The 8th Fall

Paradox of Love

I sighed as I entered the school. I can hear the whispers of some. They're maybe thinking about Hyeri being gone together with me but they're shocked that I'm here to stay.

I first go into the locker's area to see if my things inside are still well.

"The new girl seems so interested about you."

I heard Xiumin's voice on the other side so I eavesdrop. I saw Luhan getting something from his locker and Xiumin leaning against the wall while laughing.

"What's your rating?"

Xiumin asked Luhan. He closed his locker before looking at Xiumin.

"Since I haven't heard her talk yet, I'll give her a 7.5."

Xiumin clapped his hands while laughing and Luhan chuckled.

"That's your highest rating so far. You only rate Irene 7.5 after hearing her talk but this one... Damn, Lu!"

I dropped my book so I quickly hide and cursed inside. I just pretended that I'm putting my things inside my bag when they walk towards to where I am.

"Oh? I thought you already dropped out."

I pretended that I was shocked when Xiumin asked me. Luhan is just standing behind Xiumin while looking at his phone.

"Uhmm... No."

I honestly want to tell him that I also thought that the office dropped me out but Mr. Oh saved me... But of course I can't tell him that. We're not close and Luhan is here. He might think that I'm using his brother's kindness and his father's power.

"Hyeri's friends told everyone that you're both dropped out because the principal saw that you're fighting."

Can't believe that that kind of news spread all over the school. What a shame for people to believe that!

"Minseok, are you going to chat? I'll head to the classroom now."

Luhan suddenly in so Xiumin asked if I want to come with them, I said I'm still fixing my things. I wanted to tell him that his friend has an allergy when coming near me.

When they turned and started to walk, I acted like stabbing Luhan's back. Xiumin looked at me so I just act that I'm stretching. He saw what I'm doing! Aish!


"It's my treat. Let's eat lunch together!"

Sehun appeared in front of me as I got out of our classroom. I nodded at him.

"You ordered a lot..."

I whispered after he told the waiter the things he like. He put down his phone and smiled at me.

"I invited Luhan-hyung. I didn't tell him that I'm with you. I don't really know what's his problem but he doesn't like being with other people."

Sehun is too innocent to notice. Your hyung only hates being with me! That's the correct thing! He likes other people but he hates me.

"Oh? Hyung!"

Sehun shouted. Aish! The monster is already here. I'm just looking down but I knew that he already saw me.

"I don't like the food here. I'll just eat some-"

I stood up so he stopped from talking. I smiled at Sehun before looking at Luhan.

"It's okay. You can stay and eat with your brother. I'll be the one who will just eat somewhere."

I was about to walk but he held my arm.

"Sehun invited you first. Go eat with him. I hate the food here."

I shrugged his hands off me and darted my eyes on him.

"Hate the food? Just say that you hate me. Don't make this restaurant look bad just because I'm in here."

Sehun stood up and got in between us.

"Hyung, Seohyun, what's wrong with the two of you?"

Luhan sat down like nothing happened. Sehun looked at me and asked if I'm okay.

"I'm not feeling well, I'll just go home."


I wiped my tears when someone knocked on the door. It was the daughter of the land lady.

"Unnie, you have a visitor."

I nodded and fixed myself first before going out.

"Yura!"

My sadness faded when I saw Yura smiling widely at me.

"Yah! What's with that swollen eyes?!"

I invited her in and when we're already inside my room, she gave me a present. It's a pair of shoes. I thanked her and she asked me to go out so she can treat me. I agreed since this place is too small for us and our loud voices might irritate the land lady.

We decided to stop by a coffee shop. At first she insisted saying that she wants to treat me on a restaurant but I told her that I really want to drink caramel macchiato.

"So what's up?"

She asked while we're waiting for our order.

"I already told you on the phone. I just got back to school earlier because Sehun helped me."

She squintted her eyes at me and I grimaced in return.

"I really feel like he likes you but he can't tell because you're a noona. Aigoo, it's really true that teenagers nowadays are interested in older girls."

I laughed at her and she pouted saying that she may be right. Well, I've been friends with Sehun for three months but I can't feel sparks between us maybe because we only see eachother as friends.

"Is Luhan still mean to you?"

I nodded and she rolled her eyes.

"Forget about that douche! Why are you so into him? He has never even laid his eyes on you, even for a second."

I gulped and put down the donut that I'm eating. She's right. Why am I wasting my affection to someone who doesn't even understand me?

"Look at that face! Aish! Hyun, if you will continue--- Oh my..."

She didn't continue what she's saying as her eyes widened while looking at my back. I was about to look but she held my hand.

"Hyun, let's just go out."

She stood up and grabbed both of our drinks. I can't help but look at my back and I saw Luhan with a girl.

"Aish! I told you not to look."

Yura said before dragging me away from here.


"Alright... Just cry your heart out."

We're currently sitting at the sidewalk bench. Good thing that it's already dark so people won't notice that I'm crying. Yura has been telling me that I'm not learning for crying again and again because of the same person. But I can't help it!

"Yes you're right. She's a new student. She just transfered last week."

I told her that I heard Xiumin and Luhan talking about a girl. She also confessed but why is she accepted?! I'm not saying that he should've given me a chance, what I'm saying is he should at least treat me nicely!

"Well thanks to her. Irene and her friends will have a new target."

Yura remarked and I can't help but agree. At least I'll get something good.

"This will be the last time that I'll cry."

She grimaced at me after I said that. She mocked me saying that I always break my own promise.



"Why are you like that to her?"

I stopped from moving when I heard Sehun. I'm currently putting all my things back inside my locker when I heard him.

"What are you saying?"

Luhan answered with irritation in his voice. How can he speak like that? Sehun is too nice talking to him!

"I thought you're cool about us? Why are you like that to our sister?"

"Why are you making such a big deal? I was stressed that day that's why."

I realized that I shouldn't be eavesdropping especially if they're talking about family issues. I really should mind my own life!

After I fixed my things inside the locker, I fixed my bag and started walking away.

"Are you like that because she's only our half sister? Hyung, I know it's hard to accept such thing but please treat her nicely."

I just continued walking to stop myself from eavesdropping. They're having a hard time...

_______________________________

2nd update for this day.... Just comment what you think :)