The 13th Fall

Paradox of Love

I'm holding a placard while Yura is giving out flyers to all the students who are entering and even telling them the details about our café.

She hit my head using the flyers and I yelped. I rubbed my head and hissed at her.

"You're not helping! You can't even lift that placard. Aish!" She complained and went back on her own work.

I pouted and made face. I was shocked when someone snatched the placard on my hand. It was Changmin!

"There's a cafe on the third floor. It would be cool if you visit it." He said to the girls who are squealing while asking him questions. "I can't tell you about what's inside. You should visit it to see it yourself."

They squealed in unison so I rolled my eyes and it landed at Yura who is giving me a teasing look. I also rolled my eyes at her. If my reflexes are activated earlier, our friendship might be over now because I'll hit her using the placard as revenge for what she did.

Our class president called us to tell us that we're needed inside the room.

The room is full with girls! Aish. I can see Xiumin flirting. I saw Luhan serving a table, he's not flirting but the girls look like he's seducing them.

"Oh! Yura, Seohyun, wash the dishes!" One of my classmate said.

"You can't complain. It's part of your punishment. And besides, the girls are busy practicing for the dance competition which the two of you didn't join." He even mocked us!

"Who is complaining?!" I wanted to hit him but he's holding two cups of coffee so I can't. I'll hit him later.

"I'll wash the dishes for them." Changmin said and all of them looked at him. "My whole class will join the competition and I am not so I'll just help here."

"We don't need your help." Luhan suddenly said. He's busy mixing the chocolate drink but he still managed to but in.

"Who are you to say that? Of course he can!" Yura crossed her arms in front of Luhan.

"Alright he can, so the two of you can either join the other girls on that dance competition or face the worst punishment when we tell our prof that you didn't help." He eyed me like he's challenging me for a duel.

"Washing dishes is better." I muttered and I saw his smile. Let him be, Seohyun. Just ignore him.

"He's really arrogant." Changmin whispered while scrubing the forks.

"That's right! He thinks he's the coolest! I don't understand why he and Seohyun are siblings. They are too different from each other."

I pinched Yura on her waist and she accidentally dropped the cup that she's wiping so it landed on the floor.

"Aish! Are you really helping?" The class president said and called the other guys to sweep the broken cup.

Luhan also came and eyed the floor. "You're bleeding." He commented before grabbing my arm.

What? I looked at my feet and the front of my ankle is bleeding. A piece of glass might have cut it when the cup fell.

We got inside the clinic and the nurse let me sit on the chair. Luhan and Changmin are both standing in front of me while the nurse is curing my wound. After she put the band-aid, she told me that I'm already fine.

"I'll take you home." Changmin said while we're walking on the hallway.

"The wound is not fatal. She can continue washing the dishes." Luhan commented which made Changmin stopped from walking so I stopped too.

"Seohyun, I brought my bike. I'll take you home. I know you're tired." Changmin insisted.

"She can't go home. Cutting class should not be practiced." Luhan's voice sounded pissed so I suddenly got nervous.

"Who are you her dad? You don't have any right to talk like that. She needs to go home. She looks pale since I saw her standing on the entrance." Changmin then grabbed my arm and started walking.

Luhan grabbed my left arm and chuckled. "I'm not her dad."

Changmin stopped and we both faced Luhan. The look on his face is scary. He's like going to burst anytime soon.

"I am her brother. I have a say on what my sister is doing. You? Who are you?" He then removed Changmin's hand on my arm. "You don't have a right to touch her like that." He then dragged me with him.

I looked back at Changmin and he was as dumdfounded as I am.

When we reached the classroom, he let go of my arm. He faced me and I can't seem to read what's on his mind.

"You told me to be quiet about it. You just break your own rule." I'm even stuttering while saying that.

"The rule doesn't apply to me. Can you choose your friends wisely? That guy is convincing you to cut classes."

I suddenly felt pain on my abdomen. I held his arm and squatted. I think I know why Changmin said that I look so pale.

