure!” Junho replied happily.

 

Junho waited patiently for Jiwon to finish cooking. He observed how delicately she placed the fruits on a plate and drizzled it with sugar syrup and cream.

 

“It’s still hot so be careful.” Jiwon warned him before eating.

 

“Yah, yah, yah…. What smells so good?” Nichkhun said as he entered the kitchen, only to find Junho and Jiwon eating.

 

“This is amazing hyung! She’s a really good cook. The best~” Junho said, taking another spoonful.

 

Nichkhun went over to Jiwon and opened his mouth while making an ‘Aaaaah’ sound.

 

Jiwon took a spoonful of the fruits and blew on it before feeding him.

 

“Woah~ this is really good… I didn’t know you could cook.” Nichkhun praised.

 

“Well there are a lot of things you don’t know about me.” Jiwon replied.  

 

Soon enough, the guys all gathered in the kitchen as they ate together. They would ask Jiwon some questions from time to time before finishing their meal and bidding their goodbyes to leave for the event.

 

“Don’t have too much fun you both!” Taecyeon said before shutting the door.

 

After they left, Jiwon went back to the kitchen and washed the dishes while Khun cleaned up the living room area. It was already 11:30 and they didn’t really have anything else to do.

 

“Jiwon-ah, want to watch a movie?” Nichkhun asked while picking up the garbage.

 

“Sure… what do you want to watch.” Jiwon replied as she wiped the last dish.

 

“Um, how about Age Of Ultron? Let’s go at 6 and spend some time shopping or walking around today. How does that sound?”

 

“Sure… we’ll go after taking a shower okay~” Jiwon replied before going into he room and picking some clothes.