The 5th Fall

Paradox of Love

We don't have classes today so I planned to spend this day to look for a part time job.

I don't like to work on a café, my school mates might see me and it will embarrass me more. They already knew me as a crazy girl who loves Luhan, I don't want them to add another name for me.

I stopped in front of a pizza parlor and I saw a poster saying that they're looking for a delivery boy. Hmm...

I got in and roam my eyes on all corners of their shop. A guy approached me and eyed me from head to toe.

"We're closed."

I know! I wanted to say that but I cleared my throat and bowed to greet him.

"I'm Seohyun, I want to apply for a job. I saw the sign that you're looking for a delivery boy so I'm hoping..."

He laughed which made me stop.

"It seems like you know how to read but don't know how to comprehend. BOY. We are looking for a boy. A girl can't drive a scooter."

I smiled trying to stop myself from knocking him off. I should not lose grip on my patience. I'm looking for work for halmoni and I.

"I know but I can drive a scooter. Please give me a chance sir. I really need to work."

"Yah, Junki. Who is that?"

A grandma got out and faced us. She's wearing an apron and she wiped her wet hands on it. Looks like she just finished washing the dishes.

"Halmoni, a girl is applying to be a delivery man."

There's a hint of laughter on his tone but the grandma shooed him on the side and faced me.

"He is my grandson, the owner of this shop. I'm sorry if he treated you that way. Don't worry, you can start your work tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Really, halmoni? We don't even know that girl. If you want, I'll give her a chance but she needs to be interviewed first."

The grandma faced her grandson and flicked his forehead. I can't help but laugh inside. He is a chicken infront of his grandmother.

"Thank you, halmoni. I promise that I'll do my job wholeheartedly."

I bowed then she told me my schedule. After she told me everything, I happily go home. She even gave me free pizza that's why I'm so excited to see my halmoni so we can share on this.

"Halmo- What are you doing here?"

My smile fade when I saw Luhan sitting casually on the floor while reading a book. He eyed me once and turned his attention on the book again like he didn't hear me.

"Here..." Grandma got out from her room and gave something to Luhan then she noticed me, "Seohyun! How is it? Did you find a job?"

I grimaced as I glanced at Luhan but he's busy putting his things on his bag. He doesn't really care about his surroundings or he's not just into eavesdroping.

"I'll be working on a pizza parlor."

I whispered because I don't want Luhan to hear. Grandma's eyes widened and she congratulated me quickly.

"Seohyunie is really charming. What will be your work there?"

I paused for a second as I realized that halmoni might not allow me to work if she finds out that I'll be riding a scooter.

"I'll be doing the dishes."

I smiled and didn't even blink. Aigoo, I'm lying to the person who treat me so well. Don't worry halmoni, after I saved money, I'll stop from working and I will buy you your own shop. This moment is not yet my time but eventually, I'll rise to the top.

"That's good to hear, but you might hurt your hands."

She held bothe of my hands and I shake my head. My whole being has been aching since I was born, physical pain is just a gentle pinch for me.

"Thank you, halmoni. I'll go now."

Luhan bowed to grandma and snubbed me. Aigoo! If grandma is not here, I might kill him. Really Hyun? You can't even shout at him without being shy. Aish!

"Why is that boy here?"

I asked grandma as soon as the monster is out of the house.

"He's the son of the kind-hearted man. He just got some extra scarfs."

I nodded and head inside my room to call Yura. She said that she doesn't have classes today so she asked me to call her so we can catch up with the happenings on each other's lives.

"Yes, I always hear his brother's name here. They're quite popular. Actually they're disappointed that Luhan didn't come to study here."

I told Yura about Sehun. As soon as I mentioned his name, she already sighed and told me that.

"I see... He actually offered himself to be my friend."

Yura coughed on the other side of the line.

"Omo! What if he likes you?! Will Luhan also hate his brother?"

She laughed and I grimaced. I can't imagine Sehun liking me. He's just very kind like his father.

"Yura, he's younger. You know that I prefer someone who is older right?"



As days passed by, I'm becoming more fond of talking to Sehun. There's still awkwardness but I can easily shrugged it off because he's so goofy.

"So, are you going with us tomorrow?"

He asked while we're eating snacks at the soccerfield. It's nice to stay here since the players can't practice because of the rain. We stayed at the benches where there is roof just like the other students.

"I can't. I need to do something."

And that is my part time job! But I can't say that to him. Although I'm comfortable, there's still a thin line that separates us.

"I see... It will be sad. Hyung will not come with us."

