On the fifth day of new years

Someone Must Have Been a Good Girl This Year

  "Yuck!" the girl exclaimed as the alarm blared her awake. "School !" she grumbled as she scraped herself out of bed and went to get ready. Even the thought of her New Years surprise failed to cheer her up. It was early and cold and she'd rather go back to bed. Finally she was washed and dressed. Gathering her school things, she banged her way downstairs, still grumpy. Suddenly she noticed a delicious smell coming from the kitchen.

  "Good morning Little Miss Grumpy Pants!" Seungri chirped, smiling much too cheerfully for a Monday morning. "Today I am your personal chef and chauffer!" 

  "You can cook"?" she asked skeptically, sliding into a chair at the kitchen table.

  "I'm hurt, really. I even made you lunch." The maknae from BigBang pouted, showing her a cute lunch bag. "Fine, you don't want pancakes, eat a stale donut." He gave his best adorably sad panda face.

  "I'm just surprised is all. And sorry, I hate Mondays, and school, and cold."

  "Who doesn't hate Mondays?"

  "My elf-unnie. Since it starts her work weekend, she loves Mondays, and hates Fridays since that's the start of her work week and she works all weekend. She's a little crazy."

  "Sounds like it. Here, let me know what you think." He handed her a full plate. She took a bite, and could honestly say she'd never tasted anything like it, and told him so.

  "That good huh?"

  "Yeah, let's go with that." She managed to eat enough to be polite, then pushed her plate away. "If I don't leave now, I'm going to be late."

  "Well then Milady, your chariot awaits." He waited til she pulled on her coat and shoes and grabbed her school bag. He handed her the lunch he prepared, then with many grand gestures, brought her to the vechicle of the day, a bright red VW Beetle.

  "Milady" he gestured to the passenger side.

  Once she was settled, he got in on the driver's side and with much swearing, managed to get the little car started. "Sorry Milady. I thought it was cute. I forgot bugs don't like the cold, which is dumb since they're German. So, where to?"

  The girl giggled all the way to school, barely managing to give him directions since he was either singing his own version of popular songs, mostly dirty, or was telling stories about the other drivers, that made no sense but were hilarious. Way too soon, he was pulling up to the school gates.

  "This is where I leave you Milady. I shan't be back to pick you up, but I'll be seeing you soon." With a salute, he drove off, having managed to put her in a better mood. She headed inside, smiling and wondering what tomorrow would bring.