The 14th Fall

Paradox of Love
I got up earlier than usual to avoid seeing Luhan around. It kills me everytime our eyes meet and the awkwardness is like eating us up.
 
"I'll get going. I'll just eat this inside the car."
 
I stopped walking when I heard Luhan at the dining area. I peeked and saw him putting his packed lunch inside his bag.
 
"Why are you up so early? Do I need to wake your sister up? Is there a happening at your school?"
 
The maid asked and he shook his head.
 
"Just don't mention me to her." 
He said and turned around.
 
I hid behind a large vase so he won't see me. He immediately exit the house while carrying his bag.
 
So, he also woke up early to avoid me. Well, what's new? I'm a sore to his eyes.
 
I ate my breakfast slowly while still feeling bitter about what I've heard earlier. He asked the maids to stop mentioning him to me.
 
 
 
"Good morning!" 
 
I was shocked to see Changmin infront of me. I also greet him and we walked side by side as we enter the school.
 
"Graduation is near. What university are you targeting?"
 
I sighed in relief as he asked that. I'm glad that he didn't mention about what happened last time with Luhan. I somehow feel comfortable that our secret is safe with him.
 
"I'm not yet sure." I realized that my answer was too dead so I asked him another question. "Today is the soccer game right? I've heard that you'll play."
 
He stopped walking to face me. I also stopped and looked at him as he smiled. "I thought you don't know. I was supposed to surprise you." He pinched my cheeks.
 
I got shy but didn't let him see. "I'll cheer for you!" I showed him my fist before saying, "Fighting!"
 
 
The whole field was filled with cheers as soon as the players of both teams appeared. I saw Changmin, looking so tensed while listening to their coach. I looked at the other side and saw Luhan. He's laughing with his friends, he looks so comfortable.
 
"Here! Let's cheer for our team!" Yura appeared while giving me balloons to cheer for our team, Luhan's team.
 
I grabbed it as I moved a little to give her space to sit.
 
"You know what? You shouldn't be here. You might fall in love with your brother again." She said so I grimaced at her. "He looks cool whenever he's in the field, that's what you said before." She even mocked me!
 
I just shook my head and focused on the game.
 
I won't look at him! I will focus on Changmin. My support is for Changmin, Luhan already has everyone squealing for him. He's also comfortable because he knows this is his territory. It's like this is all his, including everyone in here who are only looking at him and screaming his name.
 
I got excited when Changmin was in control of the ball. I stood up as I feel so hyped about his skills! He plays soccer so well!
 
" Go Changmin! Fightiiiiing!!!" I screamed at the tope of my lungs then he scored a goal!
 
I jumped. He looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I also did the same.
 
After focusing so much on Changmin, my eyes began looking for someone. I spot Luhan looking so fired up. He's shouting at his teammates and they are all panicking.
 
"Omo! Your brother is not yet scoring. That's new." Yura said without looking at me.
 
The game is nearing its end but Luhan's team is not yet scoring. Xiumin looks so worn out because Luhan keeps on screaming at him, telling him what to do.
 
I stood up in anticipation when Changmin is kicking the ball again. Luhan immediately run towards him so they are currently having a one on one.
 
I clenched my fists and bit my lip.
 
When he got a chance, Luhan kicked the ball. It's a risky shot because he's far from the net but he still managed to score!
 
After that, the referee whistled. "It's a tie!" He announced which concluded the game.
 
"A tie? Never in our wildest dreams!" The girl beside me said.
 
"I can't believe Luhan didn't go all out!" Another girl said.
 
Yura poked me and pointed Luhan using her lips. "Your bro must have been in some serious these days."
 
I eyed him from a distance. He exited alone while his team members are greeting the other team.
 
What's his problem?
 
Yura grabbed me towards the players, saying that we should congratulate them.
 
Changmin is already smiling at me. Yura gave me teasing smile while we slowly walk towards Changmin. I removed Yura's hand that's holding me.
 
"I'll just check on him." I said.
 
"Who?" She asked, confused.
 
"Luhan ofcourse." I answered before running towards the exit.
 
 
I saw their coach and asked him about Luhan. He said that he's at the cafeteria, to eat.
 
I arrived at the cafeteria and saw him drinking soda, alone. I sat infront of him and opened the bag of chips that's on his table. I began eating it. He eyed me once but he just frown and busied himself on his phone.
 
"Now you're crazy over that guy." He broke the silence which shocked me.
 
"What?" I didn't quite get what he just said.
 
"You're crazy over that Changmin. I can see how your eyes were glued on him during the game. I saw how you happily cheered for him. I saw how your eyes sparkle whenever your eyes will meet. I saw it all."
 
He saw all of those?
 
He then, grabbed the bag of chips on my hand and began eating it. I rolled my eyes at him.
 
"You should focus on the game rather than meddling with us." I said.
 
"You didn't even look at me." He whispered but enough for me to hear.
 
"I did." I said which made him look at me. "I always look at you." I gulped.
 
"Before." He said like he is completing my sentence. "It's all in the past now."
 
"I still look at you because you are my brother. Of course I care about my brother." I said in defense of what I've said earlier.
 
" being a brother." He said before standing up and leaving me.
 
_________________________________________
COMMENTS ARE SOOO LOVED! ♥