I looked at him as he mentioned the word 'hyung.'

"Maybe they have practice."

I guessed but he shook his head and let out a chuckle. An insincere chuckle. He chuckled but his face shows bitterness.

"No. He's just like that. He doesn't like to come with us. That's why we can't have a complete family picture on all our adventures because Hyung is always not present."

Is it because his mother is not with him anymore? He is too cruel to me but I can't seem to hate him too much.

"I also want to learn soccer but Hyung is not teaching me." He stood up and grabbed the soccer ball and kicked it on the field. "Do you want to play soccer?"

I do but it's raining. He's already playing in the middle of the rain and I keep on calling him but he's just laughing. He kicked the ball in front of me.

"Pass it to me!"

He shouted and I grimaced because the ball is already wet. Aigoo this kid! I carefully grabbed the ball and throw it at him. I was shocked when he pulled me out in the rain and now I'm also wet!

We played soccer in the middle of the rain like little kids. We don't even know who's scoring, we just enjoyed this moment.

While we're fighting to get the ball, a whistle stopped us from moving.

"Yah! The two of you! Come out!"

It's the coach of the soccer team.


"You're already near to become college students but it seems like you're still elementary kids."

Coach Kim said and he called someone on the door and it's Luhan and Xiumin.

"Captain and sub-Cap! What do you think will we do with these two kids?" He let Luhan and Xiumin in. "It's your brother. Handle this, I'll have a class to attend to." He said and leave us in front of the two.

I scratched my nape as I feel uneasy because I'm dripping wet.

"Hyung, what's the punishment? Let Seohyun go home so she can change, she might get sick."

"You should've thought about that a while ago before playing in the rain."

Luhan sternly said and Sehun bowed his head. He's really a loser whenever he is in front of his hyung.

"Luhan, your brother is right." Xiumin said and held my arm so I looked at him. "Seohyun, you can go home now."

Luhan held Xiumin's hand and pulled it away from me. Xiumin and I looked at him at the same time.

"She can go home without anyone touching her."

He said then turned to Sehun and asked him to follow him. My mind went blank from thinking of what he said. Xiumin called me and said that he'll accompany me home.


"Sorry for bothering you. Thank you for accompanying me home."

I bowed to Xiumin as he waved goodbye to me. I sighed in relief when I saw that halmoni is still not around. She might be angry if she saw me at this state.

'She can go home without anyone touching her.'

What does it mean? Omo! I knew it! He told that to Xiumin because he's thinking that I'm sick or I'm carrying a virus. He cares about Xiumin more than me! Well ofcourse, Xiumin's his friend while I'm just nothing.



I woke up with a message from Sehun asking if I'm okay. I told him that I'm more than okay and I also sent a take care message for their charity work today.

"Halmoni! I'll go to work now."

I shouted before riding my bike to head on that pizza parlor.

"Good morning, sir!"

I greeted Mr. Lee as soon as I arrived and he just nodded and continued typing something on his laptop.

He's so cranky! But he's cute at the same time. I head inside the working area and was shocked when I saw that I already have something to deliver.

They all eyed me from head to toe because they said that I'm the first delivery 'man' who is a female.

"Take care!"

They cheered on me before I started the scooter. That's the perks of riding a bike, you can easily ride motorcycles and even this scooter.

I'm heading now to the last customer. The two customers earlier are so kind. They even gave tips and I'm not even asking for it.

"Pika Pizza Boo Delivery!"

I shouted and smiled at the camera. I was shocked when Luhan come out. My smile turned into a frown.

"How much?"

He coldly asked while searching something on his wallet. So rude. He didn't even smile.

"18, 900 won sir."

He gave me the money before getting the box of pizza from me.

"Thank..."

I didn't finish because he already closed the door.

So he really didn't come with his family. What does he want? To bury himself inside this mansion?! Aish! And why do I even care?! Go die in there Luhan!

I first closed the container at the back of the scooter and fixed my helmet. I was about to start the scooter when I heard him talk.

"You didn't get sick?"

I turned and realized that his voice is coming from the speaker.

"Obviously..."

I said through the mic.

"I hope you won't get sick from lying. The poor old lady is thinking that you're in front of a sink right now, eagerly washing the dishes. Dishwashing, huh?"

He scoffed. I thought he's concerned but nevermind! This guy will never be concerned about me.

"Then tell halmoni! I don't care about you! Get lost!"

I shouted before starting the scooter and driving away.

_________________________________

Update 'cause this has been on my drafts for half a year lol Enjoy reading and don't forget to tell me your thoughts. ♥