three

Gloves and Syringes

After finishing her usual morning routines, Jiwon head to the kitchen to grab a banana before heading out. It was 7:30 and she was ready to head out to the kindergarten across the street to teach. As she came down the stairs, she said hello to the old lady behind the counter before walking out of the apartment building.

 

Jiwon felt that today was extremely cold. Although she wore a hoodie under her coat and leggings under her jeans, she felt the coldness piercing into her bones. Her scarf was wrapped around her neck and mouth; and she wore a lime green beanie to cover her cold head.

 

“Hey Jiwon,” Mrs. Lee said as Jiwon entered the kindergarten.

 

Jiwon replied with a small bow and smile before walking into the teacher’s lounge. Mrs. Lee was the owner of Haebaragi(sunflower) Kindergarten. She loved having Jiwon here because out of all the teachers, she was the only one who really enjoyed her job. The kids love her more than any other teacher in the kindergarten. And so, Mrs. Lee always puts extra in Jiwon’s paycheck because she deserves it.


Children came in, as it was almost 8 o’clock. Jiwon skimmed through the whole lesson for today as she erased the board and got ready.

 

“Thank you guys, you were wonderful today. Have a good day!” Jiwon said cheerfully as the students gave her a hug before leaving.

 

Jiwon grabbed her Nike purple sack bag as she locked the door of her classroom and head outside. Before she opened the door, the receptionist, Byul, gave her paycheck.

 

“Here’s your month’s paycheck sweetie.”

 

“Thanks Byul, have a good day!” Jiwon opened the door and walked towards a seven eleven store before heading to the bus stop.

 

Jiwon grabbed the melon bread and a bottle of water before going to the cashier.

“That would be 6,000 won please,” the cashier said.

 

Jiwon paid in exact change as she head outside.

 

Meanwhile, Nichkhun was impatiently waiting in his car, trying to find his ‘lab partner.’ Since he read her files, he knew exactly what she was doing in the morning and followed her to avenge himself from the day before.

 

Where the hell is that- oh there she is.

 

Nichkhun spotted a girl with a green beanie and a purple Nike sack bag heading towards the bus stop, eating a melon bread. That’s when he got out of the car and told his driver park around the corner. He then casually walked towards Jiwon as he smirked to himself.

 

This is going to be fun.

 

Jiwon, who was innocently waiting for the bus, felt someone’s presence beside her. Oddly, she felt the same annoying aura as her ‘lab partner’ from the other day. Since she didn’t want to speculate anything, she kept quite; tapping her foot, as she wanted the bus to arrive quickly.

 

“Did you threaten my parents so that you could attend SIM?” Nichkhun said abruptly.

 

Jiwon stopped eating when she heard the familiar voice. Anger built as she realized what he just said.

 

“What the hell are you talking about!?” Jiwon yelled, still full of bread.

 

“Don’t talk with your mouth full. It’s disgusting and rude,” Nichkhun replied.

 

“So what? I don’t care what you think.” She replied.

 

“Let me ask you again, did you or did you not threaten my parents to get into SIM?”

“Why should I? I am capable of paying my own tuition fee idiot.”

 

“But you’re just a part-time kindergarten teacher! How could you afford such expensive bills?”

 

Jiwon was about to reply something sarcastic before she realized what Nichkhun actually said.

 

How the hell does he know about my job?

 

“How in god’s name do you know that?” Jiwon asked.

 

“Well, being the son of the owner of the institute you attend does give me some privileges. In short, I read your file.” Nichkhun smirked.

 

Jiwon’s jaws dropped as his words flew around her head. He read my file? My super private personal file?!?

 

Jiwon threw her bread to the trash bin before pulling the collar of Nichkhun’s coat towards her.

 

“Who gave you the right to invade my privacy you little ?” Jiwon glared at Nichkhun with so much hate.

 

Nichkhun found it funny that a 160cm girl had the balls to grab his collar. He was just surprised that she could even reach his collar!

 

Nichkhun then forcefully pulled Jiwon’s hands off his collar and smirked.

 

“Didn’t I tell you that I had privileges?”

 

Jiwon’s eyes were filled with anger as she started to hit him.

 

“You. Piece. Of. .

You. Can’t. Do. That. To. Me!

You. ing. Invaded. My. ing. Privacy!”

Each word was one smack to Khun, but he wasn’t really feeling any pain because the sight of her being like this just made his day.

 

People started noticing their bickering. Some said they were cute, and some ignored them. Nichkhun knew that they had made quite a scene and that it was time to go.

 

With Jiwon still hitting him, he slowly dragged her to his car. Jiwon finally realized what was going on and yelled.

 

“Somebody help me!!! This freak is trying to kidnap me and me

 

“Sorry for disturbing you, she’s just out of her mind right now. Please continue on with your day.” Nichkhun said to every passing stranger as he covered Jiwon’s mouth with his hand.

 

Some people wanted to help Jiwon, but they just thought that they were a couple who were arguing so they don’t want to get mixed up in their business.

 

The driver opened the car door as Nichkhun threw Jiwon in and got inside the car as well.

 

“Where are you taking me?! This is kidnapping you snob! I- we have classes to attend idiot!” Jiwon yelled with all her might.

 

“Not today sunshine. There’s some business we have to take care of first.”