On the first day of New Years

Someone Must Have Been a Good Girl This Year

  "Ug, my head!" The girl woke up slowly, clutching her head. She hadn't come home til after two in the morning from a New Years eve party at her best friend's house. Surprisingly, no one had managed to spike the punch, but the music had been too loud and there was a strobe light while they danced, which unfortunately made her dizzy. She had no idea at first why she would be awake, til she remembered her older friend from out of state promised her a surprise for New Years, after teasing her unmercifully. It was probably too early for her present, but since the painkillers were in the kitchen anyway, she might as well go down and look.

  The girl slipped her feet into her favorite fuzzy socks so they wouldn't get cold and softly padded downstairs so she wouldn't jar herself and make her headache worse. She was halfway down the stairs when she heard a crash and a burst of what might have been Korean profanity. She ran the rest of the way downstairs and into the living room, where the where the Christmas tree, which was mostly stripped bare, was tipped over and a very confused looking TOP from BigBang stood there, clad in a black suit and entirely tangled in Christmas lights. 

  Despite his predicament, TOP smiled and somehow managed to bow when he saw the girl. "Hello. I'm your present for today. I was supposed to put away the Christmas thibgs before you saw me, but I'm a bit tied up at the moment." Though she tried hard not to, she couldn't help but laugh at the sight, which made her clutch her head and run for the kitchen. Once she downed two pain pills and a large glass of water she walked backed into the living room, convinced she'd seen a hallucination. Nope, TOP was still trapped in the lights. 

  The girl helped untangle him then plopped on the couch, clutching her head. The pain killers hadn't helped at all. "Headache?" TOP asked sympathetically. Sitting down next to her, he pulled her down so her head was resting on his lap. Gently he started massaging her head. She closed her eyes.

  "Wow this feels so good, thank you" the girl told him, dozing off. 

Wen the girl woke sometime later, she was alone. A pillow had been placed under her head and she was covered with a throw blanket. She thought that perhaps it had been a dream, til she saw all the Christmas decorations were down and there was a note on the coffee table. With the help of the Korean dictionary she bought after Christmas she read, "It was nice to meet you. Sorry about your headache. You're as pretty as YoungBae said you were. See you soon. Choi Seunghyun"