On the eigth day of New Years

Someone Must Have Been a Good Girl This Year

  Today the girl practically raced into school. There was a special music lesson she'd signed up for and the day had finally arrived. What she was really curious about was who the teacher was going to be. She had an idea, but she wanted to know whether or not she was right. 

  When the girl got to the classroom, it was nearly empty. Either she was early, or a lot fewer had signed up than she thought. She took a seat near the front and waited. A few minutes later, the teacher arrived. Yep, it was Daesung. When she caught his eye, he gave her a little wave and a huge smile, which made the rest of the class grumble. 

  Daesung explained that today he was going to teach them how to read music and perhaps to sing something simple in Korean. Most of the class groaned, but the girl was just curious. 

  By the time class was done, everyone could at least read a basic scale and Daesung had taught them how to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in Korean. Well, kind of. Only the girl and a couple others actually attempted the song. Everyone else just sat there. 

  After class was over, most people couldn't get out of the classroom fast enough, but the girl stayed behind to help clean up and to talk to Daesung for a bit. When it was time for them to leave, he kissed her hand and said he'd see her soon. 

  Yes, I know it's shorter than usual and that it hairy, sweaty monkey balls, but I think my brain froze when I went to go grocery shopping this morning. I just couldn't think!