"Please buy me napkins. I don't use tampons so make sure it's napkin. Buy the one with wings." I said before rushing inside the CR.

I don't have time to be ashamed!  It's menstrual cramps we're talking about here.

I just sat on the toilet bowl while waiting for the napkin. What's taking him so long? Aish!

"Yah Seohyun?!" Yura's voiced echoed inside so I also shouted so she can know which cubicle I'm in.

She gave me the napkin and a piece of from below.

I got out and saw Luhan, or should I say, my brother. His arms are crossed and he's looking at me with brows knitted together.

I looked for Yura but she's nowhere to be found. Why did she leave me with this monster?

"You can rest inside the clinic if you want." He said then he started walking.

I followed him. "No, I can manage." I told him and fastened my pace to walk beside him.

I stared at his side profile and I must say that he looks like an angel.

"Hyun!"

I was startled when someone called me, which made me tripped.

"Ouch!" I yelped in pain.

I looked up and saw Changmin. He hurriedly accompanied me.

"Can you walk?" He asked as soon as I stood up.

I nodded and told him that it was nothing. I tried to step my right foot but yelped in pain. There's something wrong with my ankle.

"Here." He said and he knelt his left foot on the ground, his back facing me.

I looked at Luhan, for approval, I guess? Because he just told me earlier to stay away from Changmin. Of course, I will listen to my brother!

But he just stared at me blankly before walking away.

I don't know why am I even disappointed. He has been like this since forever.


"Now, I think your brother will allow you to really go home." Changmin commented after the nurse gave me medication.

"Please keep this a secret. I don't want to cause trouble." I asked as we head our way towards the exit.

I was shocked to see the family driver outside. He looked at me and smiled. "Miss Hyun, I'll drive you home."

Both him and Changmin escorted me to get in the car. He waved at me so I smiled at him, then we drove off.

"Luhan said that you hurt your ankle. Did he helped you with it?" He glanced at me using the rearview mirror so I shook my head. "He knows how to massage dislocated bones. His uncle is a therapist, he lived with him during summer when he was still young."

"Maybe he knows but he won't help me. He hates me so much and I don't know why."

"He might be having a hard time in adjusting with the situation. Give him time, and for sure, he'll be good to you."

I hope so.

We arrived and the maids immediately accompanied me upstairs. They told me that mom and dad are both out to meet a friend who just got back from Australia. They keep on asking me if I need anything and I keep on telling them that I'm fine.

I decided to take a nap since my abdomen hurts really bad. The pain will be gone once I wake up.


"Miss Hyun, dinner is ready."

I woke up with the voice of the oldest helper in our house. I smiled at her and told her that I'll just wash my face.

I dreamt of halmoni earlier. She gave me a dove in my dream. I wonder what it means.

I walk down carefully because my ankle is still aching. I was shocked when someone suddenly lift me.

It's Luhan!

I looked at him but he's just seriously looking on the steps of the stairs.

"Bring the first aid kit." He ordered the househelper before sitting me on the couch.

He began observing my ankle.

"Ouch!" I shouted when he started to rotate it.

"Why are you so prone of falling?" He looked at me like he's waiting for an answer.

"I don't know." I looked away because his eyes look so dreamy and beautiful which made me feel intimidated.

"I still don't like that Changmin guy as your friend." He suddenly said after wrapping my feet with a gauze.

"He is really kind and very caring." I reasoned out.

"Hyun, even kind people can break your heart."

We both looked at each other at the same time.

It's like time stopped or is this also part of my dream? I don't know. All I know is that, I managed to look at him while he is looking back.

"Luhan, Hyun we're home!"

Mom's voice echoed so I immediately stood up to welcome them. Luhan remained on his position while putting everything in the first aid kit.

Why does it feel so wrong? Why does it feel like we're about to get caught when there's nothing. Maybe it's just me. Luhan seems fine. It's really just me. I'm the weird one here.

______________________________________________

comeback is real ya'll! comments are loved ♥