The 3rd Fall

Paradox of Love

It's been months since that moment happened but everyone still remembers every detail like it happened yesterday.

"I have good news!"

Yura cheered as soon as she saw me. She waved a paper in front of me so I grabbed it. I frowned after I read what's written on it.

"You'll be an exchange student in Tokyo?"

I should be happy for my bestfriend but how can I live my life here in this school if she'll go?

"Mom and dad are so proud!"

Her smile faded when she saw my crumpled face. She massaged my shoulders, trying to cheer me up.

"I'm happy for you. I just somehow feel scared. What will happen to me if you'll go? But nevermind! I'm really happy for you."

I smiled and gave her thumbs up. I don't want to be sulky because she might think that I'm pulling her down.

"Don't be like that! You're making me cry!"

She fanned her eyes using her hands which made me laugh. I'm really happy for her but I'm envious. I'm jealous of the fact that she has everything: perfect family; money; good looks; kind heart; intelligent... Name it, she has it! While I'm the exact opposite: broken family; poor; trashy; weak heart and not that good enough. I guess, opposites do attract.

"You might be sadder because your Luhan will also join me."

Her whisper echoed in my ears. He will also go? Well, why not? He should go!

"That's good to hear."

I gulped and finished the pepero that I was eating. She tapped my shoulder and gave me a playful smile.

"Aish, don't hide it! It's only the two of us. You can tell me how you really feel."

I looked away from her because my eyes started to water. I will not cry again because of him! I cursed inside when I started crying.

"Yura-ah, I've been loving him since before and I've been wanting to meet him after a long time then now what? He will be gone again?"

I harshly wiped my tears away. People might see me and they might think that I'm crying again because of Luhan... Which is true but argh! Why am I such a fool for that robot being?!

"Stop crying, Hyun. I think heaven is giving you a chance to move on from him! This is your chance to forget him. Fighting!"

She cheered so I clenched my teeth and showed her my fist.

"Fighting!"


I'm waiting outside the school to finally end something. Yura told me that they will leave the day after tomorrow and also, they will not go to school tomorrow since they need to prepare.

I put my hoodie when I heard laughing coming out. I don't want to be seen by the whole soccer team, they might think I'm really a crazy fangirl of that Luhan!

"Just tell us if there are a lot of pretty girls there, alright? Take care, Lu!"

"Yes I will. You all should take care too! Coach is aging, his patience is running out."

When I heard his laugh, I suddenly forgot my lines! Focus. I need to focus. I peeked and saw that he's already alone, getting his bike on the parking area so I took the chance to approach him.

"Excuse me..."

I actually practiced in the mirror how to hell 'Hey punk!' But let's not consider that now.

He turned and frowned as soon as he saw my face. He get something from his bag and wear his headphones.

"I don't have time."

He coldly said before riding his bicycle. I pulled his bag so he stopped from moving and looked at me.

"Just a minute, please."

I didn't practice saying please in the mirror but I'll say it just once today.

"You really want to talk here? Parking lot?"

He is mocking me, I know but I will let him slide just for today.

"I don't care about the place, I just want to talk to you."

I've been swallowing my pride lately but I guess this will be the last time.

"Follow me."


We ended up at the central park bridge because he said that it's near his home.

The view is nice, though. The sun is setting and you can see its reflection on the canal water.

"Are you going to talk or what?"

The wind blew as he asked me that. I cleared my throat and faced him.

"Luhan, Yura told me that both of you was chosen to go to Tokyo as an exchange student. I know it has nothing to do with me but I just want to tell you something before you go."

I sighed to compose myself. He is not looking at me, his eyes are focused on the sun that is setting.

"I know you already told me that you don't know me. Maybe you forgot about that moment but I didn't. That day was my happiest birthday so far that's why it's still on my mind. Nothing has changed since then, I like you. I still like you."

I stopped talking when he faced me and his cold eyes landed on mine.

"How many times do I need to tell you to never bring that up again? I don't know you and I don't care if you like me. Why are you so persistent?"

"And why are you so mean?!" I shouted as my tears began falling. "Don't worry, this will be the last time you'll hear this from me. I will move on from you. I will forget you and I'll find someone better than a scumbag like you."

