Chapter the First

Someone Must Have Been a Good Girl This Year

  The girl was excited, almost too excited to go to bed. Tomorrow was Christmas after all, and although she was past the age of believing in Santa, she had this feeling so was going to be getting something extra special this year. Somehow she managed to brush her teeth and climb into bed. Putting on her Taeyang Rise album, she snuggled under the covers and drifted off to sleep.

  Sometime in the middle of the night, she thought she heard her name being called, even through her dreams. Finally waking up, she slid out of bed and followed the unknown voice downstairs to the living room. Sitting under the Christmas tree, with red and green glitter in his Mohawk and a big shiny ribbon around his neck, shirtless and clad in a pair of tight leather pants was Taeyang from BigBang. She rubbed her eyes, certain she was either mistaken or still asleep, but he was still there.

  "Hello" he said, rising and bowing. Somehow she managed to understand him, even though she didn't speak a word of Korean. She pinched herself, certain it was still a dream. He chuckled.

  "It's no dream Little One." He smiled at the face she made. Little One? He might be older, but I'm still taller! she thought. "One of Santa's elves saw you were a very good girl this year and mentioned to the big guy that you deserved a very special present, and sent me to fulfill it. We couldn't all fit in the sleigh or the whole group would be here. So, what would you like me to do for you?"

  The girl quit pinching herself and walked close enough to gently poke him in the arm. Taeyang smiled again. "See, still real." He her cheek lightly. "They told me you were a good girl this year. No one said how pretty you were. So Pretty One, what do you wish of me? Should I sing?" The girl barely managed to nod, still in shock. "As you wish Pretty One."

  Taeyang escorted her to the couch, tucking a blanket around her legs. He headed into the kitchen. Huh what? the girl thought. I thought he was going to sing? He came back out a couple minutes later, holding a mug of hot chocolate. Handing it to her with another smile, he shook his body out before breaking into a dance, and an acapella version of Ringa Linga. Next he sang Solar, then Love You to Death. She sat there, hot chocolate forgotten, mouth hanging open, which made her look like a stranded fish. He sang a couple more songs, then bowed. "So Pretty One, what did you think?" She managed to close and nod her approval.

  "That was wonderful!" she managed to squeak out, mouth dry. She took a sip of her hot chocolate. "I loved it! Thank you so much!' He smiled.

  "I'm glad you liked it, but I'm afraid I have to go. The big guy should be back any time now. It was a pleasure being your present Pretty One." He walked over to her and pulled the mug out of her hands. He set it on the coffee table, then took her hands in his. "Merry Christmas" he said softly, gently pressing his lips against hers. With another smile, he turned and left. The girl blinked. Did he just... Her thought trailed off.

  Several hours later, she was woken up by the noisy din of her family banging around, wanting to open their presents. She sat up, stretching. Was that just a dream after all? the girl thought. But I don't remember falling asleep on the couch. She looked over at the coffee table. Next to her cold mug of chocolate was a card. She leaned over and picked it up. Inside was written in a mix of Korean and English. Later on she would go on Google translate to figure out what it said, but there was no mistaking the signature. He was real? She squealed to herself and slipped the card into her pocket before going to open her other presents.

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!! KE