I shouted with all my might before running away from him.

Goodbye Luhan. I really hope that in six months, I will forget about you.


"You confessed again? Yah! I told you not to do that again! You're just making his head big."

Yura shouted on the other side of the line. I called her as soon as I got in my apartment.

"Don't worry! This will never happen again, I promise. It feels good to shout at him."

I smiled when I heard her sigh. I know she really wants to go here and slap me to wake me up from my senses.

"Hyun-ah! Promise me that you will not cry because of him while I'm gone."

I honestly don't want Yura to go but I also don't want to be the hindrance to her dreams. Friends should support eachother no matter what.

"I will not cry again, I promise. And you, promise me that you'll come back safely."

I ended the call and slumped on my bed. My life will be peaceful once that Luhan will be out of sight.


"Yah! Stupid girl! Are you happy now?"

I was walking my way to class when Irene and her friends ganged me up and dragged me on the lockers area.

"What are you saying?! Let me go."

They are five and I'm only one, if Yura is only here, I will not be caught up in this situation.

"Let you go?! Luhan left because he's so sick of you following him around!"

How can she say that? Did Luhan tell them that? So, even if he's not around he is still bothering. He really hate me that much, huh?

"Yah, Irene! Let's get to the action. I'm not into long talks."

Hyeri, her friend, said as she held the colar of my uniform. She then lifted her right hand before slapping me. I closed my eyes because of the pain.

They all laughed and I remained closing my eyes as I feel like crying. I don't want to cry. Never again!

"Yah! Look at me!"

Another one of them shouted so I opened my eyes and stare at her.

"Is that all? You all look pathetic right now. Between us, you all look hurt than me. You're all nothing but crap put together to form a huge mess."

I bravely said and received a slap from Irene.

"How dare you say that?! Yah! Girls, do whatever you want to that trash!"

She told them and two of them made me bend before they poured water on me. Someone grabbed my bag and put all my things out and they all stepped on my things.

I didn't budge. I just closed my eyes and receive all of the physical pain that they're willing to give me. I'll let them do whatever they want until they're satisfied so they can stay away from me after.

"What are you doing?"

I heard a familiar voice but I didn't move.

"I'm stopping them but they..."

Irene said but stopped right away.

"Why are you explaining?"

He said and I felt the he stepped closer.

"I don't care what's happening in here. Can you just go away so I can get the things on my locker?"

I opened my eyes and it landed right away to the person who's the reason of all my sufferings.

"But Luhan? What happened? Your flight got cancelled?"

Irene asked the question that's on my mind. Luhan sighed and walked towards his locker.

"Class is already starting, you should all go."

He coldly muttered and all of them rushed to go to class. I sighed when they're already out of sight. I grabbed my bag and put all my scattered things inside. I'll just go home. I can't come to class looking like a stray cat.

I also need to call Yura, maybe their flight got cancelled but my phone is not working. They stepped on it too hard.

I turned around and lifelessly walked.

"You're going to class on that state?"

I stopped from walking when I heard Luhan shouted. I faced him and he eyed me from head to toe. I feel so embarrassed right now. I'm a freaking mess in front of him but I don't have strength to care anymore.

"So what?"

He laughed and threw a handkerchief at me just like what he did before but this time, I'm not crying. I angrily throw it back.

"Yah! Why are you still here?! You should just go! You should be gone, alright?! Why are you still here?! Why are you always stepping down on me?! Just because I like you? Then fine! Starting from now, I don't like you anymore!"

I shouted and felt like my veins will burst. He stepped closer and held my hand to put the towel on it.

"Liking me is not the issue here but you keep on bringing it up. I really hope that you don't like me starting from now."

His smirk made my anger burst again. I stepped closer and draped the handkerchief on his shoulder.

"I don't like you anymore, ."

My voice didn't shake when I said that. My eyes didn't look away. I didn't cry. I walked away not feeling guilty of what I told him. I walked away without looking back at him.

I will hold on to my promise to myself and to Yura... I will not cry again because of Luhan. I will stop liking him and start moving on from him.

__________________________

I actually promised myself that I'll update this after I finished with TGFS but /sigh/ I just can't control myself these past few days...

What do you guys think? ♥